Thread: Xav UI Issue.

10+ Year Old Account

Xav UI Issue.

I just installed Xav UI for a fresh interface to play with. Before downloading it I was running default UI and had 0 performance issues. After installing and tweaking Xav UI to my liking, and setting up binds and such I thought I would just go and hit the dummies and get used to the look of things. When I get into combat my frame-rate just plummets from 60fps to 5 or less and then bobbles around 15 or lower. This UI is not what I would call graphically intense by any stretch of the mind but my frame-rate still drops significantly. Has anyone else had similar experiences with this setup at all or know of any fix?

The addon pack is only using about 10mb of memory right now. I also lowered some of my video settings in hope to alleviate the problem but to no avail. Running a Radeon 5750 with a AMD Phenom II x2 555 at 3.2 GHz. Resolution is at a native 1440x900 and Vsync is on. Before this UI pack my game would run 60 fps no problem with 90% of the graphical settings on Ultra through most situations in-game.

(I went and disabled some of the addons I didnt really want to use and it still remains the same issue)

Here is a link to the UI if you want to see what it contains that may lead to the issue. Was thinking about switching dominos for bartender.
    http://premoguild.com/forums/showthr...p?t=64&page=30

I haven't used the UI, but you should try disabling every addon but a single one and give it a shot. See if you can pinpoint exaclty the addon that is causing the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems the problem is taken care of, I may have trimmed some more addons I did not feel were necessary and one I kept disabled this time around was the root of the problem it seems. Thanks for the tip, I should have thought of that on my own >.>

Haha, it's all good. Download a pack UI and your brain treats it all as a whole. :P Glad you isolated the baddie

While I could not find a link to the UI, the dates of the posts would indicate it was perhaps put together pre-4.2 and therefore the addons in it would not have been updated for the combat log changes.
    That would be a likely candidate for in-combat performance issues, with damage meters/combat text etc being particularly problematic if not updated.