Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I've been gone for 1 1/2 months

Dissapointed to see nothing has changed. What is honestly my motivation to come back to this game as a paladin player? I check the chart our only Dps spec is the lowest of all classes (other classes have viable specs.) We are still RNG dependent. Haste is worthless... still, Crit is still clunky and mastery is still worthless to stack without crit. It's just dissapointing

So if any paladin's out there can give me a reason to want to come back or keep watching, tell me.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

I would say stop looking at the bad things to check if theyve become better. I would also say that the same thing goes with paladins as with every other class in wow: If you consider it fun, play it. If not, dont. No one else can really tell you whats fun and not fun, it gotta come to you From you

As for how rets are atm: It depends on the players you play with Rets can be top and rets can be bottom, same as with every class/specc eh?
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

I'm loving ret this patch/expansion It's interesting and fun, and isn't the flavour of the month. Nice to have a change after 2 years of facerolling in Wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bori! You're alive!

Nothing particularly earth-shattering (or even pebble-wiggling) that's happened, or that we can see in development. Although, there's a new build on the PTR, so changes might be coming in "soon" (I know how we all love that word).
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitsurugi View Post
    Bori! You're alive!

Nothing particularly earth-shattering (or even pebble-wiggling) that's happened, or that we can see in development. Although, there's a new build on the PTR, so changes might be coming in "soon" (I know how we all love that word).
    What kinda new changes? I might pick up the PtR to check it out... in my shitty Feburary 4.0.6 gear.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    This news post is the only change that can really be reported on. I haven't had time to launch my PTR client lately to check, and there haven't been any patch notes released that Bibi has reported on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitsurugi View Post
    This news post is the only change that can really be reported on. I haven't had time to launch my PTR client lately to check, and there haven't been any patch notes released that Bibi has reported on.
    I doubt it could be anything to drastic, we'll have to wait till 4.3 to see real changes, since blizzard won't completely change a class in the middle of a patch... several times (pretending like 4.0-4.1 never happened)

10+ Year Old Account
    From a raw DPS standpoint, the only thing I think is a real issue is our bottom-end damage. The difference between our top-end and bottom-end damage seems to be a lot higher than other classes, so recorded DPS (i.e. the average) will show as low compared to others.

As for PvP, well, I'm not the best person to dish out information on that. As far as I know, nothing has really changed from our need of another player to help us stay on target.

Quote Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
    What is honestly my motivation to come back to this game
    You enjoy playing? There is no reason better than this, and no one will convince you otherwise. If ever this game becomes anything less than an enjoyable way to pass the time, log off and don't come back until you find it fun again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Generally speaking nothing has changed & nothing is likely to change either unless the big wigs @ blizzard suddenly decide to change the outdated relic that is their "vision" of the paladin class.

there is also the problem that most of the top designers have been moved onto things like D3, SC2 expansions, & code name Titan while they have the others manage problems that arise in WOW.

At the end of the day you also have to realize that if they actually cared about paladin design & development none of the problems that happened since cataclysm beta would have happened.
    The whole time they rushed the design team, told them they couldn't implement the tools/mechanics they insisted the class needed & told them to instead implement tools/mechanics that have been shown time & time again to be impossible to balance for a dps or tanking spec.
    Last edited by zcks; 2011-08-16 at 06:08 AM.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zcks View Post
    there is also the problem that most of the top designers have been moved onto things like D3, SC2 expansions, & code name Titan while they have the others manage problems that arise in WOW.
    Please stop spreading this lie. Each game has their own team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    Please stop spreading this lie. Each game has their own team.
    True, however team members change. Many of their designers which were formally assigned to WOW have been moved to other projects while others have taken their place.

BTW Seam, I like the HellSing avatar.
    Last edited by zcks; 2011-08-16 at 06:27 AM.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

They moved to Titan which is still a MMORPG and not like they're locked in an ivory tower and denied communication with the WoW team. It's very likely the big design decisions are still made with the same team of "bigwigs".

The class overall did actually improve quite a lot over the years and probably the reason they keep ret spec on a short leash is just population numbers. Remember how BG's were swarmed any time ret was close to viable in arena?

10+ Year Old Account
    Reroll or quit playing, simple as that. If you don't enjoy your paladin then play something else...hurr hurr durr...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KaziOfTheSkies View Post
    I would say stop looking at the bad things to check if theyve become better. I would also say that the same thing goes with paladins as with every other class in wow: If you consider it fun, play it. If not, dont. No one else can really tell you whats fun and not fun, it gotta come to you From you

As for how rets are atm: It depends on the players you play with Rets can be top and rets can be bottom, same as with every class/specc eh?

How can you enjoy playing a class, when you know you're giving everything from yourself, pre-potting, synchronizing trinkets & procs,
    but in the end of the day you still do shit dps, if RNG doesnt love you.

Dissapointed to see nothing has changed. What is honestly my motivation to come back to this game as a paladin player? I check the chart our only Dps spec is the lowest of all classes (other classes have viable specs.) We are still RNG dependent. Haste is worthless... still, Crit is still clunky and mastery is still worthless to stack without crit. It's just dissapointing

So if any paladin's out there can give me a reason to want to come back or keep watching, tell me.
    Don't come back. Stick it to the man by playing for free on the PTR. FIGHT THE POWER!
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    My advice, if you really want to play WOW but are sick to death of the crap that ret has become either

1: Roll something else.

2: Move to one of those severs that blizzard does not own & is free to play on. (their only real down side is low population levels)

I did the second & the ret tree they have is similar to wrath with a few major modifications. (some of which have actually been posted here & on the official forums)
    In the end it's funny to see that people from some of those servers actually come up with better, more balanced talents, talent tree's & mechanics then the designers do.

At the end of of the day that ^ is probably because they do not have the management team forcing their outdated "original vision" (which has been proven to be flawed time & time again) of how the class & its specs should be onto the design team while telling them they can't implement the tools/mechanics they say are a necessity.

---------- Post added 2011-08-16 at 02:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KaziOfTheSkies View Post

You obviously don't play ret & play with very bad players if your seeing ret's top any meters.

At the moment ret has the among the lowest raid dps of all the specs, it also has as much or more problems with RNG then any other spec meaning luck will play a much larger factor then skill in how you perform. That's not even mentioning the other design flaws & the various pvp problems the spec has.
    Last edited by zcks; 2011-08-16 at 07:02 AM.

Come back to have fun with the game or re-roll. Not gonna try and convince you otherwise.

15+ Year Old Account

It still sucks nothing really game breaking about Ret I still can't figure out those rets that think the cata model takes some extra skill and effort over any previous model. If you need something to do it's not a bad option but ya be prepared to be last in a guild with quality players or higher in a guild with mediocre players.

Roll an Arms Warrior I have more fun on my Alt and in Raids I can put very close to the same DPS out with considerably less gear. Arms in Cata is nearly identical as Ret in wotlk it's just ECD management. Fury is very close to Ret in cata avoid it lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Currently lvling a hunter and having far more enjoyment. The only class that can beat me is arcane mage, but we all know mages are OP, but it sort of balances out at 85.

Ret is pathetic. Our other ret who has far worse gear than I do (I have 4 set T12 he has 4 set T11) can beat me sometimes due to lucky procs. Thats pathetic. Obviously I do beat him on majority of static boss fights, but luck is a fickle mistress, especially when it comes to the RNGadin spec