Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Which guild is the World's BEST (PvE Raiding) Late night guild?

I am curious since i've been digging around

From the information I have found we (Latenight - Runetotem EU) are the world's best late night (raid times past 23:00 server time) in the world.
    But if any1 knows better, please prove me wrong

NOTE: for late night guild, I ONLY consider guilds that start raiding after 23:00 server time.

We're currently 5/7 HC!!

I know some of you are gonna QQ about that it's an irrelevant ranking... and ultimately, you're right. But just because we have crappy RL and jobs doesn't mean we can't love the nerd prestige as well
    Last edited by mmoc4222dea28a; 2011-08-15 at 10:48 PM.

It's really, really hard to find a quality late night guild. I've been playing for 7 years and changed guilds/realms about 3-4 times. Just not a lot out there in terms of good people/progression. Congrats on your progress and best of luck to you!

Deleted
    thank you Mak

World's best PVE guild is an Oxymoron... there are no good PVE guild because PVE takes no skill.

/Thread

User was infracted for this post.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2011-08-15 at 07:56 PM.

Too many happy faces make it hard to hate, congrats!
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Quote Originally Posted by showstoppasaurs View Post
    World's best PVE guild is an Oxymoron... there are no good PVE guild because PVE takes no skill./Thread
    Link to your heroic ragnaros kill?

im going to say it again PVE takes no skill hence the reason why i don't pve... getting the achivement for reacing level 10 is harder than killing heroic ragnaros.

(User was infracted for this post)
    Last edited by mmoc2e3dee3473; 2011-08-15 at 09:40 PM.

When you say raid past, you mean you start the raid at that time?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blada View Post
    Link to your heroic ragnaros kill?
    no need to feed the troll

10+ Year Old Account
    im going to say it again PVE takes no skill hence the reason why i don't pve... getting the achivement for reacing level 10 is harder than killing heroic ragnaros.
    Let me guess you're one of those pvp baddies who thinks it's hard to get to 3000 rating with MMR amiright? This is a PVE thread, get out of here with your PVP troll.

Deleted
    World's best PVE guild is an Oxymoron... there are no good PVE guild because PVE takes no skill.

/Thread

User was infracted for this post.
    well... If this were vanilla I would agree with you... however the game has changed.

It is true to some degree that "Skill" (if you define skill as Action and Reaction based) is somewhat trivial in a Scripted PvE encounter, compared to pvp.
    However, the fights contain much more "RNG" now, compared to Vanilla, and therefore making "Skill" more relevant in PvE.
    A much greater factor in PvE compared to PvP is time dedication.

Maybe Rag heroic doesn't require the same amount of "skill" as a 3k, 3v3 arena match. however, the PvE raider has to sit on his ass and endure a painful 100-200+ wipes in order for every1 to understand their role in these "scripted" fights. And that is a completely different, and very under-appreciated skillset.

Ultimately: play the aspect of the game that you like. Without comparing the different aspects, because they really aren't comparable...

I greatly enjoy the feeling of the first kill after those famous 100-200+ wipes and I greatly enjoy raping a frost mage in pvp

10+ Year Old Account
    And I'll say this once.

Don't come into the Raids and Dungeons forums with that. You've been infracted once already. Move on.

Everyone else, ignore him.
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-08-15 at 08:20 PM.

the fundamental problem is there is no definitive guidelines for the "best" guild. Progression races are the only real way to determine who is the "best" because you can definitely say they did it when no one else could. One could argue that consistently downing a boss with the best time/ lowest dmg taken/ no deaths etc means you are the best but you weren't in any absurd-no-sleep race for it.

In the end, you can pick your criteria, but people will argue that there is a better way to deal with the metrics or take issue with the caveats involed.

Im pretty sure Paragon raided past 23.00, so let's say paragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Daurss View Post
    Im pretty sure Paragon raided past 23.00, so let's say paragon.
    Paragon and Ensidia raid through-out all hours of the night.

there for Paragon is still the best in the world at all times

So basically you have defined a criteria, with a quite arbitrary definition ("must be later than 23:00 in whatever happens to be the timezone of your server"), narrow enough to where your guild is probably the only one you can find that meets it, then declared that your guild is the best in that category?

Deleted
    You think your 5/7 HC makes you the best? Did you miss all the world first 2nd etc?
    To answer your question.

Paragon
    /thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
    So basically you have defined a criteria, with a quite arbitrary definition ("must be later than 23:00 in whatever happens to be the timezone of your server"), narrow enough to where your guild is probably the only one you can find that meets it, then declared that your guild is the best in that category?
    You dont understand.
    Guilds raiding after 23:00 because people got RL and jobs etc and dont have possibility to do like paragon is a rule so he can compare his raiding style to others and see how they do compared to others with their raiding style, I dont think he came in here with "I is zhe real shiz!" but rather "Is there any other kind of this guild that is at our progress or even further?"

Quote Originally Posted by studkaw View Post
    You think your 5/7 HC makes you the best? Did you miss all the world first 2nd etc?
    To answer your question.

Paragon
    /thread
    As Paragon does not devote their raid times to the 'late night' portions of the local time, then they don't really matter for the purposes of the discussion. So let's try not to steer the thread in that (flame-tacular) direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanto94 View Post
    Guilds raiding after 23:00 because people got RL and jobs etc and dont have possibility to do like paragon is a rule so he can compare his raiding style to others and see how they do compared to others with their raiding style, I dont think he came in here with "I is zhe real shiz!" but rather "Is there any other kind of this guild that is at our progress or even further?"
    I don't think you understand.

A person doesn't have to play on a server that is set to the same timezone they are in. So how is the timezone of the server the guild is on really relevant?