Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It's assumed that they are, because it's bugged to be far stronger than it's meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by IdTheDemon View Post
    I actually remember writing a post on the Wow Warlock forums about that. That's how Demon Soul should work because it's silly, especially as demo, to hard cast a Fel guard for just for Demon soul and soul burn a Fel hunter asap.

Demon Soul by default: 10% casting haste (Assuming you level to 85 and not choose a talent tree

Demon Soul via Affliction: 10% casting haste and 20% shadow periodic damage for 20 seconds.

Demon Soul via Demonology: 10% casting haste and 15% damage increase for 20 seconds.

Demon Soul via Destruction: 10% casting speed and 25% crit strike increase for 20 seconds.

As for the void walker misdirect, give us a baseline demon only misdirect with a 1 min cooldown.

^_^

As for other buffs for demo, I think it needs:

1) Impending Doom needs to be more consistent. Have HoG always reduce Meta by 10 seconds.

2) Decimation needs a rework. Soulfire barely hits harder than Shadowbolt and is not in the Impending Doom talent

3) Demonic Empowerment needs to actually empower the pet. Rememer that 20% attack speed the Fel Guard used to get?

4) If the Demon Soul spell is to remain the same, how about having the Inferno talent buff the Fel Guard. It would be like "Your Fel Guard's Axe is covered in flames, causing Legion Strike to cause Fire damage, increasing the damage of the attack by __%.

5) Glyph of Legion Strike: Legion Strike no longer hits surrounding opponents but it's damage is increased by __%.

Essentially when you combine the last 2, the Fel Guard should be on par with the Fel Hunter.
    or give the felguard Howling blast treatment, the current target will take like 300% weapon damage and all the mobs nearby 100% or so.
    or fury warrior treatment, buff his auto attack damage CONSIDERABLY.
    either of those would work and could probably bring it back in line with FH.

in regards to decimation, they could alter it a bit to something like:
    When you hit your target with Shadowbolt or Incinerate at or below 30% hp, you will receive decimation which increases the damage of Soulfire by 10% and reduces cast time by 33% stacks up to 3 times.

with that Meta cooldown can be refreshed during burn phase(still rng however), and Soulfire doesn't hit like a wet noodle.
    Last edited by Mavett; 2011-08-14 at 07:29 AM.

I'm fine with the activating of Meta and being on a CD. What I think they should do is if they make Meta permanent, give the warlock the ability to be the 5th tank class. Just put in a talent next to Meta at the bottom of the tree changing meta into a constant while giving tanking stats. Have it change demo mastery to + chance to dodge and parry.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampfox2223 View Post
    give the warlock the ability to be the 5th tank class.
    The thread is about fixing demo in this hypothetical scenario, not breaking the warlock class

Fixing the demo tree has nothing to do with making another tanking class, especially out of a class that wears cloth and goes for intellect gear.

Clearly, most people agree that Decimation and the Felguard need to have some changes to make them useful again. I personally don't mind that impending doom procs are random, as it keeps me on my toes and makes it more fun to play i.m.o.

Another terrible part of the tree is the Master Summoner / Demonic Rebirth thing they've got going on. I understand that pvp talents are pvp talents, but they are too similar and we already have the ability to insta-summon pets. Could they not just combine these 2 talents into one and free up room for another talent so there is some "choice" within the tree?

I wouldn't mind demonic empowerment going back to being useful in pve instead of the pvp talent it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    I can see a way to exploit it.
    Step 1. Soulstone yourself,
    Step 2 pop Doomguard, then die and self ress loosing the debuff,
    Step 3. pop second Doomguard after 5 mins
    Step 4. profit? or rather top DPS?
    Which happens with Sated already. This isn't going to be any different, in fact, it is worse. At least with Sated I can Bloodlust, die, resurrect, and instantly get another Bloodlust as my guild runs at least a shaman and a mage. This would be stupid to do in a progression fight though, as a battle rezzes are rather vital to the first kill the majority of the time. Now, on farm, especially when people are going for parses, is it really that uncommon to cheese the meters? Look at Shannox. All top parses are people who target the adds. I did it, I got a top parse, does that mean I exploited the game?

