Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Well, crap, I guess engineer apparently sucks. Been looking an up to date build guide and found a least played class instead. Maybe I'll go back to my spellslinger.
    You give up too easy... Engineer doesn't "suck".
    Here are some up-to-date guides for classes (DPS engi is Drop6 ready, Tank will get done)
    http://forums.enigma-wildstar.com/viewforum.php?f=4

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    Maybe that's why I didn't see it. I am at level 8 or 9, so maybe I haven't gotten that just yet.

Seems a bit silly you can get tank gear before your tank stance...but then again, it's been like that in FF14 for years. That's one of the things I recall Blizz doing right with WoW: Lowbie warriors get most all their basic tank stuff fairly early on. Of course, I state that having not leveled up a warrior tank since...Cata, I think.
    Yeah but in earlier versions of WoW it didn't work that way. Still you would think games have learned from these mistakes by now, but uggh. I could have sworn you got your tank stance before the dungeon now, but I could be wrong. They've changed a lot of the levels to things recently so they may have conveniently forgotten to bump up when you get the tank stance.

- - - Updated - - -

I know there was question about a raid designer leaving for GW2 and it was this guy: http://jasongreynolds.com/resume

Not sure what his specific role was at Carbine, but he seemed pretty integral to the encounter design prior to launch at which point he switched to a marketing position before joining Anet to do GW2 raids. And since I brought up the topic of PvE, if there are any older WoW players you should know that Caydiem (old CM) actually does the Expedition and Holiday content, which is pretty nice too. Cool to see someone picking up experience over the last decade make some good stuff.

Personally I think the small scale content she works on is the best part of the game.
    BAD WOLF

I am impressed with the amount of stuff there is for me to do.

Hell, I had no idea about the whole Omnicore part, till I did the thing that did the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Yep. All tank classes have a tank stance that changes their class ability. I don't know what level they get it at now, but I would hope they moved it up to coincide with the first dungeon now...at like level 10. Just ask any of them having problems if they are in their tanking stance. Whether they own up to it or not, they likely don't even know.
    I think they get it at level 6 but the level up rewards does not tell you til 14 (which was before the level changes and new instance content for low levels I think)
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Yeah but in earlier versions of WoW it didn't work that way. Still you would think games have learned from these mistakes by now, but uggh. I could have sworn you got your tank stance before the dungeon now, but I could be wrong. They've changed a lot of the levels to things recently so they may have conveniently forgotten to bump up when you get the tank stance.
    At that low level it's a shiphand, no? Those don't really need tanks for the most part, if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    At that low level it's a shiphand, no? Those don't really need tanks for the most part, if I remember correctly.
    That's the only "dungeon" I've done so far; I say it that way because it was just me and a friend of mine, so if anything it closer resembled a scenario from MoP era WoW. Soon as he would hit things, he would instantly have aggro unless I leapt in and got 2-3 hit head start...and if it was something that lived longer than 10 seconds, he would catch up and have aggro again (him playing medic, me as warrior). I could've (and probably should've) just rolled in as dps and whirlwinded my way to victory, but I want to get a feel for tanking, since I'm on a possible tank class (and as a veteran of other "holy trinity" games, I always felt tanking was the one I was worst at, so I simply aim to get better via experience).

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    That's the only "dungeon" I've done so far; I say it that way because it was just me and a friend of mine, so if anything it closer resembled a scenario from MoP era WoW. Soon as he would hit things, he would instantly have aggro
    Yeah expeditions (shiphands) are like scenarios. They are not designed to have tanks or healers.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, crap, I guess engineer apparently sucks. Been looking an up to date build guide and found a least played class instead. Maybe I'll go back to my spellslinger.
    Aren't pet classes always the least played?

10+ Year Old Account
    Protostar is the first dungeon at 10. Next up an adventure at 15 perhaps even sooner since storm talon is now 15, Kel'vorath is 20 and so on.

Timetravel is still on Wildstar, fortunately.

It's just a bit clunky is all. If I don't play perfect or close to, a pull can go on for a while.

But when I nail it, stuff melts.

I'm liking my little medic so far. There's something about a chua medic that's all "Heal? No. Kill? Yes."

Just as I was about to post a solid review of the end game content - I can't login to my account.

"Incorrect account name or password"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by badzerath View Post
    Just as I was about to post a solid review of the end game content - I can't login to my account.

"Incorrect account name or password"
    I saw earlier that the authentication servers have taken a crap. Maybe its not fixed yet?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    I noticed engineers all over the place in battlegrounds. If they make it to max level perhaps things will change, who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trying to do the first dungeon, rofl people damage seem to be so low that they can't get past the final boss his enrage.

So yeah....another major fuck up.

Wife has received all of her rewards and her 4 months free. I got nothing. Go figure. They're doing a fantastic job rewarding loyalty. This is getting exhausting.
    oh so its not just me? good to know, cause I opened up a ticket but lord knows when they get back to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Trying to do the first dungeon, rofl people damage seem to be so low that they can't get past the final boss his enrage.
    Yeah, I noticed people had issues with interrupting (thankfully I have one in my healer kit). Honestly, the game does a pretty poor job of actually teaching you how to play it. It will mindlessly bore you with "Here's how to play a videogame!" and the basics of "We have cone attacks and don't stand in stuff!", but beyond that there's not much to teach you about your class specific mechanics etc. Hell, I remember on my medic getting confused that I ran out of focus while healing the first group thing. The game at no point had explained that the little bar that never moved while I was soloing (because offensive abilities don't seem to cost focus, only actuators) was important for healing. I just got "you don't have focus!" messages and the abilities went dark.

If I didn't spend a good 10-15 minutes looking at all my abilities and figuring shit out afterwards I would likely still be confused as hell. I probably am doing a sub-par job with damage/healing (though I get by), but the game really doesn't do much to teach you : /

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah, I noticed people had issues with interrupting (thankfully I have one in my healer kit). Honestly, the game does a pretty poor job of actually teaching you how to play it. It will mindlessly bore you with "Here's how to play a videogame!" and the basics of "We have cone attacks and don't stand in stuff!", but beyond that there's not much to teach you about your class specific mechanics etc. Hell, I remember on my medic getting confused that I ran out of focus while healing the first group thing. The game at no point had explained that the little bar that never moved while I was soloing (because offensive abilities don't seem to cost focus, only actuators) was important for healing. I just got "you don't have focus!" messages and the abilities went dark.

If I didn't spend a good 10-15 minutes looking at all my abilities and figuring shit out afterwards I would likely still be confused as hell. I probably am doing a sub-par job with damage/healing (though I get by), but the game really doesn't do much to teach you : /
    They do have a basic quest now in the first town that asks you for tanks to taunt and pull threat, could be a whole lot more fleshed out personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    They do have a basic quest now in the first town that asks you for tanks to taunt and pull threat, could be a whole lot more fleshed out personally.
    Yeah, games throwing everything you at the very start are bad. That's a horrid way to teach mechanics and systems as it frontloads everything and then expects you to remember it.

I honestly don't know why more games don't take FFXIV's approach and slowly work in teaching players, for example. Starting off with super easy group content solely focused on teaching player roles, followed by moving to basic group combat mechanics/play, and then building difficulty and complexity from there. It's still probably one of the only MMO's I've played that does it right.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how they have that mac trainer quest now. Now if only they had more zones too. Seriously, they still have not opened up the one south of Illium? Almost positive that was open at one point during Beta.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously, give us Dreadmoore and Murkmire back.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.