Poll: Rogue or Hunter

Rogue or Hunter for PvP

Greetings people at MMO-champion

I play only a little these days. Many of my friends are still very active. So I log on from time to time to do a dungeon or two with them.
    But I have been thinking about going into PvP, so I would have more to do. I am an old DAoC gamer and have never seen WoWs PvP element as any good, but I am willing to give it a try.
    I will mostly be playing a few battleground and maybe enter the arenas. But nothing serious as of yet.

I will level a new character for this PvP project. I have come down to two classes but I can't seems to decide between the Rogue and the Hunter.
    I enjoy the aesthetics ofthe rogue and the wholeness of the class. But the hunter just seems so much more PvP minded.
    To me it looks like the hunter has way more utility in PvP combat, one major fact is that it is ranged. But I don't care much for the aesthetics of the hunter or its pet.
    So I am trying to decide between a class that I'd like for its theme and style, compared to a class that seems better at what I want to use it for.

So which class would you suggest and why?
    Last edited by Xadion; 2011-08-15 at 09:03 AM.
    Any post or reply from me is based on the knowledge and thought patterns relative to my mind. They are, in all fairness, subjective.
    I don't deal in absolutes as I believe in learning and adapting. My every action is a result of calculation and choice.

Deleted
    Rogue takes a lot more to master, but is capable of more things once mastered. But the sheer lack of constant damage makes it frustrating to play at times when you can't even burst down a clothy in the 8 seconds you have to do so. Hunter is stable damage, and takes a lot less ability to master, though still more than most classes. Using things such as feign death and traps in tactical play is a must.

I vote hunter, as I play rogue, and even after all these years I still feel like it takesa lot more effort than it is worth to kill someone of equal resi, whereas hunter is given the same damage output as a constant rather than burst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue is very very fun, especially if you can master sub.

I loved leveling my rogue via BG's

Quote Originally Posted by Goragu View Post
    Rogue takes a lot more to master, but is capable of more things once mastered. But the sheer lack of constant damage makes it frustrating to play at times when you can't even burst down a clothy in the 8 seconds you have to do so. Hunter is stable damage, and takes a lot less ability to master, though still more than most classes. Using things such as feign death and traps in tactical play is a must.

I vote hunter, as I play rogue, and even after all these years I still feel like it takesa lot more effort than it is worth to kill someone of equal resi, whereas hunter is given the same damage output as a constant rather than burst.
    This is exaclty what I am afraid of with the rogue. I won't be playing it alot so I probably won't get the skills under my skin. With the huge amounts of hit points and resilience these days, it might be more of a battle of constants and how easy it is to deliver damage. So this speaks for the hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    Rogue is very very fun, especially if you can master sub.

I loved leveling my rogue via BG's
    I am generally talking about endgame PvP. I will be going to battlegrounds while I level of course . But it is primarily the gameplay experience at 85 I am worried about.
    Zait, do you play your rogue in battlegrounds and arenas as level 85 and why do you enjoy the rogue?

---------- Post added 2011-08-15 at 01:35 PM ----------

Another thing. I was wondering about a good race for a hunter/rogue. I was considering human because of the "Every Man for Himself" ability. I guess this shares a cooldown with the usual PvP trinket? Is this ability really worth it? (would you ever be using another trinket over the resilience one?)

I also considered Draenei for a hunter, because of the self healing ability and the extra to-hit.
    Or a Gnome for the rogue, because of the expertise with swords and daggers and the Escape Artist ability.
    Last edited by Xadion; 2011-08-15 at 12:29 PM.
    Any post or reply from me is based on the knowledge and thought patterns relative to my mind. They are, in all fairness, subjective.
    I don't deal in absolutes as I believe in learning and adapting. My every action is a result of calculation and choice.