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    The thread is about fixing demo in this hypothetical scenario, not breaking the warlock class
    It is a hypothetical fix in an extreme way. By fixing the spec, he is suggesting changing the role. While, it would be silly to completely change a talent tree that has been around since the start of the game, and it would probably be broken (whether too strong or too sucky), at least I would enjoy demo.

Also, it wouldn't break the class, just the spec.
    Last edited by Qtica; 2011-08-14 at 09:42 AM.

Well I guess you are right, it might be exploited if it's made like heroism considering it's a 700-1.1 million damage depending on timing with buffs in a single global cooldown. In that case, they better bring it to affliction level and buff the rest of your spells.

Buffing pet tremendously to make up for the DPS lost of a possible and very likely Doomguard nerf will break PvP.

I'd love if they just scratch the idea of it and remove it completely and buff our other abilities.
    Now these points of data make a beautiful line.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    these are things that i would think would make the most sense with the nerf that is soon to come.

1. demonic empowerment now increases felgaurds attack speed by 20% for 20 seconds
    2. decimation now increases soulfire damage by 15% along with its current effect
    3.molten core once again increases damage and casting speed of soul fire by 18%
    4.impending doom no reduces the cooldown of metamorphasis to 2 minutes and reduces the cooldown of the doomgaurd and infernal by 5 minutes
    5.since meta now has a fixed cooldown its duration has been reduced by 10 seconds(unglyphed)
    6. the felgard is meant to be demonologys top pet its base damage on all attacks has been increased by 20%

that would not be ground breaking if the doom gets its scaling where they want it to be it should still be a nerf but wont be as large if there is no compensation at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    I wouldn't mind demonic empowerment going back to being useful in pve instead of the pvp talent it is now.
    Not that we actually noticed that 1 minute CD spell that we macro'd under shadowbolt.
    Yet now it's a bit meh idd.

edit: i also recall it using a GCD at one point.. at which it was gear dependent wether it was even worth the GCD

It`s very easy to fix the Felguard. Just make Legion strike hit like shadow bite and divide the dmg along the targets it hits. So if there is one target legion strike hits for like 30k and on two targets 15k each, three targets 10k each ... and so on.
    And about decimation, yes, demo execute needs a rework or a buff, soulfire hits like wet noodle.

15+ Year Old Account
    Decimation is actually fine, it's just that like zugzug says soulfire is worthless. Soulfire actually hits for less than shadowbolt (at some gear points i believe).

The molten core talents also feels a bit lackluster, the proc chance could be a bit higher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swampfox2223 View Post
    I'm fine with the activating of Meta and being on a CD. What I think they should do is if they make Meta permanent, give the warlock the ability to be the 5th tank class. Just put in a talent next to Meta at the bottom of the tree changing meta into a constant while giving tanking stats. Have it change demo mastery to + chance to dodge and parry.
    You know how many talents they would have to change to do this? You can't just put a talent right beside Meta that say "click here if you want to tank". Like people said, demo needs to be fixed. Not broken even more.

Decimation is actually fine, it's just that like zugzug says soulfire is worthless. Soulfire actually hits for less than shadowbolt (at some gear points i believe).
    All decimation has going for it right now is that the cast time is just fast enough to make it worth more than shadowbolt. Even then it's still as low as the filler spell when it comes to the priority list. I think if they want to keep decimation they need to make it more worthwhile to cast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ensipid View Post
    That's cute but you could also make it a 5 min cd like heroism. While it may seem like a huge buff to your dps to do that, i'd also call into question being rezed with no buffs resummoning a pet rebuffing yourself as actually being worth the time.
    Plus the fact that you will loose a BR in a fight, which is.. nasty.

Whatever they do it will never make up for the massive DPS loss that is to come when/if they fix the DG, they never compensate with lots of changes if anything it will be tiny tweaks or they could what they did with Destro and the Imp nerf it and give nothing in return...

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont really think demo is too broken right now i mean i would kinda like to use the felguard but im not too upset cause i have to use the puppy the main thing that erks me is the 10m CD on DG its crazy and its literally 40%+ of my dmg can i please use it once per attempt? PLEASE?!?!?!?! with the DG my dps is like 25k without it its like 17k

i dont think demo really needs to be changed too too much just tweeked alittle like DG on shorter CD maybe impending doom could use a rework alittle decimation could prob use a buff and honestly im kinda ok with useing the felpuppy but i guess thats just me