View Poll Results: Should Mana Burn be removed?

Voters
238. This poll is closed
  • Yes

99 41.60%
  • No

76 31.93%
  • It should stay but have a cd

63 26.47%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If your team is letting priests mana burn all your healers uninterrupted, then you're the problem. Not mana burn.
    And a Holy Paladin complaining about the one ability that is an actual threat to your mana? I assume everyone wants to be invincible.

Mana burn is a situational spell, if you're being chain mana burned then your team or you need to do something.
    That means:
    a) To little pressure on the other team
    b) Tunnelvision
    c) You're not LoSing
    d) Your team is forced to play defensive
    e) All of the above.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by herpookybear View Post
    i read the spell says it cost the casting priest a chunk of mana also...but i see them spamming it and rarely losing any...

lol when they cast it, it takes off FAR MORE mana fromt he target than it does the priest... its a fucking stupid spell tbh.
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    well if it took more mana from the priest than the enemy, why would anyone use it?....

Mana burn is needed in pvp to counter the large and unending mana pools of healers. Plain and simple. You can LoS it, you can silence it, you can avoid it. Its risks comes with its rewards. But with healers barely going oom in RBGs and Arenas, its a necessary spell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yotei View Post
    That's the point of my opinion though, it shouldn't be a skill that you can use more than the acronym 'lol' and feel very little consequences for.

It should be used with good timing.
    So make it cost more? Also, have you literally NO interrupters in your BG groups?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the optimal change for this discussion is...

Put a 3-7sec cd on mana burn. They cant spam it, they can use it efficiently, but it gives the opposing player time to react.

i.e. youre not oom in 30sec, youre oom in 5min. gives the opportunity to win, but doesnt take the game to its 45(47?) min max in arenas, and effects the healing of an FC since the healer needs to LoS, and 2-3 sec of not healing a FC in an RBG = death.

Deleted
    I'm not talking about in Arena's, I'm talking about RGb's and BG's where LoS is far more an issue. I can pretty much guarantee that there are 1 or 2 priests on the opposing team spamming mana burn. I dont just mean healing, then occasionally casting it I mean 1 button spammage... mana burn mana burn mana burn etc.

To me this proves it is OP as it is all some cast. That is the reason I feel it should be removed.

If not removed then at least give it a CD or a bigger penalty for use.

Casting 1 OP spell repeatedly shows lack of skill and allowing this to happen shows Blizzards lack of "balance" once again in pvp.

Deleted
    I don't like something this powerful to be available only to one class... A healer even. (PvP disc priest myself)

I say either remove it or give it back to Warlocks.

I play a holy Paladin and I don't think it should be REMOVED but I do think they should up the mana cost or tweak it some how. Basically, make it so the priest wouldn't want to use it unless it's in a situation that actually calls for it. I play both 2v2 and 3v3 and all I ever see are priests spamming mana burn to win.

Deleted
    Since they kept mana burn it certainly shouldn't have been removed from warlocks, given a cast time for locks? Yeah.

Mana burn is a great and needed tool for disc, but I do think it should have a cd. In rbg's los is usually very hard to find and mana burn becomes too powerful imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimoron View Post
    So make it cost more? Also, have you literally NO interrupters in your BG groups?
    Same to you, have you literally no one who can interrupt such a long cast?

The cast is more than enough time for you to run out of range or run behind the priest. So if it has a cd, it should have a much lower cast time.
    Last edited by Apexeon; 2011-08-14 at 05:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet the other two drains locks have also ignore LoS and are pretty powerful?
    Mana burn is a 2.5 second cast (try and get off a few of those in high rating arena, not easy)
    Mana Drain was a channel, which became absurd with haste, ignored LoS and a lock could spam it though pillars for 10 seconds until the healer was oom. Warlocks didn't need to return mana due to Life Tap. Warlocks didn't NEED it at the end of the day. Mana Burn is useful and needed. Priests need to stay competitive.

A warlock could use mana drain as part of their rotation most games while a priest uses mana drain, but has to think about it. Has to plan it, requires skill imo. Mana Drain was one button win against healers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    If I got 50k gold for every error since diablo launched, I'd be able to buy a proper weapon.
    "I will now attempt to run away but first I will forget to close my chat window! wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    It should stay, but nerf it!!
    - 10 second CD
    - more mana cost
    - less mana burned

Priest healers are too OP anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I'm defending a base in a battleground on my druid (resto) I'm guaranteed that we will lose the base if there's a priest with half a brain in the attacking force.

I believe it's a very powerful tool, but I don't pvp with my priest so I don't know how they would do without it.
    Last edited by phyrix; 2011-08-14 at 05:57 PM.

MB has a slow cast, a distinct sound, and as countless have mentioned, extremely situational. The only time you really see MB being used is in the 2s bracket, which is broken as is. In 3s you rarely have a moment to start casting a burn, not get interrupted, and actually finish the cast without falling behind in dispels or heals.

Now that every melee has an interrupt, and 2/4 of the healers have an interrupt as well, and one of the ones that dont can shapeshift to avoid burns, I dont understand the complaints.

And to all of you suggesting a CD on MB, sure! Give me a 1sec cast MB and a 15sec CD. All day.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanie View Post
    It should stay, but nerf it!!
    - 10 second CD
    - more mana cost
    - less mana burned
    Priest healers are too OP anyways.
    MB is not mana efficient at all. A Disc will OOM himself before OOMing a holy pally if straight chain casting.

Informed discussion is enjoyable, but this is like reading children talk about the dragon under their bed.
    Last edited by Jubite; 2011-08-14 at 06:00 PM.

Deleted
    remove it,warlock and hunters lost it why should priests be any difrent...

It is really annoying as a Retribution Paladin as it really screws our pressure over since it takes only a few seconds to completely oom us and wipe out and possible chance of us getting the little sustained damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apexeon View Post
    Same to you, have you literally no one who can interrupt such a long cast?

The cast is more than enough time for you to run out of range or run behind the priest. So if it has a cd, it should have a much lower cast time.
    And therein lies my point: it is a 2.5 second (unhasted) CT spell. If a Priest is literally able to cast it lol-like without you either LoSing or interrupting it, there's a major issue with that. That includes not enough pressure on the opposing group.

Deleted
    None of the healers have an issue avoiding burns, atleast in arenas. I really dont think it is an issue in rbgs, a druid can simply switch to bear form, then the priest wastes more time than druid. Shamans should have enough awareness to put the priest on focus and just simply shock the casts, use grounding if its desperate. Paladins, well they have enough mana anyway. Besides, shouldnt you have partners stopping them? I mean a rogue, shaman or dk would be able to stop burns alone while dpsing. You gotta remember if someone is spamming burns its 1/10 players gone doing that (although spriest can have dots on FC while burning).

I think it adds some skill to the game, especially rbgs, that you gotta be aware, you will easily notice when someone is burning off the sound. I think it is good for some variety to pvp. So yes it should stay

Add poll btw.

---------- Post added 2011-08-14 at 08:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bog View Post
    remove it,warlock and hunters lost it why should priests be any difrent...
    Because mana burn is avoidable.

Deleted
    Why not? Caster do not receive any mana by doing this so? L2CC, kkthxbb.