Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mind Sear is amazing Imo. The only previous complaint would be you need a mob to target and if it dies prematurely you wasted mana\part of a cast. But Blizz fixed it recently. =) Target a tank, sear his mind, win.
    Almost Epic - Short Stories and Musings of nearly epic proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dathorize View Post
    Thunderstorm, Profit.
    On a 45 second cooldown and, if not glyphed, knocks all the mobs away, which can be very bothersome for a tank.

No profit.
    Welcome to America. Here is your corrupt politician, complementary gun, and your fixed news. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Mind Sear is REALLY good. Especially compared to other classes and their AoEs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    I think a lot of you guys saying Mind Sear is great don't play spriest as your main and here's why.

Of all the T11 and T12 encounters a great deal of them require heavy aoe but some of them require noone to be within melee range. I can think of spiderlings on Beth, the bloods on Cho'gall as two really great examples of this. Mind Sear works like ass in these circumstances where, for example, I would kill to have a ground targeting based AoE instead of crap shooting and hoping:
    1) My target is in the center of the pack
    2) My target STAYS in the center of the pack
    3) My target doesn't die early or mid channel, forcing me to recast a very mana inefficient spell

So yeah, I would love a ground based void zone type aoe.
    Communicate with your team as the spell has its ups and downs yet can be still be quite powerful if used in combination with others. Here's what I usually do on T12 Hc's

Beth - sp's arent a great choice in the first place for them , but okay as backup. If you have a hunter sear the pet, or mindsear the middle spider indeed. But usually you should focus on drones /spinners and let the more suitable classes handle spiderlings. S:death is amazing along with devouring plague to snipe em out in conjuction of spirit tap glyph

Chogall - not doing this guy anymore but all you can do is either: macro a target blood , or communicate to have pet put pet near the front of the blood and precast mindsear (they usually die ridiculously fast you cant even bother mindsearing (just taking this as example because you took cho'gall as example)

Ryolith - Fade+ mindsear on focus target, which should be your fragments tank. You can basically aoe at the getgo if you wish and as it targets the fragment tank it should be hitting legs, fragments and the ooze on the ground without retargetting or recasting crap on ground (as add tank is usually moving near the legs etc)

Ragnaros HC - Communicate with your warlocks or hunters, focus macro on their pets by name and have you cast focus mindsear on pet whilst the hunter/lock recalls it back to him=tons of damage on molten seeds

Mindsear is strong as it is if used correctly, and if there are fights where it wont be optimal you should have probably another class handling that gap and you focus on another target.

Deleted
    If you are complaining about not always being able to target a melee for AoE, you don't seem to realise the real issue of mind sear because honestly targeting an unfriendly target is just as good 95 % of the times. The biggest issue with mind sear is that you can't maintain Dark Evangelism stacks and Empowered shadows unless you play cleverly and rely heavily on RNG.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    What the other guy said. Having a new or nova altered AoE would be both fun and useful.
    I disagree that it'd be useful. If you're close enough to mobs that 'Shadow Nova' would be good to use, then there's probably also a melee or a tank in there too, so Mind Sear would be good for that situation.

Does anyone else think it would be cool if Shadow priests got a new aoe ability like a shadow void. To me it kinda sucks that you have to have a mob targeted to use your MF instead of an auto aoe like the other casters. Plus void zones look awesome! Anyone else think this would be cool?
    Target the tank....MS....GG

Deleted
    Honestly i find my spriest aoe fun.
    When you recognise that it is buffed by your empowering shadow, evangelism stacks and possible trinkets (my Necromatic focus?), it's both fun to set up and once you have it buffed its quite easily the strongest aoe in the game, maybe 2nd to swipe.
    Personally, another AOE would over complicate things when in reality you should still be keeping up dots and focusing down.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    I just thought is was a cool idea is all. I see all these bosses using shadowy voids and I thought it would look cool as a Spriest spell. Also consider how many Aoes mages and locks have. It'd be cool to have a ground based AoE like the other casters.
    Yeah because Blastwave, flamestrike and arcane explosion is awesome abilities right?

I'd give my soul for a mind seer like ability.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalek View Post
    Try elemental shaman. You have to target things for flame shock, hope they don't die so fast so that you can fire nova, chain lightning, then target another mob for flame shock, fire nova again.....or you can EQ that I only use on Rag's adds due to knowing where they are going to stack.
    Funny story: My main during most of WotLK and the first tier of Cata was an Elemental Shaman, I know how things roll on them. They have a crapton to do, but it's not like you as a Shadow Priest are just spamming away with Mind Sear. I tend to stack SW:P on at least a couple of targets to force some Shadow Orbs and maintain them. Every once in a while I release them with Mind Blast for Empowered Shadows, all the while maintaining my DoTs on the main target (Cho'gall, Beth Drone, etc.). Sure, Shamans have more to do. But it's not like you can get away with just spamming MS and still do maximum damage, you have to work too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mind Sear is fantastic. We don't need anything else.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

Nope...we don't need another AOE, but I think it would be great if Mind Sear was also an AOE slow, say 50%, while channeled...that would make it effective, in fights that have many adds that can't be melee'd, for mechanics/debuffs reasons. I think it would be a fair thing, since Mind Sear doesn't keep other Dots up, and doesn't contribute to any healing aspect, like other casts.

As for Holy Nova--yes, please, something needs to be done with this spell...either make it viable, or get rid of it, altogether...and, please, please, don't make it drop us out of Shadow!

I guess mind sear is alright but how exactly do you use it against mobs standing away from the tank. Seems abit inconvinient in those types of situations. I do think we atleast need mindsear to have the option of ground targeting like other channeled aoe. That way if you need to target a mob and it dies you can still channel the spell.
    Just a thought.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mind Sear is extremely powerful, and one of the strongest AOEs (in terms of dps) in the game. It also stays on whatever you cast it on, so that it can follow a group of adds if a tank moves. It's unique in this aspect (unless you count the explosion from living bomb), and in some situations, it's extremely powerful and a hell of a lot more useful than any other aoe in the game. In some fights though, it will not be the best choice (like Beth'tilac). Sometimes it's more beneficial to have a targeted, static aoe that a group of mobs will run through, and it's a plus if it slows them. Shadow priests sacrifice that utility for the utility of an aoe that can move and be placed on whoever you deem fit to bear it, and extremely high damage per second.
    ^infraction

Deleted
    With all the respect. This thread doesn't make any sense. Our AoE spell is just GREAT.

Usually, I'm in the top two DPS when doing the zombies and snakes in ZG...

and I'm a healer!

Mind Sear the tank FTW!

I hate having to mind sear as it is id rather not have to do anymore aoe

I just wanna target the ground. :/
    as an option. Maybe a less powerful option.

Read the tooltip on mind sear again..

I like mindsear, but I think it would be cool if when you died you had a shadow angel appear that could do a few last large hits in dps. WeeEeEeE.