Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Transmogrifier and Void Storage

Accepting any Hypothesis on what these NPCs actually do. I'll go first:

Transmogrifiers changes your gear to have the appearance of any other gear you also own, as long as it is the same type. For Example you can Change your [Kingdom's Heart] to have the model of [Zulian Ward]. Lord of The Rings Online already has a feature like this.

Void Storage, where you can pay money (or Shards or marks or whatever) to turn a soulbound item, into an account-bound item.

Any other guesses on what these features could do?

Deleted
    who cares just wait for the patch and we all know great idea isnt it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalowings View Post
    I love you.

This, sir, is how you win internets. Sadly, you're never gonna teach this lesson to people. They're all too hungry for information. Some people are gonna spend their time hypothesizing, some people are gonna spend their time slaying dragons, some people are gonna spend their time getting laid, and in the end we're all gonna know for sure at the same gosh darn time. It's a great thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Asur View Post
    I love you.
    ^ Me too. Fan club time?
    Hakuna matata.

To hell with community and discussing our hobby.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post

Transmogrifiers changes your gear to have the appearance of any other gear you also own, as long as it is the same type. For Example you can Change your [Kingdom's Heart] to have the model of [Zulian Ward]. Lord of The Rings Online already has a feature like this.

Void Storage, where you can pay money (or Shards or marks or whatever) to turn a soulbound item, into an account-bound item.

EVERYONE has the appearance tab already except us.

As for void storage, I think it just is a basic account-wide bank.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Very interesting idea about turning soul-bound items into account bound items. I don't think Blizz would do this, however, if they did, there would have to be some severe limits on it. Like Legendaries, for example. That being said, if they did do this I would jump for joy!

I'll only agree with the OP's idea on the transmogrifier for a few reasons.

1. Blizzard know players have wanted customization of armor for a LONG time.

2. Knowing this and then releasing a teaser screenshot, which is OOC of blizz, of an NPC with a name that immediately makes you conclude something akin to armor customization could only mean it will be customization of armor at least cloaks/Tabards.

It's counter productive and damaging to the community to put a somewhat direct teaser making us believe it's armor customization and have it end up not being just that. I don't think blizzard is that dumb.
    Last edited by Heywoods; 2011-08-11 at 10:30 PM. Reason: iPhone sucks at formatting

10+ Year Old Account
    Turning items into account-wide items isn't such a bad idea. Raid for awhile, get all the gear and a friend comes a long on a different server. Make an alt of the same class on that server and when you reach 85 just trade the items over to that character. Seems fun but it has its flaws.
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. ~ Albert Einstein

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how many weeks of dailies and grinding we will need to do to unlock these... <note the heavy sarcasm>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azragarn View Post
    I wonder how many weeks of dailies and grinding we will need to do to unlock these... <note the heavy sarcasm>
    Noted.
    And I think the Transmogrifier is gonna be a gold sink. Like 100G per item.
    And as for the void storage, perhaps there's 5 slots and a 2500G limit on normal, 20 slots and no gold limit on premium.

Still, please don't make premium unless you make WoW free.

That's probably more or less accurate. I could see them adding some sort of ilevel restriction so you can't make tier-11 look like starting gear, but that's just a guess on my part.
    Disagree here. Personally I think it'll be a sort of mini-bank that only holds gear. Something used to conveniently store items you want to constantly use the appearance of without the need for a trip to the bank or the use of bank space.

I know a lot of people are saying cross-character/server storage, but I think they'd just integrate such a feature into the actual bank instead of shoving it into a completely unrelated building.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

my theory:

vault keeper (yet another way to acess your bank from this new place) i do think maybe it will be a new shared bank also (paid for with rl money maybe?). a bank you can put things and use them on another character. should probably be restricted to boe/boa. however all the items stored here will be acessible on EVERY wow Realm with your account. (i can wish)

Transmorgrifier : while i hope this is some kind of way of reskining gear i dont' think it will be. i kind of hope it's a way of changing stuff over from one thing to another. let me explain. Say i decided to re-roll rogue from my warrior since my guild had allmost no rogues. i pay for a class change (again another $$ transaction for blizz) and then put all my soulbound armor in it to get the leather equivalent itemlevel gear/tier.

arcane reforger : weapon version of the transmorgrifier.

purely theoretical idea tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    my theory:

vault keeper (yet another way to acess your bank from this new place) i do think maybe it will be a new shared bank also (paid for with rl money maybe?). a bank you can put things and use them on another character. should probably be restricted to boe/boa. however all the items stored here will be acessible on EVERY wow Realm with your account. (i can wish)

Transmorgrifier : while i hope this is some kind of way of reskining gear i dont' think it will be. i kind of hope it's a way of changing stuff over from one thing to another. let me explain. Say i decided to re-roll rogue from my warrior since my guild had allmost no rogues. i pay for a class change (again another $$ transaction for blizz) and then put all my soulbound armor in it to get the leather equivalent itemlevel gear/tier.

purely theoretical idea tho.
    Arcane Reforger is for reforging, which is already in game.

I'm hoping Void Storage is an account-wide bank of some sorts. But for real account wide, like something I could put my heirlooms in and then grab them from another server

Quote Originally Posted by Heywoods View Post
    It's counter productive and damaging to the community to put a somewhat direct teaser making us believe it's armor customization and have it end up not being just that. I don't think blizzard is that dumb.
    Not sure where anyone affiliated with blizzard said it MAY even be that... That's all just conjecture on your part.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    .. An Arcane Reforger is the name of the NPCs that do stat Reforging on gear, the same ones you get near the Enchanting Trainders. We've had them since Cataclysm.

The presence of an Arcane Reforger seems to me to indicate that the Transmogrifier will be more related to gear you're currently using. The addition of an NPC that clearly offers some kind of storage would indicate a special place to store gear that you may use in changing the appearence of your items.

Speculate all you want but logic dictates that this will be an item appearence changer.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they make us pay for this stuff, which I doubt but you never know... then they are even more retarded than I think now...
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

10+ Year Old Account
    Transmogrifier: Something to do with character customization. If I didn't know better, I would say that it changes the look of the armor. However, Blizzard expressed concerns about changing or hiding the models of our gear. I really don't have any further ideas about this new NPC.

Void Storage: the first thought that came to mind was some kind account wide bank (meaning all your characters on the same realm and faction have access to it). However, such a system will make the bank useless, since everyone will be using VS other the bank because of the convenience. Also, wouldn't an NPC that has that function be a better fit in the bank rather than standing by the reforging NPCs? In addition, why not just add the function to the existing bank system?

Overall. I have no flipping idea. I can only guess but I'm really excited to see what Blizzard has for us.
    Last edited by I stand in fire; 2011-08-11 at 11:24 PM.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

They did say they were coming up with more storage solutions without giving us larger bags so I believe this is it, personally I liked the ideas we discussed back then of paid for storage, you simply purchse storage space for a week or a month with in game gold, I like the idea that it could be a shared bank too that is accessed by all chars on your account.