Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    i so cant wait for this game to come out...

so sic of wow and the changes in 5.4 seal the deal for sub cancellation. please oh please get this game out faster!!!!

at least we have gta5 coming soon...
    Seems like a way long wait =( Even expecting it this year might be too much

as the feedback till now states; they have their setting, they get positive comments on that but they lack at the implementation to make it really fun.

I didn't understand all design they made so far. However the folloing are descriptive enough: [*]you unlock perks through stat points. That way you get some defensive perks if you stack defensive stats. [*]you can build your armor around your need and will have to combine several pieces together to reach the stat setting you want. [*]you have one ability bar and will have to choose between countless skills.

The last thing is the one that disturbs me. I level up, get a new toy and will most likely not use it. Most likely we will see setups like the following:
    1 autohit standard,
    2 big hitters,
    2 aoe or 1 repetitive
    offesive cds and defensive cds.
    and even buffs if you have to carry them around, too.

I'm a bit uneasy about that. GW2 had a weapon swtich methods to gain acces a complete different setup. that way you could swtich between stun/support warrior and greatsword swirl around glasscannon. I mean, i dont want these drastic switches in W*. But I would like more spelloptions. Atlast a second Bar where abilities are set through your stats (instead of skilltrees). That way you would have your specific setup on top to your choosen role.

TL;DR: I'm uneasy about only 1 ability bar...

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    as the feedback till now states; they have their setting, they get positive comments on that but they lack at the implementation to make it really fun.

I didn't understand all design they made so far. However the folloing are descriptive enough: [*]you unlock perks through stat points. That way you get some defensive perks if you stack defensive stats. [*]you can build your armor around your need and will have to combine several pieces together to reach the stat setting you want. [*]you have one ability bar and will have to choose between countless skills.

The last thing is the one that disturbs me. I level up, get a new toy and will most likely not use it. Most likely we will see setups like the following:
    1 autohit standard,
    2 big hitters,
    2 aoe or 1 repetitive
    offesive cds and defensive cds.
    and even buffs if you have to carry them around, too.

I'm a bit uneasy about that. GW2 had a weapon swtich methods to gain acces a complete different setup. that way you could swtich between stun/support warrior and greatsword swirl around glasscannon. I mean, i dont want these drastic switches in W*. But I would like more spelloptions. Atlast a second Bar where abilities are set through your stats (instead of skilltrees). That way you would have your specific setup on top to your choosen role.

TL;DR: I'm uneasy about only 1 ability bar...
    Why do people always assume that the more buttons you have the more fun it must be ?! What happened to playing something without needing piano lessons ?!

I LIKE that WS has so few keys, I can actually look at what's going on the screen instead of watching short buffs, debuffs and following a complicated 7 key basic dps rotation.

because maintaining a challenging rotation on top to that is fun to me. dancing around telegraphed areas and maintianing in autohit range while keeping 3 abilites on cooldown dont sound like that much fun. I have no CBT access, but I think that as long as the game provide things like temporary buffs and debuff, these will be weightened more than sinlge hits in a group play. thus trimming down the space for single hits and needed attention for your own rotation.

They wrote that they dont want challenges just from /dance content. Thats the reason to me to think about more complicated stuff, like combining speels the right way to get combos or whatever while maintaining these dances.. two rows of button (16-20) are in my eyes a good chunk to provide this feature. However, my opinion doesn't have to be true to warrent that the will mkae fun or not...

10+ Year Old Account
    Less buttons = better. I realy hate having 99 skills and then keybind everything so i dont have to click it with a mouse.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Less buttons = better. I realy hate having 99 skills and then keybind everything so i dont have to click it with a mouse.
    This, thats one of the biggest turn offs with wow for me.

come on, I dont want to discuss 10 vs 100. I look for something in between to discuss for. two rows are easy bindable or even some click-able if they only provide things like long CD cooldowns or situational abilites.

two rows of button (16-20) are in my eyes a good chunk

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    because maintaining a challenging rotation on top to that is fun to me.
    1) You took their statement completely out of context. Not 'dancing' means they want to keep the raids fresh, ie with how they change dynamically. They don't want you to learn a choreographed fight that never changes til the end of time. They clarified that in the same interviews they mentioned what you said. This does NOT mean you won't spend a large portion of the fight avoiding their telegraph system.

2) As a clarification of #1, you can clearly see a large focus of combat in this game is the telegraph system. Once you see how it opens up the complexity level of the raids and the dynamic with a group, I'd reign the knees in before the jerk out on you again.

3) Limited action sets allow for more customized play styles and greater variety and dyanmic in the end game content. No longer are developers pigeonholed into specific allowances in their design. It's ok if this fight needs 2 tanks, but the next one needs 1 or if you need more heals on this, or more CC on that, because you will be able to change all of that.

4) To piggyback on #3: Playing your class will require something vastly more intellectual than going to your website of choice, getting the spec they tell you, then following a 'challenging'(LOL) rotation. You will now have to learn every single ability in your arsenal and know when the situations to maximize their effectivesness come up. It allows for more strategies in defeating content, more variety to prevent stagnation, etc. It's Rift's souls without the horrible ability bloat.

