Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Feral druids... possible fix

So its not feral druids damage that is ridiculous.

The one ability that makes facing them a nightmare is the instant cast cyclone. My thing is I dont think thats fair at all. Considering its not a debuff that can be cleansed by anything.

So 2 things that i would think would help the pvp side of anyone facing a feral druid would be:

1. Make predatory strikes have an internal cooldown of 30 seconds. That way they cant just keep a target cycloned with instant casts while they kill the focus target.

2. Rework cyclone. Why is this the only cc in the game that cant be cleansed? Makes no sense...

Well i hope people can give constructive criticism and not troll it but i guess we will see

I was like I gonna type wall of text to explaine u how hard it is sometimes to play druid ,how hard is to survive and actually "spam" this OP cyclone and our op bleeds:P
    Waist of time
    Originally Posted by the9tail
    I swear people wont be happy until feral druids are only able to /meow and chase their tails.
    I read somewhere that their periods attract bears. ... You hear that, Ed? BEARS! Now you are putting the whole station in jeopardy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by elochopa View Post
    2. Rework cyclone. Why is this the only cc in the game that cant be cleansed? Makes no sense...
    No, it's not...

Quote Originally Posted by Raze666 View Post
    I was like I gonna type wall of text to explaine u how hard it is sometimes to play druid ,how hard is to survive and actually "spam" this OP cyclone and our op bleeds:P
    Waist of time
    I swear people wont be happy until feral druids are only able to /meow and chase their tails.
    I'd actually be content with a 'chase tail' emote.

Quote Originally Posted by elochopa View Post
    The one ability that makes facing them a nightmare is the instant cast cyclone. My thing is I dont think thats fair at all. Considering its not a debuff that can be cleansed by anything.
    The buff that allows the instant cyclone can be dispelled (magic).

No to 1 and 2

I propose
    3:Understand that ferals can be controlled and although in a strong state are not nearly as bad as DKs in previous seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubite View Post
    No to 1 and 2

I propose
    3:Understand that ferals can be controlled and although in a strong state are not nearly as bad as DKs in previous seasons.
    Previous seasons matter in current seasons.

I'd like to see a 1min CD on it, or maybe a 45 second CD on ALL cyclones so you can't just sit there and spam it.
    Hell even a 30 second CD would be better at this point. The amount of damage they put out is insane already without instant Cyclones going out to your healer.
    A good druid will have somebody on the team CCd the entire match.
    2 - 3 cyclones on one target, then switch to a different target when DR takes in effect.

And aside from Banish which doesn't effect players at all, and Throwdown (which DOES have a CD and can't be spammed), cyclone is the only non dispellable CC.

Pretty much.

People seem to think only warriors,rogues and deathknights should be competitive but I say it's time for a change.

But knowing blizzard they will probably nerf feral into unplayability because people don't know how to control one (which is more sad considering it's the most CC susceptible melee in the game)

All I know so far is Beserk is being "Looked at" which means they're probably gonna take away the glyph and make it's uptime 10-15 seconds instead of the 24-25 seconds it is now,I'll admit that is a little TO much uptime.

Quote Originally Posted by Silaryn View Post
    Pretty much.

People seem to think only warriors,rogues and deathknights should be competitive but I say it's time for a change.

But knowing blizzard they will probably nerf feral into unplayability because people don't know how to control one (which is more sad considering it's the most CC susceptible melee in the game)
    Ret paladins say hi.

and holy is even worse right now. worst healing class in PvP to be atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyriaa View Post
    Ret paladins say hi.

Restodruids says hi

Ret paladins say hi.

1. Perhaps but ret paladins don't fall to Scare Beast and Hibernate like feral druids do.

2.Resto druid says Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Ret paladins say hi.

He/she said crowd control, not kite-worthy. Feral druid's are still easier to control than paladins, paladins are just easier to kite.
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by MasterNewbie View Post
    The buff that allows the instant cyclone can be dispelled (magic).
    Just destroyed your thread with this quote. The key to beating ferals is PLAYING BETTER.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Perhaps but ret paladins don't fall to Scare Beast and Hibernate like feral druids do.

2.Resto druid says Hi
    Amen brother.
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. ~ Albert Einstein

I say give me back my shift out of roots and insta roots, and I'm fine if the cyclone debuff is dispellable.
    When life gives you lemons, throw them back and say, "WTF life?"

