Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    so during burn phase, it's still refreshing BOA and drainsoul until the haste wears off?

I don't fly in this fight (I will probably never get to because I'm a Rogue) so I may sound stupid here, but wouldn't it be best to delay getting 25 stacks so you can have the massive +crit during Burnout?
    That is, get 24 stacks at the most in the air and then get your 25th from a ring during Vortex. I think that's what a previous poster, Fiana, was implying.
    Last edited by Senka; 2011-08-22 at 08:15 AM.

Deleted
    First: Warlock is worst for flying because of missing pet damage (dunno if it was hotfixxed), but in your setup you're nearly the only one to go up...

If i was your raidleader:

• Rogue and Shaman und dif sites because if the rogue uses "Glyph of Kick" he can kick his initiate allone, same as the shaman... so with rogue and shaman no cast should come through (if you have enough damage on iniciates)
    • Paly healing DK and Priest on the warrior, if you 3 heal it advise your druid on running arround and crossheal/dispell dps (i'm playing the restodruid in our raid ;>)
    • A second caster would be nice because your hunter don't have to worry about meteors that intensive as he does it allone
    • Sry for bad english i'm a nasty german :S

Quote Originally Posted by Senka View Post
    I don't fly in this fight (I will probably never get to because I'm a Rogue) so I may sound stupid here, but wouldn't it be best to delay getting 25 stacks so you can have the massive +crit during Burnout?
    That is, get 24 stacks at the most in the air and then get your 25th from a ring during Vortex. I think that's what a previous poster, Fiana, was implying.
    You should get 25 stacks asap. Any further rings will refresh your buff to its maximum duration, so you could essentially wait till vortex ends, then quickly grab a ring and you'll be back with 25 on its full duration. There's no need to stop at 24.

I was flying for a pull tonight and pet does not hit the bird.

with your raid setup, sending anyone other than the affliction lock would be silly.... last week i did 51.5k dps flying as affliction (and i'm pretty sure i could probably do a little better)

---------- Post added 2011-08-22 at 09:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lyyzqt View Post
    First: Warlock is worst for flying because of missing pet damage
    silliest thing ive ever heard. dots scale better than anything else with haste, the fact you dont have a pet hitting something is totally moot... you use soul burn, instant summon felpuppy when you hit the ground every time.

When I first flew, I was pretty terrible at it, and fell out of the sky like 3 times during the fight (parachute ftw >.>)... and pulled about 25k DPS, which is lower than I do to most bosses, so I was sad, but it was to be expected since I was being a baddie... boss still died (on reg mode) so it was w/e.

Now that I've gotten the hang of it since we're doing heroic now, I pull about 50-55k, keep in mind since near 100% of your damage (probably more like 80ish, after shadowbolt to start) is DoTs it vastly increases the value of mastery, pushing it far beyond crit (lol 65% base crit on DoTs at 25 stacks), essentially each point of mastery is a straight 1.63% damage increase at 25 stacks... making it so that Chalice (pop during burnout, you'll outrange it while flying), or Necromantic focus are actually really strong trinkets on this fight (maybe not as strong as DMC:Volcano, but most likely stronger than Zeth).
    Last edited by Delia; 2011-08-22 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mowg View Post
    You should get 25 stacks asap. Any further rings will refresh your buff to its maximum duration, so you could essentially wait till vortex ends, then quickly grab a ring and you'll be back with 25 on its full duration. There's no need to stop at 24.
    Oh, ok. Thanks, good to know. I thought Alysra's Razor was just a one-time thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Senka View Post
    Oh, ok. Thanks, good to know. I thought Alysra's Razor was just a one-time thing.
    Yea it keeps refreshing, its pretty sexy having like 80% crit on DoTs (50% + 15% from talents + 15% from gear)... generally I'll end the first burnout with like 300 crits, and 150 non crits on Corruption and UA (each not combined)...

One time just for shits, after the tank died, I flew down and got focused by his bird, put DoTs on it, and even tho it killed me in less than 3 seconds, I did 1.5M damage to it >.<... I wonder if I had got a HoP if that would have kept the bird attacking me, and let me kill it with the 1000% damage buff >.>
    Last edited by Delia; 2011-08-22 at 08:03 PM.