I keep getting a weird occurrence, not sure if it's a bug or not. When i try to place a new item for a costume slot with the stylist, it keeps glitching out. It works eventually, but i don't know why it's doing that.

I had a question, when you buy the game, do you have to prepay for your 2nd month after the free 30 days? Like I believe ESO did?
    3DS FC: 1177 - 7882 - 6112

10+ Year Old Account
    So which crafting profession best goes with Tailoring?

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    whereas in WoD you will have to make your best guess as to when you've got enough gear.
    Raids won't open until a week after launch. By that time, all serious raiders will have BiS dungeon+acessable crafted gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XyroN View Post
    Raids won't open until a week after launch. By that time, all serious raiders will have BiS dungeon+acessable crafted gear.
    Well, top-server raiders, yeah.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I guess the grindy questing to 50 is also meant to filter out Raiders, oh wait... Its popular to hate the questing to 50 even though its a cornerstone of MMO's but if you hate Attunements ooh hell no, look out! That's a cornerstone of MMO raiding! Why would you even play a mmo knowing that its essential to raiding?

Killing Ooondasta 10 times doesn't make you a good raider, just means you slapped it on the ass a couple times.
    Clicking on beer barrels in Twillight Highlands every day to get rep didn't make you a better Raider for spine of Deathwing.
    Doing ShadoPan monestary in 30 minutes didn't make you better at fighting the Sha of Fear.

You know what did make you better at raiding? Joining a Raid and doing the raid. If you didn't have the skills to pay the bills your fellow guildies could recognise it and they would replace you. Attunements don't make you a better raider, in fact these attunements will just keep perfectly skilled raiders from raiding because they don't enjoy doing attunements. Think of that the next time you are trying to pug someone for a half hour to an hour. But you can't feel special about what you do unless less people get to do it.

You can have the raid content because this is your future, once all the raiders who cant play due to a laggy computer are pulled out of the deck, then the ones who can't stand questing, then the ones who can't stand attunements are removed along with the guilds who can't get 20 people going due to attunement thieving Carbine will have to make changes to the format of raiding and then guys like you will go screaming off into the internet looking for another elitist heaven to call home, and that carbine betrayed you and blah blah blah, like usual.
    Best post in the thread IMO, and completely on point. Carbine will eventually kill its own game by catering to an extreme minority and outdated MMO ideas.

A friend of mine said it best and he hates WoW, "W* will be FTP by the time WoD comes out" and I agree with him.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Best post in the thread IMO, and completely on point. Carbine will eventually kill its own game by catering to an extreme minority and outdated MMO ideas.

A friend of mine said it best and he hates WoW, "W* will be FTP by the time WoD comes out" and I agree with him.
    Wildstar isn't trying to cater to everybody, it's probably hoping for a strong niche following that will keep it profitable and allow it to expand and grow the IP and company.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    So when WoD launches, you're not gonna be grinding 5-man heroics to get the necessary gear for downing the next tier of raid content? If you are, it's truly no different.
    Agreed that it is similar. I just have more invested in WoW with over 7 years and a raiding guild that has been together since at least the start of WoTLK so I will be grinding for WoD gear!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post

I think its more an issue of the community trying to proclaim it to be for the "elite." With most anything, repetition and practice will make perfect and eventually break through that barrier to end-game raiding. Although starting you off with a 20m raid and ending it with a 40m will be interesting to see how that plays out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spent ~4 hours in Stormtalon's Lair today. We downed Aethros (the second boss) for the first time and wiped for over an hour on Stormtalon until we called it a day. Best try was 42%. We probably need more gear (I for example only have 1 epic from the adventures and even still have a green helmet), but especially simply more practice. But hell that was fun. All those 5 mans feel like 5 players raids on Veteran difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by XyroN View Post
    And how will they have gotten that BiS pre-raid gear?
    Grinding pre-raid content...
    Not to mention that only speaks for the small portion of the player-base which makes up the top tier raiders who will be that prepared. It won't be the case for the majority of players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milch View Post
    Agreed that it is similar. I just have more invested in WoW with over 7 years and a raiding guild that has been together since at least the start of WoTLK so I will be grinding for WoD gear!

- - - Updated - - -

I think its more an issue of the community trying to proclaim it to be for the "elite." With most anything, repetition and practice will make perfect and eventually break through that barrier to end-game raiding. Although starting you off with a 20m raid and ending it with a 40m will be interesting to see how that plays out.
    Yes, I actually sympathize with the devs vision and respect it, and they're pretty cool guys to be honest. I actually hope it works out for them! Its just the wannabe hardcores on this forum here that make this W* thread annoying to read, so I replied the way I did. :P

Also, for the record. I hate attunements, I am not a shit player, I respect my guildies and I stopped being a loot whore in Wrath. That's in response to those that think attunements are these magical things that weeds out bad players and solves everything. It eventually keeps you from having less raiders overall, think about that for a moment. The only part of the attunement that matters is that Silver dungeon bit really. Everything else is an artificial time waster gate that requires no skill.
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2014-06-17 at 11:26 PM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

=O

Wildstar has 15-day time cards, which works great for me.
    I can't find them online anywhere though except for EU cards. Being Californian, that won't work unfortunately. Might check stores nearby and see what they have next month.

