Deleted
    Has anyone got a good video showing off a wildstar raid?

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    I don't think anyone is questioning Wildstars dungeon and raid contents quality. It's pretty obvious from everything we've seen and played that it is great.
    The rest of the game? Not so much.

I wish they were launching with more than 4 lowbie dungeons...

Why don't you count Adventures into that? They're a lot of fun too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    should be easy to find on youtube. go look

10+ Year Old Account
    There are even a couple of guides out there

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think anyone is questioning Wildstars dungeon and raid contents quality. It's pretty obvious from everything we've seen and played that it is great.

Agreed, the raid looks really good and only 4 dungeons is a very bad decision.

Everything else in the game, meh, especially the levelling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neos300 View Post
    Why don't you count Adventures into that? They're a lot of fun too.

- - - Updated - - -

should be easy to find on youtube. go look
    I asked for a good one, a lot of them are pretty shit.

10+ Year Old Account

Adventures has to be counted in there, every 5 levels you get some group play instance from 15 onwards.

The rest is grindy yes regarding quests, it didn't bug me that much if you come from tsw and swtor and expect that leveling of story telling it will.

Should be a few streams of the 20 mans also i think Zybak or something like that has videos up.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or even translating the 'good content' to max level and making it a part of a larger end game instead of abandoning it all for the sake of dailies and raiding. It makes zero sense.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Adventures has to be counted in there, every 5 levels you get some group play instance from 15 onwards.

The rest is grindy yes regarding quests, it didn't bug me that much if you come from tsw and swtor and expect that leveling of story telling it will.

Should be a few streams of the 20 mans also i think Zybak or something like that has videos up.
    Thanks, will check it out.

I asked for a good one, a lot of them are pretty shit.
    Not on youtube but if you want to check some livestream, you can look for Caleb (Calebbb is the page name) on Twitch, the guy raid 20 man quite often. He is a hardcore raider, former officer in Ensidia/Nihilum/Envy on WoW.. I wish he'd have the sound of teamspeak/mumble (whatever they use) open so we could hear their discussion/strat, but otherwise its very good quality with a skilled raider.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Or even translating the 'good content' to max level and making it a part of a larger end game instead of abandoning it all for the sake of dailies and raiding. It makes zero sense.
    Certain dungeon drops will have imbuements that are unlocked and upgraded from solo play.

This was mentioned when people wondered about if they would still follow up on their idea to give solo players a progression tier.

"Game development is about iteration, adaptation, prototyping, designing, redesigning and continually improving. That means things change. Constantly. I literally just did a revamp of Runecrafting and PvP gear, in this month alone. If your expectation is that things will never change, especially in a pre-launch development environment, you will almost always be disappointed.
    That said, we've always had the stance that the most difficult content will have the best rewards, and that's still true today. And will continue to be true for the foreseeable future. The gear from Datascape and Warplots is ...pretty amazing. We've also always said that we'll continue to look out for the little guy who doesn't Raid and isn't into competitive PvP. That doesn't necessarily mean that you'll be getting Datascape-quality Legendary items from doing solo quests, but there will be ways for you to acquire some pretty good rewards (imbuements is one of them; think of getting an item out of a dungeon and then doing a series of difficult quests to power it up to a raid epic - that's imbuements!). And, of course, we already have plans to add more down the line. We are an MMO after all. Gotta earn that sub money."

For more developer quotes of this nature they are pretty active on wildstar central or used to be before crunch time sat in at least. J-tal is one of the developers to look out for as he does most of the overseeing on itemisation and reward structures.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Not on youtube but if you want to check some livestream, you can look for Caleb (Calebbb is the page name) on Twitch, the guy raid 20 man quite often. He is a hardcore raider, former officer in Ensidia/Nihilum/Envy on WoW.. I wish he'd have the sound of teamspeak/mumble (whatever they use) open so we could hear their discussion/strat, but otherwise its very good quality with a skilled raider.
    They did certain guilds were in there 7 days a week pretty insane but guess if you want world first that's the only way to do it even if they mix up things you'll have the tactics down a lot of it comes down to again execution but it's fun to have to think about things again something i missed in WoW.

We only raided once a week so sadly no streams from us yet till launch
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Perfect, thank you. From what I have seen so far it looks like raiding will be fun again.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Certain dungeon drops will have imbuements that are unlocked and upgraded from solo play.

This was mentioned when people wondered about if they would still follow up on their idea to give solo players a progression tier.

"Game development is about iteration, adaptation, prototyping, designing, redesigning and continually improving. That means things change. Constantly. I literally just did a revamp of Runecrafting and PvP gear, in this month alone. If your expectation is that things will never change, especially in a pre-launch development environment, you will almost always be disappointed.
    That said, we've always had the stance that the most difficult content will have the best rewards, and that's still true today. And will continue to be true for the foreseeable future. The gear from Datascape and Warplots is ...pretty amazing. We've also always said that we'll continue to look out for the little guy who doesn't Raid and isn't into competitive PvP. That doesn't necessarily mean that you'll be getting Datascape-quality Legendary items from doing solo quests, but there will be ways for you to acquire some pretty good rewards (imbuements is one of them; think of getting an item out of a dungeon and then doing a series of difficult quests to power it up to a raid epic - that's imbuements!). And, of course, we already have plans to add more down the line. We are an MMO after all. Gotta earn that sub money."