I'd like to see a 1min CD on it, or maybe a 45 second CD on ALL cyclones so you can't just sit there and spam it.
    Hell even a 30 second CD would be better at this point. The amount of damage they put out is insane already without instant Cyclones going out to your healer.
    A good druid will have somebody on the team CCd the entire match.
    2 - 3 cyclones on one target, then switch to a different target when DR takes in effect.

And aside from Banish which doesn't effect players at all, and Throwdown (which DOES have a CD and can't be spammed), cyclone is the only non dispellable CC.
    Last I check rogue stuns are undispellable and are a form of CC. Trinkets work but then agian those work on cyclone too. You exagerate how fast preditory strikes can proc too. Cyclone has a 6s duration max. 1.5s for the GCD for the cyclone, 1.5 more for the shift back to cat, that leaves you 2 GCD's for attacks before cyclone has expired. Now the proc is only off of finishers and its % off the number of CP used. With 2 gcd's to spare best case senario is 1 attack that crits and 1 2pt finisher resulting in a 40% chance to get a free cast off. Druids will try for this but its rolling the dice twice. to garentee a proc it requires a minimum of 4gcd's (3cp builders with at least 2 crits and 1 finisher) and a max of 6 with no crits. Not only that but the druid needs energy for the attacks and a target in range. If a feral is fireing off an instant cyclone faster than 1 every 10s or so consistantly he's either the luckiest SOB on the planet or has berserk up, and if the later WTF are you doing not CCing him.

Frankly I'd like to see a cooldown on QQ as quite a few people only know how to spam that button for the win.

Who is John Galt?

Throwdown is a stun, so if you are including that add in kidney, bash, gnaw, etc
    As a pure non dispellable CC, blind, sap, MC (Purgable, not dispellable), intimidating shout, scatter, etc

But druids can shapeshift to avoid most of those, unless well chained from another CC
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateThunderz View Post
    ... I'm fine if the cyclone debuff is dispellable.
    It is

Deleted
    Waist of time

So your saying a feral druid is lots harder to play then any other dps class? How is it right that a druid who just spams mangle and doesnt even bother using shred can get to over 2k rating. Other melee classes have to time their cc because it has a 1-3min CD other melee have to use all their damaging attacks to kill a healer. Other melee dont have easiest burst button to use in the whole game and actually have to manage their rescourses and cds when they go for a burst.

And remind me how much harder it is to pop bearform and your resilence CD or frenzy regen then it is for a warrior who needs 2 macros and superb timing to use spellreflect. Stop the ego your spec is far easier to play then most other melee.

Quote Originally Posted by aegeahg View Post
    So your saying a feral druid is lots harder to play then any other dps class? How is it right that a druid who just spams mangle and doesnt even bother using shred can get to over 2k rating. Other melee classes have to time their cc because it has a 1-3min CD other melee have to use all their damaging attacks to kill a healer. Other melee dont have easiest burst button to use in the whole game and actually have to manage their rescourses and cds when they go for a burst.

And remind me how much harder it is to pop bearform and your resilence CD or frenzy regen then it is for a warrior who needs 2 macros and superb timing to use spellreflect. Stop the ego your spec is far easier to play then most other melee.
    1.Feral's who spam mangle are clearly terrible.

2.Feral's also have to blow CD's to kill a healer most DPS do.

3.Rogues,Warriors,Mages,Ferals and DK's have insane burst what game are you playing.

4.One class for example DK's don't really have to manage shit.

5.Tell me how hard it is for a warrior to switch out his 2hander for a sword and shield and pop every defensive CD?
    Last edited by Silaryn; 2011-08-11 at 07:09 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aegeahg View Post
    So your saying a feral druid is lots harder to play then any other dps class? How is it right that a druid who just spams mangle and doesnt even bother using shred can get to over 2k rating. Other melee classes have to time their cc because it has a 1-3min CD other melee have to use all their damaging attacks to kill a healer. Other melee dont have easiest burst button to use in the whole game and actually have to manage their rescourses and cds when they go for a burst. And remind me how much harder it is to pop bearform and your resilence CD or frenzy regen then it is for a warrior who needs 2 macros and superb timing to use spellreflect. Stop the ego your spec is far easier to play then most other melee.
    Ignorant little person, it takes a lot more to play a feral decently in pvp