10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    I think most people who buy the game will slog through it cause they're already paying, but for people using trial passes or starting a toon on a friends account, I could seriously see them saying "screw it" after about 5 mins. Its really that bad. I had hopes when I first saw it that it was some kind of placeholder for the real starter zone, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
    just for some context, MoP went into beta and allowed players to test Jade Forest for a couple of weeks then it was locked off and redone, and no testing was done on the remake version. first time we got to see it was on release.

now, ive not heard anything about them redoing the starter zones, but ive not been looking very hard either, since im aware that things can change even right up to the official launch. sucks for those people that dont give the game a chance because a beta is not always the final product. but im excited even if others give up too easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea...they're not redo'ing the starting zones - don't even bother with any hope for that.

Hello guys just a question, I want to log In to my NCsoft account (I own GW2 and Aion) from the Wildstar website so I can put my beta key In the redeem code and download the Beta, But It seems I cant I keep getting this Massage:

" We were unable to verify your login. Either your login information was entered incorrectly, or the account system is currently unavailable. Please check the normal downtime schedule and announcements. "

So my question Is , when the servers are down so Is the logging service?

Btw I tripled checked and my Info Is correct

Quote Originally Posted by Keny View Post
    I have no problems logging in from https://secure.wildstar-online.com/login (5 min before this post).

Have you tried here, https://us.ncsoft.com/en/ ?
    That's where I applied my first beta code.
    Last edited by Idoru; 2014-04-18 at 07:22 AM.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Something similar used to happen to me a few months ago when I tried to signup for Wildstar. Apparently a while ago there was some merger or update to NCSoft accounts that I wasn't aware of, which was preventing me from logging into my old Aion account. I ended up creating a new account for Wildstar and later customer support was able to merge my new account with my old account.

Also, I'm pretty sure GW2 accounts aren't linked to the main NCSoft accounts.

Hello guys just a question, I want to log In to my NCsoft account (I own GW2 and Aion) from the Wildstar website so I can put my beta key In the redeem code and download the Beta, But It seems I cant I keep getting this Massage:

" We were unable to verify your login. Either your login information was entered incorrectly, or the account system is currently unavailable. Please check the normal downtime schedule and announcements. "

Got the same problem and my passwort was to long (20 char), I resetted my passwort and changed it to a 16 char one and after that everything was fine.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Got the same problem and my passwort was to long (20 char), I resetted my passwort and changed it to a 16 char one and after that everything was fine.
    20 char password? Madman
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    So since Carbine went ahead and posted the video where Zybak was the last one alive, I thought his newest vid may be worth discussion. I haven't watched it yet (sound will wake up wife) but taking a look at all the arguments on Reddit, I can guess most.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuKOmQVLrHo

He brings up LFG being in the game and that it is mostly pointless due to the difficulty of veteran dungeons. I believe that LFG should be in the game and it benefits us in multiple ways. The biggest benefit is the ability to queue up and go on your way doing your own thing until it pops versus sitting in a city. The other benefit is that if people DO find the dungeons too difficult, it actually helps reinforce community and looking for groups on your server. On top of that, it promotes friending those who you do find good using LFG since you can xrealm dungeons. Speaking of which, did Carbine keep in the prompt at the end of the dungeon for easy friending of other party members?

He brings up latency issues regarding Oceanic players, and this is understandable. The servers actually seem to have decent latency though even if EU/AU. I do wish it wasn't so expensive to host servers there and that teh market is so small, but both of those together are a killer. From content I have done though, it is doable with mediocre latency AS LONG AS it's not spiking (so far only under stress test for the most part).
    I was afraid of this when they mentioned a heavily telegraph based system. There is a reason why old school MMOs just have you standing around, zero telegraphs, lag makes determining positioning very very random.

Looks like this game is dead for me. Throw in the lack of "causal" content, pretty much seals the deal.

Also ... They are having optimization problems? Serious? The game looks barely better than WoW, no modern features (e.g. HDR, complex shaders) and the draw distance is (no offence) shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tortillagirl View Post

As for his distaste of crafting, selecting to craft 100 somethings and going afk in WoW i wouldnt consider fun. That said i wouldnt call wildstar crafting fun either, but its certainly interesting and rewards time/effort spent doing it.
    Crafting I don't think is meant to be fun, what do you think would make it more fun having a mini game or something?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mehow2g View Post
    Crafting I don't think is meant to be fun, what do you think would make it more fun having a mini game or something?
    FFXIV crafting I found fun ...