They still haven't fixed the damn bug in crimelords, where the prison guy wont get out of his cell sometimes, which makes completing the adventure impossible. I've only encountered this bug twice in 25+ runs, but it's still pretty freaking annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Wildstar isn't trying to cater to everybody, it's probably hoping for a strong niche following that will keep it profitable and allow it to expand and grow the IP and company.
    That is the feeling I get too. I actually like the guys, so I do hope it works, but I suspect it won't.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    Well, one part of the attunement quest is bullshit, namely the kill 12 different worldbosses part, to get that done you either need to do some 24-30 hours gaming session of no-lifing or you'll be busy with it for longer than a week or two. The worldbosses aren't even hard or challenging, and they don't drop any epics. It's just a massive time-drain.
    Post this suggestion on their forums then sir, it could save them a big part. Or perhaps add in the idea of adding in epic drops or reducing the respawn timer on these bosses.

Also, what is your opinion on the game thus far? What guild are you in? I wanna get carried!

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    That is the feeling I get too. I actually like the guys, so I do hope it works, but I suspect it won't.
    Well I'm on board. I will fully support the game as long as they don't get out of hand, but as it stands now I'm impressed and having fun, and as long as I'm not some type of fluke of a consumer. I think their are plenty of others who feel the same.

So I asked my friends why they quit. It can be summed up with, "I was expecting higher difficulty, not tedious grinding". I agree with them.

I can not advocate enough the fact that the customer support for this game is terrible. My account was compromised about a week ago, obviously not long after the games release. At first I logged in with all my inventory and gear missing, and put in a ticket. 4 days later without a response to my ticket I tried logging in again to find my account banned. Of course I put in another ticket about that, and have just received my first response today. 7 days after the original ticket. I had and still have the wildstar version of an authenticator, I checked my computer for malware with 4 different programs, and my password was never reset via email.

The response I received is that they would not unban the account until they were sure I had cleared my computer of whatever had phished the information. Even though it seems unlikely that is what happened when I have an authenticator. I am wildly frustrated with NCsoft, as I have been with multiple of their other games and I don't know why I thought this one would be any different. I will probably need to wait another 3 days just for them to recieve my email back for a total of 10 days of my free 30 being wasted just waiting for ticket responses. I have unsubbed, I will not sub again.

It is all just a bunch of fetch quests anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    They still haven't fixed the damn bug in crimelords, where the prison guy wont get out of his cell sometimes, which makes completing the adventure impossible. I've only encountered this bug twice in 25+ runs, but it's still pretty freaking annoying.
    I got this bug once, and I believe it was because our group ran way ahead and aggro'd the mobs as they came in. If you hang back with him he should leash properly when the enemy mobs stand in their positions near him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciples View Post
    So I asked my friends why they quit. It can be summed up with, "I was expecting higher difficulty, not tedious grinding". I agree with them.
    Funnily enough, they seem to be trying to reintroduce that vanilla mindset (grinding, attunements, 40mans, proposed elitism etc) that so many people seem to miss and beg for only for people to realize that there's a reason no one makes MMOs like that anymore. Monotonous grinding is boring.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzakid2093 View Post
    I can not advocate enough the fact that the customer support for this game is terrible. My account was compromised about a week ago, obviously not long after the games release. At first I logged in with all my inventory and gear missing, and put in a ticket. 4 days later without a response to my ticket I tried logging in again to find my account banned. Of course I put in another ticket about that, and have just received my first response today. 7 days after the original ticket. I had and still have the wildstar version of an authenticator, I checked my computer for malware with 4 different programs, and my password was never reset via email.

The response I received is that they would not unban the account until they were sure I had cleared my computer of whatever had phished the information. Even though it seems unlikely that is what happened when I have an authenticator. I am wildly frustrated with NCsoft, as I have been with multiple of their other games and I don't know why I thought this one would be any different. I will probably need to wait another 3 days just for them to recieve my email back for a total of 10 days of my free 30 being wasted just waiting for ticket responses. I have unsubbed, I will not sub again.

It is all just a bunch of fetch quests anyway.
    I've heard these stories from others as well. I assume they're just rather busy. NC soft honestly doesn't have the best track record for customer service. I do think it'll improve hopefully as time goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Funnily enough, they seem to be trying to reintroduce that vanilla mindset (grinding, attunements, 40mans, proposed elitism etc) that so many people seem to miss and beg for only for people to realize that there's a reason no one makes MMOs like that anymore. Monotonous grinding is boring.

I think the game is trying to appeal to a slightly more niche crowd (though possible a decent size, not like I have numbers).
    there are bound to be people who quit for these reasons, but I'm sure there are people who will stay. It gives the people who do want it what they want.

That said, it is a bit grindy so far, but combat is interesting and the game is pretty.
    Last edited by sergel02; 2014-06-18 at 02:22 AM.