Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Unlimited Detail: Interview | Update

This time in a full interview, 40 min., Euclideon Unlimited Detail designer gives some details and backstory.

The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

10+ Year Old Account

Pretty amazing; the generation in which we live and what we're about to witness

I grew up in the NES time era, when the SNES came out, games like Zelda and Mario set the bar for generations. When I first purchased the N64 (well my mother) I was astounded by the graphics in games like 007 Golden Eye. Anyways i'll stop my tangent, and show you this video.

http://www.break.com/index/video-gam...detail-2116780

I still own all of my original vintage systems, including but not limited to a handheld Atari :P

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity..and I'm not sure about the the universe." -Albert Einstein

----------------CLICK SIGNATURE FOR ARMORY----------------

Fellow Atari, NES, N64 person here!

I just wanted to post this, because I had seen that video and I also play minecraft occasionally, and read up on the creator's blog:

http://notch.tumblr.com/post/8386977075/its-a-scam

basically he is telling you that it is a scam!
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Another thread on this? It's ​fake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Fellow Atari, NES, N64 person here!

I just wanted to post this, because I had seen that video and I also play minecraft occasionally, and read up on the creator's blog:

http://notch.tumblr.com/post/8386977075/its-a-scam

basically he is telling you that it is a scam!
    How ironic, the founder of Minecraft calling a video promoting futuristic graphic design a scam o.o
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity..and I'm not sure about the the universe." -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Mookes View Post
    How ironic, the founder of Minecraft calling a video promoting futuristic graphic design a scam o.o
    Because he is a game designer, who gave an alternate solution for the same thing without needing to throw money at a problem (which is what the developers of this project are asking, with only a concept in mind). Notch actually gave a few reasons why this kind of rendering is impossible 'right now'. We might break this barrier sooner or later, but it's certainly not in the now, like Euclideon is promising.

So it's a fake, yes. And there are other theads like this, which will be why a moderator closes this. But the important thing is...
    Last edited by Typhron; 2011-08-14 at 09:11 AM.

Deleted
    Yep, it's fake and a scam and it's been around for years.

If this ends up still being a hoax, they deserve to conn the entire industry, just for effort. No really, this has got to be real.

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=JVB1ayT6Fdc

In this interview they respond to the claim it's 'fake'. check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Goranhir The Furious View Post

While I can't really tell whether he's being genuine or not, I understand what he's saying. Rendering as many objects as their demo had is virtually impossible, assuming you render it in the way that programs render things today. He's claiming that their tech renders precisely as much of each object as is needed, instead of simply trying to blatantly load everything all at once, basically rendering each pixel individually, I think, instead of trying to load all the objects, and then display those objects. Pretty interesting concept, if nothing else, genuine or not.

If genuine, their company's name is pretty ironic, since there's absolutely nothing 'euclidean' about creating graphics tech that would work that dramatically different from the industry standard.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2011-08-14 at 10:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Thank you. Interesting find.

Ok, been watching it. I got very skeptical from Notch's criticism, but as soon as they went and actually showed their source material that they laser-scanned into the software - the elephant statue, the individual rocks - I got that tingling of excitement again. If this tech is genuine, it's very cool, because it's not only impressive, it's completely and totally different from the current stuff out there for graphics rendering. It's like starting at 0 and rebuilding the entire graphic-creation process. I especially liked the idea of game artists returning to more traditional mediums, such as molding and sculpting. I find that very cool, if only because the idea of a game actually having a bunch of real life physical props associated with it is fascinating.

TL;DR, real or not, that interview was very interesting and thought provoking.

EDIT: One other thing; I certainly understand why they would want to 'go underground.' If it's real - again, a huge if, they're making a lot of crazy claims - then they would want to stay out of the spotlight to avoid being bulldozed by companies like Adobe and others, who use 3D modelling software that would be rendered almost obsolete by this. Chew on that for a moment. :P Remember how the electric car was introduced in the 90s, and then quickly squashed to death by a couple big auto manufacturers? Same thing.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2011-08-14 at 11:05 AM.

the guys voice is too retarded for this to be real. in fact, the guy interviewing him is too retarded to be real too. and his hat? nah. no way man, no way.

Deleted
    That video in OP just screams of "scam".

This ofcourse is just my opinion without any depth of knowledge in that industry.

After watching this I was impressed again - It might be "clever" and not actually really work for games, but it looks damn good.

Deleted
    I don't think its a con, but it can't work in 3d games, the process seem very solid and static, there's no life to it.

when they show a polygon demo its a 3d model moving about,when they show their work it just fixed point detail with the camera spinning about..

Shows some real time animation then im sold otherwise its just a gimmick

A waterfall or trees moving anything to show animation

Oh and they all seem a little creepy to me..
    Last edited by mmocae06178e2b; 2011-08-14 at 02:53 PM.

That interviewer sounded like a real tool. "Here we'll see the CEO of Euclideon. He's a vegeterian that sponsors a whole orphanage in India." Maybe it's just me, but the way he said it definitely sounded like he was trying to use it as an angle. Also, there's still no animations. To give an example of animation they showed something from 7 years ago instead of something new. He even says "yes we do have animation" without showing it. The more and more I listen, you can actually catch his slip-ups. "It doesn't use much CPU" right after saying it's a GPU-intensive process. He said it as an example of how the average user will be able to handle it.
    Last edited by noahjam326; 2011-08-14 at 04:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MorTvicR View Post
    I don't think its a con, but it can't work in 3d games, the process seem very solid and static, there's no life to it.

when they show a polygon demo its a 3d model moving about,when they show their work it just fixed point detail with the camera spinning about..

Shows some real time animation then im sold otherwise its just a gimmick

A waterfall or trees moving anything to show animation

Oh and they all seem a little creepy to me..
    Yeah, they seemed pretty childish in the interview. They claimed they'd release an update "when it's ready" in the interview. I hope we can see another update within 6 months
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

Deleted
    Its not fake it is real tech doing some nice pre rendered fancy stuff...Buts its not for gaming that bits a lie..

it would be ok for CAD work etc but not 3d realtime animated games..

And the whole team just gives out creep;y vibes, his voice yishhh so smarmy and camp

Quote Originally Posted by noahjam326 View Post
    That interviewer sounded like a real tool. "Here we'll see the CEO of Euclideon. He's a vegeterian that sponsors a whole orphanage in India." Maybe it's just me, but the way he said it definitely sounded like he was trying to use it as an angle. Also, there's still no animations. To give an example of animation they showed something from 7 years ago instead of something new. He even says "yes we do have animation" without showing it. The more and more I listen, you can actually catch his slip-ups. "It doesn't use much CPU" right after saying it's a GPU-intensive process. He said it as an example of how the average user will be able to handle it.
    What they said, is that it only used the GPU to bring the picture on your screen, but that the processing isn't being handled by the GPU. In fact, he claims there is no processing due to the nature of their technology. Either way, judging by the level of detail, I think we can all agree that what was shown cannot be run on the type of laptop they were showing it on, if it had been conventional technology. Hence, this is either a scam of quite some proportion and the interviewer is in on it and the demo was pre-programmed, or it's real enough to be interesting.

And how can you claim this tech can't be used in games? Because you think so? because the world is made up of squares? All technology started with a concept, then a framework, a prototype and eventually it evolves into something better. How come you can, from these samples we have seen, conclude long before any 1.0 release that it won't have a function in-game?
    Last edited by Vespian; 2011-08-14 at 06:17 PM.