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't have optimization issues to the extend some are claiming here a lot of the issues were caused by the older UI as most memory leaks were in there, there was also some issues server code wide that did poorly in mass areas that's also been remedied, only certain low ends might continue having issues and it's been improving every patch, stop making an elephant out of every issue just because you dislike the game. I ran the game on various systems it was all fine on my end and i have heard people complain about such issues in chat since a month now.
    The polycount is significantly higher than what you see in WoW and so are the sfx, if you cannot see that while maxing out every option than there's not much more to say and i'll leave you to your moment.

We also already answered your question on solo content, it might be enough it might not be it will be extended upon in the first patch. Up to you to believe that or not but you are sounding like a broken record here.

To kill another myth,
    I play from europe, i raided from europe majority of the bigger raiding guilds are from europe, we had people playing around 200 MS and more at times and it worked. European servers will come in open beta and there we will see. If it isn't an issue in veterans and raids i doubt it will be an issue elsewhere, only oceanics when reaching 300 to 400, personally i sat around the 130 to 200 ms, while generally being used to 20-30 ms and it wasn't an issue or hindered my ability to play.
    Don't need to believe me on this, check this thread you have other guilds echoing my experience. if you're an aussie yes you're getting shafted but that's something you would be used from by now, that's something that's being going on for a decade now and is not only a distance combination but also the government stance on censorship and web filtering.

As for LFG people will have to like it or not learn the content and communicate it, from the start as in when this feature was added it was very clear that they wanted people to communicate about the challenge at hand and not lower it constantly. And actually they did already lower the difficulty of the leveling dungeons quite a bit, the veterans remained untouched to the point they can be done without needing to do silly things like kiting a boss constantly as their debuff would otherwise kill clothies.
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2014-04-18 at 08:59 AM.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    If I pre-ordered from the official website, activated my account and downloaded the game, do I need to get a Beta key from somewhere? Or is my account automatically set up for the future betas?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    If I pre-ordered from the official website, activated my account and downloaded the game, do I need to get a Beta key from somewhere? Or is my account automatically set up for the future betas?
    As far as I know, you do not get beta access from prepurchasing. You still need to get a key for weekend access etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also update your client as a patch was released yesterday, additional changes can be found here
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    On the pre-order page, there's a list mentioning the bonuses you get for pre-ordering:

- Exclusive rocket house
    - Access to beta weekends
    - 3-day head start
    - Exclusive housing trophy
    - In-game storage bag
    - Pre-order title
    - Player name reservation
    - …And more!?

Which is why I'm asking. And thanks for the heads up Acidbaron.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post

To kill another myth,
    I play from europe, i raided from europe majority of the bigger raiding guilds are from europe, we had people playing around 200 MS and more at times and it worked. European servers will come in open beta and there we will see. If it isn't an issue in veterans and raids i doubt it will be an issue elsewhere, only oceanics when reaching 300 to 400, personally i sat around the 130 to 200 ms, while generally being used to 20-30 ms and it wasn't an issue or hindered my ability to play.
    Don't need to believe me on this, check this thread you have other guilds echoing my experience. if you're an aussie yes you're getting shafted but that's something you would be used from by now, that's something that's being going on for a decade now and is not only a distance combination but also the government stance on censorship and web filtering.

As for LFG people will have to like it or not learn the content and communicate it, from the start as in when this feature was added it was very clear that they wanted people to communicate about the challenge at hand and not lower it constantly. And actually they did already lower the difficulty of the leveling dungeons quite a bit, the veterans remained untouched to the point they can be done without needing to do silly things like kiting a boss constantly as their debuff would otherwise kill clothies.
    This is the best thing about the game at the moment people are used to bullshit LFR X-server give Wildstar 6months to a year and people will prefer non-LFR MMO's.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Also update your client as a patch was released yesterday, additional changes can be found here
    The best change:

"Hobo Train - When getting vomited on by a hobo, the icon for the debuff will now properly display."
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    The best change:

"Hobo Train - When getting vomited on by a hobo, the icon for the debuff will now properly display."
    They include WAY too much in their patch notes...I know they are big patches, but still...stuff like that is irrelevant

So my beta key has been expired /cry
    Any Ideas where I can get a new one ?

So my beta key has been expired /cry
    Any Ideas where I can get a new one ?
    I think this will do it. http://www.ign.com/prime/promo/wildstar
    Not sure, haven't been keeping up on these. If it fails, wouldn't hurt to buy the game or ask a friend.