Thread: Shaman Pvp?!

10+ Year Old Account

Shaman Pvp?!

Is just really fun, and I hear alot of people complaining on how its not the same as it used to be, but things change I have been playing Wow since the old windfury and It was good, but this one we have today isn't bad either.Right? Or am I just doing 'good'?
    And what are the views on elemental pvp good or bad?Easy or Hard, Cause I have to say enhancement pvp is really nice in cata (alittle harder in arena) but is elemental easy to pick up and play? To learn?

As far as I know anything but resto isn't wanted in PvP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silaryn View Post
    As far as I know anything but resto isn't wanted in PvP
    Well that's because the massive need for healers in pvp =0

Quote Originally Posted by Duito View Post
    Well that's because the massive need for healers in pvp =0
    Or more or less resto shamans are up there with disc priests on the "LOL I NEVER DIE" spectrum

Or more or less resto shamans are up there with disc priests on the "LOL I NEVER DIE" spectrum
    ...really?

Right now resto is the best spec for shaman. Enh is good, but is not built for high end arena viabilty. Ele is better than it was pre-patch, but still isn't that good imo.

And Paladins...
    So really it's just Resto Druids they need to bring upto Par, not necessarily nerf the other 3 :P

All specs are fun, competative - mainly resto + elemental. Enhancement isn't arena-fit.

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //

Deleted
    Enha shammy is a joke...you need to play to perfection to reach higher ratings...don't know about elemental but when I fight against them they usually drop pretty fast. IMO resto is the only way to go if you want to reach a higher rating. Is just that enha and elem seem to die very fast. I like enha a lot but I think I'll try and get resto gear since I'm tired of being killed by just about anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ArekuD View Post
    don't know about elemental but when I fight against them they usually drop pretty fast.
    Elemental shamans - if played right - can get good rating in 5s and RBGs because they are good in team games of many people. Also in 5s thunderstorm is really powerful. However in 3s if you are really good you can only expect to get around the 2400 levels. Mainly because you will get trained and destroyed =P

Quote Originally Posted by Vyil View Post
    people crying over paladins gtfo, its a defensive healing class they are suposted to be how they are, Look at priests shamans, they can survive as good as a paladin, and be offensive at the same time
    Not true for survival in Arena's and BG's the biggest annoyances are Paladins and Priests I can take down any other healing class with my enhancement spec as for us being a joke that not really true. Most people still don't understand that Shamans all specs work best when there are others around them, they are sadly the support class in any spec.

Enhancement's problems simply stem from the fact that an Enhance shaman can be replaced by another melee in almost any comp and said melee would perform better. They simply have a more difficult time setting up burst situations and swaps, and the peels are a bit shaky. Granted the dmg has been buffed rather well, and you can put out a good deal of single target pressure, as well as having a great ammount of anti-caster utility, but there's little to distinguish a shaman where you say "Hey, I'd rather have an enhance in this comp than a different melee".

People keep crying about disc, holy pal, and resto shams but in fact if you have any sort of talent these classes can be shut down easily. I do rated BG's and sit around high 1900 low 2000 range so I'm nothing great but one thing I notice when we play top notch teams is their coordination.

Generally you'll see a rBG comp of 3-4 healers, where two of those healers will be on lock down and another will be a nuke target. And by lock down I mean perfectly timed cc and silences. Sheep, fear, counter-spell, pummel's, improved kicks, cyclone, roots under a solar beam there's nothing more frustrating that not being able to do anything.

If your in some crap arena team that lacks communication or a random BG where 6 years later people have yet to figure out to target healers, yea we're hard to kill. But if your playing with some mates that know what their doing and when to do it, we go down pretty quick.

mages need to be deleted for pvp to become balanced, people say that they suck past 2k rating, thats because noobs can faceroll to 2k with literally 3 buttons, when your up high and you encounter an actual good mage, your fucked. all of shaman totems, windshears, wolfs, cant compete with endless CC on a good mage
    It's not the great who are strong...
    It's the strong who are great...

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Vamp View Post
    mages need to be deleted for pvp to become balanced, people say that they suck past 2k rating, thats because noobs can faceroll to 2k with literally 3 buttons, when your up high and you encounter an actual good mage, your fucked. all of shaman totems, windshears, wolfs, cant compete with endless CC on a good mage
    Most balance problems with arena deal with interactions between classes as opposed to the class by itself. Mages running a comp with heavy peels allowing them to free cast and chain cc's that line up with their partners, or when a mage plays with dispel protection are where difficulties come into play. Nobody is going to say that there aren't glaring imbalances with certain class combinations (Lock/Resto Sham). But Arenas are a team game, and the purpose of them is to work together to try and overcome challenges which the other team prepares for you. Rarely does anyone ever play perfectly. Looking at a matchup on paper and saying "We can't do anything because x can do y while z does k to n" doesn't help your team. How is it better to say "I couldn't have done anything in that match" help your team succeed? Forums regarding pvp should focus on what can potentially be done to overcome inbalance rather than simply assuming you played perfectly and can't have done anything differently.

Specifically when facing mage teams, positioning is incredibly important. If you over-extend and force your healer into a bad position yes, a good mage will capitalize. I grant that certain comps and classes punish you more severely for making mistakes, but that doesn't mean we should resign ourselves to simply giving up. I personally think that positioning when playing as or against a mage decides the outcome of a match. Your goal should be to put yourselves in a position where the mage has to put themselves in poor position to land cc or damage.

As for shamans in general, I'll use Novoz as an example. He is a fantastic player, but more than anything I admire that rather than simply saying "ele is bad I can't do anything against x comp" he thought, what can I potentially do against x comp so we could possibly win this game?

its just the game in general they let it all fall into wack, been testing with new games coming up, and even older games out there, and the pvp system is far superior in terms of balance, its been the same with blizz since the Start of WoW, every xpac brings one class that is a cut above all the others. I personally am leaving WoW as soon as SWtOR comes out, completely because of a love for starwars. but from what indicators have been leaked you can have 6 dps on you and still survive a good 15 seconds there. none of this 1-3 GD with certain classes/combos. purely opinionated. I used to Love WoW pvp, and pve, but for the longest time now its been one long grindfest, and pvp becomes more a headache than fun. It was a good run with WoW, but time takes us all.
    It's not the great who are strong...
    It's the strong who are great...

Deleted
    Enha isnt that good ? LOL enha is rly good atm but it wont "fit" with many setups.One of the best for enha is Hpala/Warr....Mainly With Hpala or Rdruid and dps are Warrior Hunter and mage.and i can tell enha is one of the funniest/coolest/"best" character to play..and i have MANY classes.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Enhance is really good at the moment. Put it in the hands of a good player and its easily high rated.
    Elemental can crit on someone with 4k+ res with an instant fire spell for 30k+, how is that not well off. Plus Resto druid, Elemental Shaman, Affliction lock. One of the best 3s comps out there right now
    Resto shamans are completely overpowered and need to be brought down a notch to disc priest/holy pally standards. Too many tools to save them with instant heals and castable heals that heal for entirely too much in pvp. a good resto takes more than 2 dps to kill.

Enhance is mediocre in PvP atm. However, since you can no longer bloodlust in arena, it's far less valuable in arena than before where it fit in with niche cleave teams.

Elemental was crap at the start of Wrath, but it's in a far better state now. It's not OP, but it's not weak either.

Resto is probably THE dominant healer in PvP right now.

As far as the fun factor, it's definitely very fun. Personally, I've been playing my shaman as ele a lot lately. Thunderstorm is godly in BGs and they can do some good burst once again (even if it doesn't global people like it did at the end of Wrath).