Thread: Soul Swap Macro

Soul Swap Macro

Is there anyway to make Soul Swapping into a single macro without using a modifier button

What I want to do is soul swap my target and then 'exhale' it onto a prioritised list from
    Mouse over, focus or my target (this is in case I change manually)

I currently have two macros

Soul Swap 1
    #showtooltip soul swap
    /cast Soul Swap

Soul Swap 2
    #showtooltip soul swap
    /cast [@mouseover,exists,harm,nodead]Soul Swap;[@focus,exists,harm,nodead]Soul Swap; Soul Swap

Some may ask why the first is necessary, but it seems there is/was a bug when having the Soul Swap spell on the spell bar(s) with using macros for the same.

I have a merc keyboard, so was considering programming that to do it (having not programmed the keys before)... I had a little read around, I believe this maybe illegal, as if it is not possible to do the above in one button then against the rules to make the keyboard do it for me...
    Yesterday is history, today is a gift, tomorrow is mystery.

I've been playing around with it for a few minutes and I found this to be pretty bug free as long as you understand how conditions in macros work.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead][@focus,harm,nodead][]Soul Swap

If you DO have a focus that you are planning to exhale to, then you need to mouseover your current target for it to choose it as a higher priority for the swap, the exhale can then be a new mouseover or your focus.

If you DON'T have a focus, then you need to make sure you are not mousing over anything, so that it chooses your current target for the swap, then you can do a new mouseover for the Exhale.

These tests were done with 1 macro in Bartender, without the regular Soul Swap spell on bars.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Thanks, Ill give it a go
    Yesterday is history, today is a gift, tomorrow is mystery.