Less buttons =/= less challenge. In fact, exactly the opposite.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't CBT3 start on June 19th? If I'm recalling correctly, then that means CBT4 should be starting next week.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Didn't CBT3 start on June 19th? If I'm recalling correctly, then that means CBT4 should be starting next week.
    I believe there will be a weeks down time between the two. I recall them saying CBT releases are on 5 week cycles. 31st July I expect CBT5 to start.

You may be right though, we'll see on wednesday!
    Last edited by mmocd42035da1b; 2013-07-15 at 05:28 PM.

because maintaining a challenging rotation on top to that is fun to me. dancing around telegraphed areas and maintianing in autohit range while keeping 3 abilites on cooldown dont sound like that much fun. I have no CBT access, but I think that as long as the game provide things like temporary buffs and debuff, these will be weightened more than sinlge hits in a group play. thus trimming down the space for single hits and needed attention for your own rotation.

They wrote that they dont want challenges just from /dance content. Thats the reason to me to think about more complicated stuff, like combining speels the right way to get combos or whatever while maintaining these dances.. two rows of button (16-20) are in my eyes a good chunk to provide this feature. However, my opinion doesn't have to be true to warrent that the will mkae fun or not...
    Simple, then this game isn't for you. They're not designing it specifically for you. Nor will they, or anyone else, ever be appealing to everyone. You might want to skip out on this one. Just because it's a new game does not mean you have to play it. I don't play a lot of mmo's because I don't care for the story or combat.

I do respect your opinion and I'm not trying to be rude. But like you said, what may be fun for you may not be fun for everyone else; and may even go against the developer's design intent.

Deleted
    Having a LAS actually allows for more forward thinking and variety to game play. Even though I had 20+ buttons in WoW I never found WoW a challenge to play a class. Once the rotation was learned I could bash it out without thinking and focus on environmental mechanics and the boss mechanics. The style stays the same for months on end with no real variety unless you play a class with multiple viable specs to switch things up a bit.

The LAS system in Wildstar means people will need to adapt their skills sets based on what a fight requires. Due to NDA info and what not, most people don't have access to the skills and what they do. There are multiple layers to a skill than just, 'press button and it does what it says on the tin'. Rotations will still be complex due to secondary resources which they haven't really talked about in much details yet. I'd rather play a game where skill setups and theorycrafting play a larger roll than just press 1-4 in the right order with the occasional CD ability. Having a fight where it is imperative to pick up a healing ability to sacrifice DPS for survivabilty for example. That is exactly what I want to see from the LAS. If you look at it from a cookie cutter perspective, a few months into the game it won't be 'pick x y z for the best spec', it will be 'pick x y z for boss 1, a b c for boss 2' for each individual role. It then gets deeper than that by saying, take 5 pure dps, 3 dps/healer hybrids each with seperate utility cds, an AOE healer, a single target healer, a tank/dps hybrid for weaker adds, aoe tank, single target tank. The list goes on and on and I see a huge potential in the system. It may just fall flat on it's face but right now it looks good and i'd like to see it iterated on more.

In PvP the only issue I can see is a game where it's Rock, Paper, Scissors. You'll have spec 1, spec 2 and spec 3. 1 beats 2, 2 beats 3 and 3 beats 1. That is a very simple way of explaining what I can see happening but you get the general jist.
    Last edited by mmocd42035da1b; 2013-07-15 at 09:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Teaser for race reveal.

*snip*

Please pay attention to NDA's.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-07-16 at 12:28 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Teaser for race reveal.
    More like dead give away. Can't wait to see the movie for this though.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    If only they could be medics..

/sigh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they reveal the last two races and last two classes in it. I've been impressed with all their vids so far so it should be a real hoot.

Does anyone know what this game will be like when you're at the highest level? I've only ever really played WoW and Guild wars 2 but with WoW I found after taking a break I was incredibly far behind. With Guildwars it wasn't too bad because I could just pick it up again, though i ended up with no one to play with and it got boring. Will Wildstar be the same as WoW or more like Guildwars do you think?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by x_Fiona_X View Post
    Does anyone know what this game will be like when you're at the highest level? I've only ever really played WoW and Guild wars 2 but with WoW I found after taking a break I was incredibly far behind. With Guildwars it wasn't too bad because I could just pick it up again, though i ended up with no one to play with and it got boring. Will Wildstar be the same as WoW or more like Guildwars do you think?
    That's how MMOs go. With alot of content, the people who play it a lot will be satisfied but the casuals will feel left out and behind. Without alot of content, the casuals will be satisfied but the people who play it often will get bored with nothing to do.

Imo, MMOs shouldn't cater to the casuals. Casuals don't even play the game that much, heck often they don't even pay as much as the more dedicated players. MMOs, by definition, aren't games for casuals.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    MMOs, by definition, aren't games for casuals.
    How does the definition 'Massive multiplayer online' by definition exclude casuals?