The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Max Bethtilac frenzy stacks?

In phase 2, at around how many stacks should Bethtilac reach before going down? approx.

Also is it crucial to have at least one dps going up top with the healer and tank in phase 1 to help with the dps?

Deleted
    well we fail on adds killing mostly so when we start to nuke her she is at roughly 95% and then we start to nuke the shit out of her .. we getup to 30 ish stack after wich it becomes pretty much outhealeble maybe a bit more but not much since you get to much damage. But we always down her.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dreameer111 View Post
    In phase 2, at around how many stacks should Bethtilac reach before going down? approx.

Also is it crucial to have at least one dps going up top with the healer and tank in phase 1 to help with the dps?
    i won't be able to say how many stacks, i never tanked so care-o-meter on that part is -> |.|.........................|

however it is not crucial to send someone up to dps , specially on 10 man if you're just starting firelands, it's best if you keep all the dps down to get adds under control , ( if you have a warlock, have him pull the fight with bane )

p.s. i think i've seen stacks at 50 at one point....but don't quote me on that , like i said, not what i keep track of

edit: and very important, if you will not send a dps up, it'll prolong the burn phase a bit too much , so have time warp/hero be popped FOR HEALERS not as a dps cooldown, so whoever does tw , have them watch out for how fast the group's health goes up after each fire pulse,or even better , have the healers call it on vent when they feel they want and need it, again time it for the healers , not for the dps, and under normal circumstances it'll be popped after boss goes under 50% anyway ,

also , time raid cooldowns, raidwalls and any other things , and setup a rotation for them
    Last edited by mmocc9c440b8a0; 2011-08-15 at 11:36 AM.

It depends on how many your healer can heal.
    We send 1 dps up becouse we anyway have to high dps down.

On heroic you should aim to have your DPSers take her down to about 70% before she comes down for phase 3. Also, if her stacks go beyond 30, your tanks and healers should start rotating cooldowns in order to stay alive.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    If you can't beat her from 100% health in phase 2 (and most people definitely can't), it's never a good idea to neglect her in phase 1. Or straight to the point: You should not neglect her in phase 1.

As for the other question, there is probably a hard cap of stacks where your average damage dealer gets one-shot assuming no stamina or resistance buffs, everyone being topped between each pulse, and no magic damage reduction cooldowns being used at all. That being said, it's quite irrelevant to know this cap because it will probably never be practically applicable. The pulse where too many people start dying is simply put the highest pulse you can take. Which one that is has everything to do with which cooldowns your group has and how they use it.

On normal, to be honest I think 19 stacks of Frenzy before we killed her. We found it really easy if we send two DPS up the first time, then one DPS the second time that you can easily take her down to 80% or lower depending on who you bring up.

In Phase 2, At 10 stacks we use Aura Mastery and at 20 (if we get that high) we use Tranquility or Divine Hymn

Deleted
    we send up 1 dps, he gets 25% off, after that its cakewalk, dunno bout the stacks but one time the small spiders healed herr to 100%, took a while before people started killing spiderlings, then we finished her off with me solo survivor (affl lock) just gotta rotate cooldowns, a hunter can solo the small spiders with the correct specc, else use 2 dps for it.

Deleted
    We have a rogue and our feral dps up with a hpala and protwarrior and they go down earlier on the third devastation to clean up on the ground. We usually have to boss to around 60%-65% iirc

Deleted
    depends a lot if your in 10 man or 25man, 25man has more "raid cooldowns" to make her aoe puls hit for nothing eg dk antimagic wil make one pulse hit for 75% less then disapear instantly, holy pallies aura mastery will maek pulses do only 1/2 damg before any other cooldowns from resists. disco pests floor bubble will make healing group to full easier (if glyphed) as well as reducing damg taken. in 25man you have more of these but you have more people you need to keep alive anyway.

Deleted
    On Heroic 25m we get to ~30-32ish before she dies, Don't think we've ever been higher and we almost certainly wouldn't survive 34/36.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonsorow View Post
    On normal, to be honest I think 19 stacks of Frenzy before we killed her. We found it really easy if we send two DPS up the first time, then one DPS the second time that you can easily take her down to 80% or lower depending on who you bring up.

In Phase 2, At 10 stacks we use Aura Mastery and at 20 (if we get that high) we use Tranquility or Divine Hymn
    Aura Mastery does not affect Ember Flare, unfortunately. Check your logs.

On Heroic 10, these are two goals for you to start with:

1 - Aim to get her to 80% at least before phase 2 starts
    2 - Aim to kill her within 35 stacks of Frenzy.

Each stack of Frenzy is applied every 5 seconds, giving you 3 minutes to do phase 3.

Beth has 32.8 million hp, if you get her to 80% as p2 starts, you need to do 26.2 million damage in 3 minutes. This is about ~150k rdps.

Plan your Cooldown Rotation in P2 to correspond to stacks of frenzy. This lets you consistently use cooldowns at the most appropriate time. For example the one we're using is:

/ra Beth'tilac P2 Healing CD
    /ra 22 = Hero
    /ra 26 = Spirit Link + Boom Tranq
    /ra 28 = DG 1
    /ra 30 = PW: Barrier
    /ra 32 = Rallying Cry
    /ra 34 = DG 2
    /ra 35 = Resto Tranq
    /ra 36 = Anything you still have
    /ra Cycle personals from ~30 onward

The numbers refer to stacks of Frenzy. Remember, Heroism lasts 40 seconds, aka for 8 stacks of Frenzy. We hero at 22 stacks, and it stays up through to 30 stacks. The last 5 stacks are chaining strong raid cooldowns.

Ember Flare:

- Pulses every 6 seconds in P2
    - Can not be resisted (aura mastery is useless in p2 as a raid cooldown)
    - Can miss completely
    - Can be deterrenced by a hunter
    - Can be Iceblocked/Bubbled by mage or pally to avoid taking damage. Rogues too.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2011-08-15 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Projali View Post
    Aura Mastery does not affect Ember Flare, unfortunately. Check your logs.
    I will have to check them. I know it made it easier to use Aura Mastery.

Thank you

Heroic 10 we've survived to around 40, but the AE pulse will 1-shot your entire raid without cooldowns once you get to 30-35. Tanks need to start chaining cooldowns at around 25-30.

the AE pulse will 1-shot your entire raid without cooldowns once you get to 30-35.
    It wont oneshot your raid at 30-35. H10 Ember Flare starts off pulsing for 24-28k per tick.

Even with +200% from 40 stacks it wont oneshot the raid, it will twoshot.

If people kill her ~35, it will be pulsing for ~75K.

35 is pretty much the point where you COULD have people dying easily.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Deleted
    37-42 is point of wiping most of the time. Depends on how lucky u are with crit heals etc

Quote Originally Posted by dreameer111 View Post

To answer your question: Plan to kill her by 35. By this point, all CD's are used and the raid is falling apart within a few more seconds. Make sure you start your raid cooldowns well before 35. We start ours from ~22 onwards.

And dont forget that Heroism is treated as a raid healing cooldown in phase 2.

This equates to about 3 minutes in phase 2 to kill her. (Frenzy gains one stack every 5 seconds). Obviously the lower health she starts P2 at, the easiest it is to do.