For more developer quotes of this nature they are pretty active on wildstar central or used to be before crunch time sat in at least. J-tal is one of the developers to look out for as he does most of the overseeing on itemisation and reward structures.

- - - Updated - - -

They did certain guilds were in there 7 days a week pretty insane but guess if you want world first that's the only way to do it even if they mix up things you'll have the tactics down a lot of it comes down to again execution but it's fun to have to think about things again something i missed in WoW.

We only raided once a week so sadly no streams from us yet till launch
    They also mentioned they are going to release hour long solo dungeons every month. Raiding will have a story but it'll be kind of a side story and not the games main endgame story. the main story will be presented in these solo dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    They also mentioned they are going to release hour long solo dungeons every month. Raiding will have a story but it'll be kind of a side story and not the games main endgame story. the main story will be presented in these solo dungeons.
    True, raiding will provide some extra information surrounding it all, such as genetic archives does now while the whole story behind it actually plays out in the area around that raid. We also still have another bit of area locked to us where we have to break downthe wall.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    They also mentioned they are going to release hour long solo dungeons every month.
    At the risk of sounding skeptical, these sorts of 'promises' are dished out for every MMO and rarely ever delivered on. We're supposed to willingly accept that they are capable of monthly dungeons, but can't even have more than the limited number after 5-7 years of development when the game launches? I'll take a wait and see approach, because I'm not buying it. No developer gets a magic pass to believability based on anything they say anymore. But hey, if they pull it off then maybe they'll do something special like Rift's updates in their original game or GW2 pacing. There's definitely room to stand out if they pull it off.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    At the risk of sounding skeptical, these sorts of 'promises' are dished out for every MMO and rarely ever delivered on. We're supposed to willingly accept that they are capable of monthly dungeons, but can't even have more than the limited number after 5-7 years of development when the game launches? I'll take a wait and see approach, because I'm not buying it. No developer gets a magic pass to believability based on anything they say anymore. But hey, if they pull it off then maybe they'll do something special like Rift's updates in their original game or GW2 pacing. There's definitely room to stand out if they pull it off.
    Yeah, I am a bit skeptical too, new content every month sounds like a promise they should not be making.

for subscription based games, monthly content additions should be standard

Yeah, I have no reason to trust them either, based on just their words. If I didn't enjoy the gameplay and smooth responsiveness as much as I do, I probably wouldn't have even pre-ordered or played at all when the game came out and took the wait and see approach like I do almost every MMO. I am not a raider so that content will not keep me around, so if they want a prolonged subscription from me, they are definately going to have to deliver alot more then a Island every 6 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    for subscription based games, monthly content additions should be standard
    They should be. I can see a perfectly acceptable argument for a subscription game if they provided that level of service. It doesn't really change that companies can do that with a B2P game, like GW2, but yeah. It will be interesting to see how the chips fall on this game in any case. I think ESO is also 'promising' similar levels of updates and so far the games that come out of the gate saying silly things like monthly updates apart from GW2 just don't do it. Much like the subscription model, they go the way of the dodo within months and the game is then allowed to become whatever it 'truly' can be.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I have no reason to trust them either, based on just their words. If I didn't enjoy the gameplay and smooth responsiveness as much as I do, I probably wouldn't have even pre-ordered or played at all when the game came out and took the wait and see approach like I do almost every MMO. I am not a raider so that content will not keep me around, so if they want a prolonged subscription from me, they are definately going to have to deliver alot more then a Island every 6 months.
    I think this is why my reception of the game swung so dramatically. I'll be completely honest. I have been cultivated into an LFR, take it at my pace, rewarding game experience. It happen in many ways, so I don't need to have accessible raiding, but I'm very much their single player MMO person that they have been vocal about from early on. So to have all of that seemingly tossed under the raid bus, it's a little disheartening. So much potential that I think will be put to the side in the beginning just to get the game launched. Just one reason why I feel it's being rushed, but the game has been in development for a long time and it needs to release.

In the end it's going to have many thing I enjoy in MMOs, so I'll play it eventually...I just don't know that I'll give them the benefit of my money during critical stages for them or even before it goes F2P. My wife might force my hand and I'll be there loving it with everyone anyways, but I don't feel good about the game's longevity in my personal life at this point.
    BAD WOLF

I have been playing beta the past few weekends and have been really enjoying the game.

With the direction WoW has gone treating flight I have already canceled my WoD pre order and moved it to Wildstar.

I read they intend on flying in Wildstar and even that it will be available at level 40. Has any confirmation been made.

Although I am really enjoying the game I do worry about the end game <such is life>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    I have been playing beta the past few weekends and have been really enjoying the game.

With the direction WoW has gone treating flight I have already canceled my WoD pre order and moved it to Wildstar.

I read they intend on flying in Wildstar and even that it will be available at level 40. Has any confirmation been made.

Although I am really enjoying the game I do worry about the end game <such is life>
    http://www.mmo-game.eu/wildstar-q-an...ffney/#vehicle

A dev said that the world is made for flying and they will be in game, not sure when though. Being a Sci-fi game it really would be bad if there was no flying mounts.