Am I the only one who thought the WildStar beta was terrible? I literally lasted like 5 min playing, it was so cluttered and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghazan Julio View Post
    Am I the only one who thought the WildStar beta was terrible? I literally lasted like 5 min playing, it was so cluttered and boring.

Yes you are the only one, you're so special.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    I think their problem is they don't know who they are catering to. Their endgame seems aimed at the classic hardcore raider, yet the overall tone of the game is very casual friendly and borderline childish. I just don't see hardcore raiders really getting into the nitty gritty when the game is constantly poking fun at itself and making a big joke out of everything. Hardcore players take their 'craft' seriously, its hard to do that when the game can't even take itself seriously. At the same time it seems there is not much content for the casuals at endgame.
    I am part of a guild with a hardcore line when it comes to raiding, this is our guild website. Now take a guess of how serious we take the whole context of the game

The fun actually comes from that often enough you have mmo's who want to take themselves too serious, generally my feeling about that is that they exist in the wrong genre. It's fine for a single player rpg but often the story in mmo's in general leave much to be desired as there's always some sort of goof in there to lighten the mood. and those who do it well in this day and age with a serious tone i can count on one finger that being TSW.

Hardcore players such as me are not overly interested in the context our highest priority on the list is very much the difficulty of provided content what wildstar delivers on as they promised.

Also regarding the childish comment,

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence....." C.S Lewis.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Deleted
    Anyone know what level you unlock stances? Such as the warriors tanking stance etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I am part of a guild with a hardcore line when it comes to raiding, this is our guild website. Now take a guess of how serious we take the whole context of the game

The fun actually comes from that often enough you have mmo's who want to take themselves too serious, generally my feeling about that is that they exist in the wrong genre. It's fine for a single player rpg but often the story in mmo's in general leave much to be desired as there's always some sort of goof in there to lighten the mood. and those who do it well in this day and age with a serious tone i can count on one finger that being TSW.

Hardcore players such as me are not overly interested in the context our highest priority on the list is very much the difficulty of provided content what wildstar delivers on as they promised.

Also regarding the childish comment,

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence....." C.S Lewis.
    16 hours a week raiding? How do you all have time? Thats as much as a part time job.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Anyone know what level you unlock stances? Such as the warriors tanking stance etc.

- - - Updated - - -

16 hours a week raiding? How do you all have time? Thats as much as a part time job.
    I'm honestly not entirely sure, however I do know you get them before level 20 as that is the first Dungeon (STL/KV).

I strongly believe it is level 15 as that is the first Adventure though.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

I think Stances are always available - there should be an arrow on your R button.

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    I think Stances are always available - there should be an arrow on your R button.
    I believe they changed it so they are unlocked by leveling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Champion View Post
    Ahh thanks for that - hopefully they also changed the button setup. It was silly that you needed to bind keys to the different stances...sorry, this KLK episode is ridiculous and seems to require attention, hope that made sense!

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Champion View Post
    Yeah, they changed it so that you get the DPS one automatically as always, but the tanking one is unlocked around level 15.

Played WoW since about this time in 2005 and now have finally found a game to replace my addiction. Had good fun over this beta weekend on my warrior, cant wait to eventually try out raiding as this will be the clincher as to whether i raid in WoW anymore. Really would recommend anyone sitting on the fence to give this one a go.

Tempted to try this but the game just looks too busy. Would give me a headache I think. Too many spell artifacts, projectile color squares everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekkers View Post
    Tempted to try this but the game just looks too busy. Would give me a headache I think. Too many spell artifacts, projectile color squares everywhere.
    They just added a option (that's currently only in the console, but probably will get a slider soon) to disable other people's spell effects.

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/f...h-notes-32814/

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    They just added a option (that's currently only in the console, but probably will get a slider soon) to disable other people's spell effects.

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/f...h-notes-32814/
    We will need it, it gets mad enough with just my own actions.

- - - Updated - - -

Can I ask what FPS people are getting in the beta? I am getting between 10-15 when I get past the start zones, not that great really.

Can I ask what FPS people are getting in the beta? I am getting between 10-15 when I get past the start zones, not that great really.
    I averaged around 40 FPS in leveling zones, medium settings. Comparatively in WoW I get around 100 fps in 25 man raid environments, mostly ultra settings, vsync off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I averaged around 40 FPS in leveling zones, medium settings. Comparatively in WoW I get around 100 fps in 25 man raid environments, mostly ultra settings, vsync off.
    Damn, means it is a problem my end, I am playing on medium settings and things can get quite jumpy.

Damn, means it is a problem my end, I am playing on medium settings and things can get quite jumpy.
    Try restarting the client, last beta weekend people were getting large fps drops and restarting seemed to clear things up. Also, play in fullscreen (exclusive).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Try restarting the client, last beta weekend people were getting large fps drops and restarting seemed to clear things up. Also, play in fullscreen (exclusive).
    I always play fullscreen, and what do you mean by restarting the client? I played last Beta weekend and it was even worse.

I always play fullscreen, and what do you mean by restarting the client? I played last Beta weekend and it was even worse.
    Closing the game and then restarting it. It's probably not on your end, there have been a lot of players complaining about game performance for the last two beta weekends.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you have fps problems, you should try reducing "render target scale" in video options. switching that from 2 to 1 can just about double the fps.

that is, if you do not already have everything set to lowest possible..

10+ Year Old Account
    Went to go check, but says no realms are available now. Thought there was another weekend this week? Perhaps I messed up my beta access with preordering.

This last patch messed up my FPS quite a bit. Before patch, I would be sitting in between 40-60, with some big dips near any of their flashy shit (oh god, those damn white orbs, glad they're gone). Since the patch, I hovered around 15 in quite a few leveling zones including some high level ones (didn't hit 50, made it to 49 though).