Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Proof no, not beyond peoples account of leaving due to said exploits and common sense, also amount of people active in Neverwinter post rollback, which to me is evidence enough, proof could only be obtained from data Blizzard and SW, something they would never release anyway.
    neverwinter was broken on day one of open beta.. they even knew about the exploit. Even EA and bioware wouldnt have allowed something like that into swtor if they knew about it.. that says alot imo.

Quote Originally Posted by TranceMonster View Post
    It should just be a sub fee of $10-15 not B2P, fuck that if they know anything just copy WoWs payment method if you're too poor to afford $10-15 a month then something is wrong, fuck B2P and F2P games they all suck.
    dont start the subscription crap up again please .. and being B2P doesnt mean it doesnt have a sub.. it just means there is an initial cost to it which is straight away a deterrent for openly exploting something imo.
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2013-05-27 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    neverwinter was broken on day one of open beta.. they even knew about the exploit. Even EA and bioware wouldnt have allowed something like that into swtor if they knew about it.. that says alot imo.

dont start the subscription crap up again please .. and being B2P doesnt mean it doesnt have a sub.. it just means there is an initial cost to it which is straight away a deterrent for openly exploting something imo.
    you pretty much started it up with the B2P comment..

It should just be a sub fee of $10-15 not B2P, fuck that if they know anything just copy WoWs payment method if you're too poor to afford $10-15 a month then something is wrong, fuck B2P and F2P games they all suck.
    While I can agree with you to some extent I doubt you will see any MMO released in the next few years that isn't free to play in some way.

Deleted
    you pretty much started it up with the B2P comment..
    i was listing ways in which they can prevent the economy from being exploited.. that is one of the ways in which they can limit it.

Really it doesn't matter, as long as the exploit is public for more than a couple of days it's effects is widespread enough to me irreversible without a full wipe/rollback.

Not saying it will happen here, just saying it's the effects of such an exploit if it does happen, which is also why exploiting design flaws is profitable as the punishment rarely is enough to discourage it, especially in free to play games as it's easier to mule and "launder" ill gotten gains.

To use Neverwinter as an example again, people exploiting foundry XP gains in the first couple of days was able to run T2 much faster than everyone else hence made a mint on the AH. Same goes for the bugged gear sets allowing you to one shot everything, smart exploiters would simply hide their gains on alt accounts so even if they got banned it wouldn't matter. Not to mention as I heard most that got banned for the latter was only banned for 3 days and got to keep their profits.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2013-05-27 at 12:45 PM.

Deleted
    im just not going to compare wildstar with neverwinter anymore as i see no point.. it is one of the worst things to happen to mmo's in a long long time. People still supporting it is just crazy imo.

im just not going to compare wildstar with neverwinter anymore as i see no point.. it is one of the worst things to happen to mmo's in a long long time. People still supporting it is just crazy imo.
    I wasn't in the first place, we where talking about exploits and their effects and consequences, if you think exploits and bugs in Neverwinter couldn't happen to Wildstar your really naive.

Deleted
    I wasn't in the first place, we where talking about exploits and their effects and consequences, if you think exploits and bugs in Neverwinter couldn't happen to Wildstar your really naive.
    i think exploits can be found like them most definitely.. but imo there is zero chance they will be handled in the same pathetic way.

i think exploits can be found like them most definitely.. but imo there is zero chance they will be handled in the same pathetic way.
    Probably not, we can't know that for sure though and in the more extreme cases like infinite currency dupes the effects are irreversible in just a day or two due to the fast spread to other players. Which is why such an exploit creates a fucked if you do, fucked if you don't situation for the developer as the only real solution is a wipe.

Rift does not suck. If you like or liked WoW you will like Rift.

There are so many things sleezy about a plain subscription model.

Imo the perfect model is B2P + optional subscription option that comes with perks. Rift will be doing this and it's going to be glorious.

And yes $15 is a lot to a lot of people. That's food for a day for most people like me. If I had to choose between a days meal and renting a video game I already bought , I pick food.
    Last edited by zito; 2013-05-27 at 01:14 PM.

Deleted
    Probably not, we can't know that for sure though and in the more extreme cases like infinite currency dupes the effects are irreversible in just a day or two due to the fast spread to other players. Which is why such an exploit creates a fucked if you do, fucked if you don't situation for the developer as the only real solution is a wipe.
    well dupes on items except maybe materials is going to be pointless anyway as gear doesnt have static stats its all random which also adds to a slow gear / item progression which gives them far more time to "fix" issues.

well dupes on items except maybe materials is going to be pointless anyway as gear doesnt have static stats its all random which also adds to a slow gear / item progression which gives them far more time to "fix" issues.
    Time to fix that big of an issue won't help, the longer the duped currency is in the economy the more it spreads and as such the longer it will take to get rid of it. It just not financially viable to have staff spending that amount of time backtracking which is why both D3 and Neverwinter will have duped currencies remaining in the economy.

Also, dupes are never pointless, if an item is good enough it's worth duping, randomly generated or not. =)

Deleted
    Time to fix that big of an issue won't help, the longer the duped currency is in the economy the more it spreads and as such the longer it will take to get rid of it. It just not financially viable to have staff spending that amount of time backtracking which is why both D3 and Neverwinter will have duped currencies remaining in the economy.

Also, dupes are never pointless, if an item is good enough it's worth duping, randomly generated or not. =)
    what duped currency lol.. duped items sure.. duped currency? i can only think of neverwinter which fucked up that much. low vendor item costs deals with most problems like that anyway

what duped currency lol.. duped items sure.. duped currency? i can only think of neverwinter which fucked up that much.
    And D3, just weeks between them...

While items are easier to backtrack initially over time it causes the same issue though as once items are turned in to currency it spreads like wildfire through other players wallets.

Deleted
    And D3, just weeks between them...
    i dont consider D3 to be a proper mmo.. another pay to win game aswell but fair enough.

i dont consider D3 to be a proper mmo.. another pay to win game aswell.
    Proper MMO nor pay to win has anything to do with it, the effects on the in game economy is the same...

Deleted
    i think being able to spend real money to buy gear in the game has alot to do with how the developer deals with it.

or is it just a coincidence that both games have that feature in the game.

You really think a small MMO that had zero advertising and little to no impact on the genre as a whole was "one of the worst things to happen to mmos"? Really?
    That's like if my local deli went out of business and I called it "the greatest blow to the culinary world, ever felt by man".
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    And yes $15 is a lot to a lot of people. That's food for a day for most people like me. If I had to choose between a days meal and renting a video game I already bought , I pick food.

If it comes down to that, why the hell are you on a computer, on the internet, and why are you even talking about games? Go out and fix your life by getting a better job. Anyone who can't afford $10-$15 a month has other issues they should be worrying about rather then a sub fee. The reality is, people who don't like sub fees are stupid or cheap, simple as that. F2P games have for the most part all been utter garbage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    You really think a small MMO that had zero advertising and little to no impact on the genre as a whole was "one of the worst things to happen to mmos"? Really?
    That's like if my local deli went out of business and I called it "the greatest blow to the culinary world, ever felt by man".
    yes i think the game is that bad.. a difference in opinions. shocking stuff.

i also think is has a massive negative impact on the genre and promotes nothing more than a terrible cash grab system which will only encourage other developers to follow suit.
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2013-05-27 at 01:42 PM.