Raid timers and heroic kills?

Alright was going to beat around the bush but I'm going to come straight out with it!

My idea/question is : If you zone into an instance that a boss has been killed on heroic, you click accept, you are SAVED to that raid id? Or are you just saved to that instance 3/4 say?

Then your saved, you leave, a group kills that last boss, are you then auto updated to 4/4?

What im wondering is if you can say kill halfus heroic, clear up to chog, then save my alts and leave 1 i dont kill him on every week. Then extend and resave my chars again. "passing" the 3/4 and 5/6 timer around endlessly.

Just wondering if this is a possible way to farm head/shoulder tokens for a few of my alts who thats all they really need.

Thx

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you zone into an instance that a boss has been killed on heroic, you click accept, you are SAVED to that raid id? Or are you just saved to that instance 3/4 say?
    What matters is whether the instance is set to normal or heroic at the time you zone in. If it`s on normal, then you won`t get saved at all unless you kill a boss. If it`s on heroic, you get saved to the heroic ID.

Then your saved, you leave, a group kills that last boss, are you then auto updated to 4/4?
    Assuming you got saved to a 3/4 heroic ID: if the group killed the 4th boss on heroic, then you can complete it only in normal mode in that week. If the group killed the 4th boss in normal, then you can complete it in either normal or heroic.

What im wondering is if you can say kill halfus heroic, clear up to chog, then save my alts and leave 1 i dont kill him on every week. Then extend and resave my chars again. "passing" the 3/4 and 5/6 timer around endlessly.
    It will work for normal Chogall (regardless of how you kill Halfus). Won`t work for heroic mode.

Quote Originally Posted by maky13 View Post
    What matters is whether the instance is set to normal or heroic at the time you zone in. If it`s on normal, then you won`t get saved at all unless you kill a boss. If it`s on heroic, you get saved to the heroic ID.

Assuming you got saved to a 3/4 heroic ID: if the group killed the 4th boss on heroic, then you can complete it only in normal mode in that week. If the group killed the 4th boss in normal, then you can complete it in either normal or heroic.
    It will work for normal Chogall (regardless of how you kill Halfus). Won`t work for heroic mode.

ah thanks, didnt know it's the "mode" its on when you zone in so that clears that part up.

So my plan does seem possible? Doing chog 5 times while only clearing to him once using heroic mode to get my other chars 3/4?

Quote Originally Posted by Tykus View Post
    Doing chog 5 times while only clearing to him once using heroic mode to get my other chars 3/4?
    To get the 3/4 the toon would need to be present for the 3 kills. They wouldn't get credit for the kills they skip past.

Quote Originally Posted by Raband View Post
    To get the 3/4 the toon would need to be present for the 3 kills. They wouldn't get credit for the kills they skip past.
    But thats the point of changing it to heroic, your saved as soon as you click "yes" or "Accept" or whatever it is right?

Im not sure thats why im try to clear it up hehe!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just to make sure, are you interested in normal or heroic Chogall? I also take it from your post that your alt who is keeping the save is not going to be present at the kills. Anyways, you got it right, here are the steps for clarity:

Normal Chogall:
    - Clear 3/4 in any difficulty whatsoever
    - Set the instance to heroic
    - Zone in with your alt, accept the save
    - Zone out with your alt
    - Do whatever you want with the instance with the main group
    - Your alt will be now 3/4, so you will be able to zone into a normal mode 3/4 instance next week with your alt as the raid leader.

Heroic Chogall: won`t work like the above. There is a way to work around this as well, however.

YESSSSSSSSSS ty sir