Looking for mid range cooling

I have an i5 2500k, and any overclocking I do will be fairly modest. The case is quite roomy (HAF 922) and will probably end up with extra fans, so my cooling needs are far from extreme. I am just wondering if people could recommend a decent mid range cooling solution... water cooling and the noctua D14 need not apply!

10+ Year Old Account
    CoolerMaster Hyper 212+

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    CoolerMaster Hyper 212+
    +1 Great price and great performance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holm View Post
    I have an i5 2500k, and any overclocking I do will be fairly modest. The case is quite roomy (HAF 922) and will probably end up with extra fans, so my cooling needs are far from extreme. I am just wondering if people could recommend a decent mid range cooling solution... water cooling and the noctua D14 need not apply!
    the noctua d14 is pretty "mid range" compared to water cooling...

Corsair A70 and A50 both outperform the 212.. the A50 cost about the same as the 212+ (25$) and the A70 cost around 40$ (here in canada.)

Look A70 really worth the money (all test were done with stock fans unless stated otherwise)
    Last edited by DarkBlade6; 2011-08-11 at 09:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mnm View Post
    Corsair A70 and A50 both outperform the 212.. the A50 cost about the same as the 212+ (25$) and the A70 cost around 40$ (here in canada.)
    http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...tml#post491989

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foolmetwice View Post
    the noctua d14 is pretty "mid range" compared to water cooling...
    Joke?

The NH-D14 is "arguably" the best CPU cooler on the market. To call it "mid range" in any context is just absurd.

You dont say anything , no argument , nothing , just link to ppl debating on a50 and 212 + .. tbh I really dont care about those, I recommend the A70 and nothing else, low cost, come with 2fans, at low speed its almost as good as an NH-D14 for 1/3 of the price.
    Last edited by DarkBlade6; 2011-08-11 at 09:28 PM.

The D14 is definitely the upper end (of air cooling)...

...Unless the story about the Scythe Godhand is true, though it looks more like a troll attempt.
    Last edited by Holm; 2011-08-11 at 09:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mnm View Post

You dont say anything , no argument , nothing , just link to ppl debating on a50 and 212 + .. tbh I really dont care about those, I recommend the A70 and nothing else, low cost, come with 2fans, at low speed its almost as good as an NH-D14 for 1/3 of the price.
    A70 isn't exactly midrange. The graph you linked doesn't have the Hyper 212+ listed, therefor, it's nil in terms of relevancy. The link was to a particular post; the one stating the A50 was better stock, but the CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ was better with two fans, which I'm inclined to believe. Please, find something comparing a non-stock Hyper 212+ (Two solid fans) and an A70. (Inevitably, they'd be the same price due to the fact that fans would add to the cost, and the A70 is more expensive stock.)

I'm not making this a personal attack, I'm just asking you to back up your claim with relevant evidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    im using a corsair h60, and a intel i5 2500 no k, last night it was running at 100% load for awhile, and it was running at 3.5ghz, i havnt overclocked it or modified any values. but the hottest it got was 48*c @ 100% load. i am more than happy with the H60 and i recommend it to all my friends, however, iv also heard very very good things about the noctua NH-D14, its large and takes up some room, but apparently its better cooling than the H60 and the H70. a video for some comparisons i shall link in a sec. the video shows the NH-D14 vs the Corsair H70 vs custom built water cooling system.

edit :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okgWN...el_video_title
    Last edited by shoebox; 2011-08-12 at 06:21 AM. Reason: adding video link

Yes a h60 is enough for non K sandy bridge the start to see the real diff in coolers the more Volts your pushing.

If your push a NH-d14 to the point where it starts to run at lets say 80C something you are the point where you see 5-10C diff between coolers.

That graph only shows 3,5ghz and low voltage OC which is not that much. The big heat sink just isnt pushed enough.

OT: Get a hyper 212+ get a second fan for like 5$ and that thing is a beast for its prce
    The black blood of Yogg'saron causes through me! I AM UNSTOPPALBLE!

10+ Year Old Account
    if you watch the video i linked, his running a NH-d14, H70 on a i7 2600k overclocked i think to 4.7ghz. so i rekon thats a good comparison video.