Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazzer View Post
    RTS games are a dying breed? As in Real Time Strategy? I think a few million Starcraft fans would like to have a word with you
    Think he meant RTSRPG....like the Vats system which has a rts feel to it. It reminds me alot of Tactics games, like Advanced Wars or FF tactics.....although I hate tactics games with a passion they are too slow and boring for me. VATS system was a little different though, and it worked well, esp for 2D. For 3D it was just for the kill shots and didn't have as much to do with movement.

I don't think they can do a traditional upgrade without slowing down combat too much. I can't really think of any better way then the current 3d vats system tho, other then maybe special animations and rewards for shooting other parts of the body that may disable the enemy like arms or legs or sensors when a head shot isn't really possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeshka View Post
    bioware, blizzard, ubisoft, valve and id software generally make very well made games, with minimal bugs; a ton of polish and production values and definitely always fix issues with their games soon after release.
    Bioware and minimal bugs in 1 sentence?

I'm still trying to fix the bug in KOTOR where every time I exit combat, my char is unable to move.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't even play KOTOR. It's a bitch to run on Vista. Either i get the bug where it thinks I have an emulator like daemon tools running, or it doesn't recognize my graphics card when I put it into windows xp v.2 compatability mode. Annoying as hell I pretty much gave up on it even though I really want to play it to try out a new rpg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    I can't even play KOTOR. It's a bitch to run on Vista. Either i get the bug where it thinks I have an emulator like daemon tools running, or it doesn't recognize my graphics card when I put it into windows xp v.2 compatability mode. Annoying as hell I pretty much gave up on it even though I really want to play it to try out a new rpg.
    Took me a while to get it to run as well, but that's more of a vista/win 7 issue.
    No idea how I got it to work eventually
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    Its sad that you didnt enjoy these games, I remember playing Oblivion for hours and even morrowind before that - the sand box nature, the scale and the free roam nature is what appeals to me,

So much effort for something so subjective...

I have played all the games you mention (although I didn't play IWD 2 or Metro 2033 very much) and I'd love to pick yopur brain face to face and discuss the matter. I would enjoy that very much. But not here on mmo-champion.

I hope you got somehting out of your post
    Any post or reply from me is based on the knowledge and thought patterns relative to my mind. They are, in all fairness, subjective.
    I don't deal in absolutes as I believe in learning and adapting. My every action is a result of calculation and choice.

I disliked Oblivion, even though many found it an amazing game. To me it was bland, mostly due to the crappy AI, and boring combat and loot systems . It had great graphics and sidequests, and countless things to do, but still... it wasn't working for me. On the other hand, I enjoyed KOTOR 2 very much, and many found that to be a boring game. Different strokes, I guess...

Still waters run deep.

Deleted
    Neeshka, Thank you! I register to say thanks. Very professional review. I want to see your Skyrim review. I had hopes, but NO. Its the same BORING almost all. Very poor combat system, the same engine ( yes for me it is modified gamebryo ), skill system, console interface (terribly) etc. and all reviews is 9+++and 10/10 lol maybe I am crazy but this is not real. How much € $