High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Cool Ragnaros DC issue.

I'm currently encountering a disconnection issue on Ragnaros. What's happening is, after the lava see takes place, we all stack to aoe the adds down. Now this is where the problem happens, I can start FoKing the adds, but then the game lags, not fps lag, more along the lines of high latency lag. Then poof insta dc. It doesn't happen on every stack and aoe phase, but it's something that is becoming a nuisance to myself and guild. I run an i5 760 processor with a gtx 460 video card. I run particle density on ultra, with everything else on good to high. I run a solid 45+ fps on the fight, and like I said there is no fps lag at all. I turned off all addons and while it seemed to help a bit, the dc issue still happened. It should be noted, that my net is not booting me off, I still maintain connection to the internet! Any thoughts or helpful tips would be greatly appreciated! Should I update my net to super-duper pro service, should i set all my settings to god-awful this game looks like crap settings? Or is there something else I might be able to do?
    -Novarx

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is an odd issue no doubts about that. To start lets run that gambit of general support and hopefully one of them sticks and corrects the issue.
    1)Delete the WTF, Cache, Interface folders from the WoW game folder (This will delete your addons so be prepared. However if there is a corrupted data file it is within these folders, by deleting the folder we in turn reset them removing any corrupted data).
    2)Update the video graphics driver from nVidia
    3)Reset TCP/IP
    4)Reset WinSock
    5)Reset Hosts file
    6)Run a MalwareBytes' AntiMalware scan
    7)Leatrix's Latency Fix

---------- Post added 2011-08-11 at 03:35 PM ----------

If MalwareBytes' finds any infections please see the sticky thread at the top of the computer forum for removing keyloggers and malicious software.