Old God speculation

Hey guys, I came across something that to me seems very interesting. The Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron always whispers about another old god and keeps talking about the dark forest. Well in 4.1 there was a subzone in Tirisfal Glades recently named The Whispering Forest (which can be assumed related to the puzzle box whispers), Also in 4.1 the ZA/ZG dungeons were re-released and inside ZG there was a quest that offered a bunch of gems/jewelry as a reward. One thing I noticed about the rewards is that there is one soulbound ring that vendors for 100g, most people would look at that and sell it immediately. The reason I still have it, is that not only when you equip it it's actually visible on your character but also its name, Black Ice. One of the whispers from the puzzle box is that the drowned gods heart is Black Ice, so I think they might be related considering the Whispering Forest and this quest reward were added in the same patch.

Any thoughts about this? or am I just overthinking it

stand in the middle of the mushroom circle in tirisfal glades while wearing this black ice. then report back
    somebody call for d doctor?

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably overthinking, but it's an interesting kind of overthought. For all the faceless ones and tentacles infesting Azeroth right now, there's very little information about the specific nature of the next Old God we will face. Yogg-Saron's influence was felt in virtually every zone in Northrend, but no sign of N'Zoth in Cataclysm so far - not even some Faceless One screaming his name.

N'zoth will be submerged underneath that lake and a huge temple will arise and it will be awseome

All credit for this sig goes to JustintimeSS

Nothing out of the ordinary right now in the Whispering Forest, but I'm gonna wait until that "ritual" thing and see what happens