Thread: Mage/Rogue Help

Smile Mage/Rogue Help

Hey everyone.

I just started taking PvP somewhat seriously this season, due to not having time to raid. A mage friend and I are running together, having pretty good success. Our only problem is that for some reason we seem to due terrible against basically every disc priest team. We cannot seem to keep the priest CC'd long enough to blow up the DPS. I usually can get the sap off at the beginning, and we continue to do our best to blow up the DPS, but if we can't get him down (hardly ever do), we get stomped.

Any suggestions on what we can do to beat those teams?

Deleted
    be more specefic which settups you need help with, I was rank 1 rogue/mage s8 of rampage BG, I can give advice.

Sorry, I'll be more specific. We have a lot of problems with mainly Dpriest / rogue, Dpriest/ Hunter, and Dpriest/ frost dk. Like I said, we can't seem to keep the priest CC'd long enough to kill the DPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Intoxxicate View Post
    Sorry, I'll be more specific. We have a lot of problems with mainly Dpriest / rogue, Dpriest/ Hunter, and Dpriest/ frost dk. Like I said, we can't seem to keep the priest CC'd long enough to kill the DPS.
    Disc/Rogue: Sap the disc and let mage spell steal everything, then mage opens up hard on disc and tries to solo him, you stay back and make sure you don't get sapped or opened on by the rogue. If the rogue opens on mage, you open on rogue. If he doesn't, your mage should be able to get the priest to low hp, 40-50% then you open with a garrote and smoke and try to kill priest, if he uses cd's and you know you won't land a kill, switch to rogue. Back to "if the rogue opens on mage, you open on rogue". Cheap shot, hemorrage, smoke, recup and dance. You will force some cooldowns, when ever you get low you vanish and tell your mage to hold them off and you go eat. You make them use their cd's and kill rogue, keep hemorrhage dot up on rogue as much as you can. A full kidney + a sheep, sheep, deep, cs on priest = dead rogue.

Disc Priest hunter: you sap priest if you can, if you can't mage pops hunter out of camo, you sprint in cheap, if flare ruins it gouge him, dance on him, mage deeps and sheeps priest, try to kill hunter in smokes, if it doesn't work, you both go LoS and wait for DR's and cooldowns and repeat.

Disc frost has to be the easiest, sap priest, 2 shot dk. Garrote, dance cheap, recup spam ambush, when sap ends smoke. If dk trinkets play it defensive till you get new DR's for priest and kill dk, make sure to vanish garrote or ambush for find weakness.

Thank you so very much, this should work wonders.
    Appreciate it, you're the man!