Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ideally, if you were going to select Razer's best keyboard and mouse to represent them for general gaming, I'd choose the Razer Blackwidow and Razer DeathAdder/Mamba. If you were going to choose the best for MMO's, I'd choose the Arctosa and the Naga. That's a lot of macro functionality. All other products should actually probably be disregarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had the same razer naga and Nostromo for 3 years. worth every penny

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Steelseries really isn't either. And Filco's mechanical keyboards are a bit pricey.
    Filco are a bit pricey but they arent pieces of crap like razer

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've had several Razer products and I would never think about back to anything else. I love the quality.
    Last edited by Dakia; 2011-08-12 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TubeElephant View Post
    I'm just wondering if it's worth spending over 130$ on a keyboard or mouse from Razor. Are they really that good?
    I can really only justify the $130 on the backlit version of the BlackWidow keyboard, since that's their best keyboard since the old Tarantula. Being a mechanical keyboard, it will be different than your typical keyboard feel since the keys themselves are spring-loaded and click more than tap, but I feel Mechanical keyboards are better due to their tactile feedback when you press down a key. The standard BlackWidow is $80 at most retailers. The only change is the backlight isn't included and there isn't a spare set of audio, microphone, and 1 USB jack on the side.

Their mice, wired at least, are worth the money but aren't $130 typically. If you're paying $130 for a wired mouse, you're getting ripped off. The only mouse I know that comes close to that price is the Naga Epic Edition, and that one is wireless with customizable grips for the right side of the mouse and can have a cord attached to it for charging or connect to a dock. All the other mice they offer range from about $50 to $80 for a good wired mouse. I find their products worth it since they're made relatively well, they work as advertised, and are more comfy than most mice.

I love my Death Adder. Most comfortable mouse I've ever used and the response time is great.

You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glasse View Post
    Filco are a bit pricey but they arent pieces of crap like razer
    What's the basis of your argument? My keyboard previous to my Blackwidow was a Majestouch. Before that, a Das Professional series. My Das got worn out, which is to be expected. The Majestouch was fucking expensive, and wasn't AMAZING. It was a mechanical keyboard. The BlackWidow isn't AMAZING either, but it's a hell of a lot cheaper than both of those.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can afford it, then yes. I love my naga haven't had any problems with it and I am probably going to buy a headset from them soon.

If you're looking for a Gaming mouse, Buy Razor. The Deathadder is great and very long lasting.

If you're looking for a Headset, Buy Steelseries.

If you're looking for a Keyboard it's really a toss up on preference between the two, But to be honest I really just don't like the feel of most Razor keyboards, I'd highly recommend Steelseries for that too if you're looking into spending that kind of money for gear.

I use a Black Widow Ultimate, Razer Naga, Razer megalodon and even have a razer 360 controller

Definitely the best brand for perphirals most logitech products have shitted out on me. Razer products always seems just that little bit more intuitive and all there products have really long cables which is good for people who like to spread out there set up my old logitech mouse I used to keep pulling out cos the cord wasnt long enough for my set up

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as you don't get a keyboard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valthrim View Post
    How hard is it for people to remember it's RazEr not RazOr...
    On a scale of 1-10? 10 i guess.

---------- Post added 2011-08-12 at 06:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Orrly View Post
    If you're looking for a Gaming mouse, Buy Razor. The Deathadder is great and very long lasting.

If you're looking for a Headset, Buy Steelseries.

If you're looking for a Keyboard it's really a toss up on preference between the two, But to be honest I really just don't like the feel of most Razor keyboards, I'd highly recommend Steelseries for that too if you're looking into spending that kind of money for gear.
    Mouse: yes
    Headset: No, get a Speedlink at least
    Keyboard: Yes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rec View Post
    As long as you don't get a keyboard.
    -_-' Personal experience or GTFO. x3

Quote Originally Posted by TubeElephant View Post
    The thing about the Naga is that I don't really need alot of buttons on my mouse. I work with loads of keybound macros and I'm very used to that. On my mouse I just need 3-4 buttons and that's about it. It just has to be really comfortable for long periods of time. Same goes for the keyboard, it doesn't need to have all those extra keys and it doesn't need backlighting. But it does need to respond really fast, and be able to survive hours of intense usage.
    For your use it sounds like a real mouse like Logitech G500 or Microsoft Sidewinder would be much better choice than Razer toys. I'm calling Razer mice toys because those are too damn small for adults. I own Naga and am currrently contemplating if I should move back to Sidewinder instead since I dont really need all the extra buttons.

For keyboard you could go for a cheaper gaming thingy like Logitech G110 that has plenty of nice extras (USB port on keyboard) and few macroable buttons, or you could just stick with $5 keyboard which is cheap to replace if you break it. I'm using Logitech G13 at the moment, it would work perfectly with some typing-optimized ergonomical keyboard instead of any special gaming toys, but I did pick G110 instead of MS Ergonomic keyboard because of the USB extension and built-in soundcard features.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    mx518, g5 g500. need i say more.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel I should mention that I'm 16 and subsequently have small hands, so my opinion is subject to personal experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    For your use it sounds like a real mouse like Logitech G500 or Microsoft Sidewinder would be much better choice than Razer toys. I'm calling Razer mice toys because those are too damn small for adults. I own Naga and am currrently contemplating if I should move back to Sidewinder instead since I dont really need all the extra buttons.

For keyboard you could go for a cheaper gaming thingy like Logitech G110 that has plenty of nice extras (USB port on keyboard) and few macroable buttons, or you could just stick with $5 keyboard which is cheap to replace if you break it. I'm using Logitech G13 at the moment, it would work perfectly with some typing-optimized ergonomical keyboard instead of any special gaming toys, but I did pick G110 instead of MS Ergonomic keyboard because of the USB extension and built-in soundcard features.
    Two of the greatest mice on the market atm, razer naga is like riding with training wheels on your bike. this is purely subjective ofcourse.

I bought the razer naga about 3 weeks ago, takes alittle getting used to the new keybindings, but it's an amazing mouse. A keyboard wouldn't change much, i got the Steel Series, Stealth Merc, with the added game pad on the far left. I don't like it, i just use the normal keyboard functions on it. So i wouldn't see going all out on an expensive keyboard being much of an upgrade, over 12+ bottons added to your mouse.

Had a naga, good mouse for 1½month then it broke without reason, a assembly problem it seems (loose cable to sensor) because it happened for alot of people who bought it around the same time. But most work as far as i know. Have friends who bought it a ½year before me and after who never had any problems.

Anyway i got my broken naga exchanged for a logitch g700 and its amazing. had it for almost a year now and its great in every way, yes a bit more expensive than the naga and if you use all 12 extra buttons then the g700 might not be your choice but i only used like 6 extra and for that the g700 is better the buttons are much much easier to identify and i never press the wrong one on naga it was harder (especially if you dont have small hands).

But the naga is worth it, certainly, but for me g700 is better, the best mouse i have ever had. And i used up alot over the last 29years. ofc ms explorer 3.0 will always hold a special place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love my Naga, and the mouse pad they make for it. The mouse pad is pricey, but is a great surface for the Naga.