Ragnaros 10 man normal issues

Hello Mmo-champion!

So my guild has been trying on Ragnaros 10man now for quite some time, and yet we have only had about 5 attempts into p3 (4 of them being with 80% of the raid dead after the transition).

Available people that we have are:

Prot pala
    Feral bear (can also go resto, meaning we have 2 druid healers)

Resto druid
    Resto Shaman
    Holy paladin

Combat Rogue
    Frost DK (also with quite decent tanking gear)
    Fury warrior (also prot, decent gear)
    Shadow Priest
    Demo warlock
    MM hunter

So we keep wiping on stupid stuff mostly it feels like; taking traps too early, being on the wrong mob in transition-phase, not moving too fast from fire, etc, etc.

We've tried quite a bit of different tactics, but are open to any new ones. Currently I think that the biggest thing we do different (not sure if that's even different lol) is p2: We split the raid into 2 (melee+1 ranged+1 healer on the far left, staying spread out, and ranged+tanks+1 healer on the right side, spread out aswell). We then run into the middle right infront of Ragnaros and AoE them down. Often though, engulfing flames comes in melee-range and kills someone that is a bit too slow.

I don't have any logs, but next time we attempt Rag, I'm gonna try logging it (so lazy )

So ANY help that I could help would be a lot appreciated.

Thanks,
    Zayniel

Sounds like a flaw in your strategy in P2 if you're having problems there.

Try putting down two markers in front of the boss. One a bit back, and one just in front of him. On the first seeds you run to the one further back, where the middle engulfing flames will spawn. On the first seeds there is no hammer, so standing here is fine. This means you can merely press "w" and move forward to the other position if engulfing flames come on the middle.

Then you just AoE the seeds down and go back to your positions at the sides. On the next seed spawn you stack up at the marker in front of the boss, because a hammer will come on this one, but no engulfing flame. The two abilities always come together with seeds like this, first engulfing, then hammer, then engulfing, then hammer.

So just repeat the process with walking to a different marker each seed spawn, first the one in the back, then the closer one. This should make phase 2 a lot more manageable for you.

If you have any other issues make sure you mention them. You mention people mostly being dead when you reach P3? Do they die in the P2-P3 transition? There is a lot of healing to do here and it's easy to mess up the flames and stuff. Make sure you remind your Paladins' and Mages' to ice block/divine shield the fire debuff away if they get it. Tell your healers to pop some healing cooldowns to make the transition easier, they won't need them for P3 anyway.
    "That's his talent, the dead answer his call."
    "They answer his call. And there are a lot more of the dead than there are of the living."