Deleted
    pet class.. although im kinda sad its not a healing class. still happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    pet class.. although im kinda sad its not a healing class. still happy.
    Actually when going threw the spells I saw some support abilities. One of the robots heals periodically from what I remember.

So there is def some dps/support hybrid you could do.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Actually when going threw the spells I saw some support abilities. One of the robots heals periodically from what I remember.

So there is def some dps/support hybrid you could do.
    Sounds like tactician from Rift.

As in, sounds good.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    I hope to god that's not correct. PLEASE DONT RUIN MY FAVORITE CLASS WITH FUCKING PETS PLEASE.
    I'm in the same boat with you. Very interested in the engineer, but not a fan of pet classes. I guess we will have to see how this pets play out and if they are a big part of every possible way to play an engineer. Personally a game that had engineer pets that work well for me is Torchlight 2 and I'm hopeful Wildstar can do something similar.

Deleted
    I'm so looking forward to the medic class, it's going to be awesome. I often thought that it would be cool for an MMO to have a 'physician' class, that could do damage with stuff like "inflict hepatitis" and heal with something like "suture" or "first aid". Yeah, those ideas are a bit shit but you get the idea. If the medic has anything like that at all it'll be sweet.

Damned expectations, why won't you stay down.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazim View Post
    I'm so looking forward to the medic class, it's going to be awesome. I often thought that it would be cool for an MMO to have a 'physician' class, that could do damage with stuff like "inflict hepatitis" and heal with something like "suture" or "first aid". Yeah, those ideas are a bit shit but you get the idea. If the medic has anything like that at all it'll be sweet.

Damned expectations, why won't you stay down.
    Well sorry to tell you this but that's not what this medic is

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by senkyen View Post
    I'm in the same boat with you. Very interested in the engineer, but not a fan of pet classes. I guess we will have to see how this pets play out and if they are a big part of every possible way to play an engineer. Personally a game that had engineer pets that work well for me is Torchlight 2 and I'm hopeful Wildstar can do something similar.
    If the pet is a skill that summons one I'd like to think it'd be possible to have a petless version of the eng just by picking different skills.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    If the pet is a skill that summons one I'd like to think it'd be possible to have a petless version of the eng just by picking different skills.
    Kinda like TL2 engineer...which is fantastic btw. If it is anything like that in an MMO it's going to be my new favorite class.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Kinda like TL2 engineer...which is fantastic btw. If it is anything like that in an MMO it's going to be my new favorite class.
    Had the exact same TL2 idea on the previous page

What I wouldn't like is having a pet like WoW hunter pets which are pretty much all the same, except they have slightly different stats and a few possible set of abilities which differ from your own abilities only by being on a different action bar. This kind of pet don't really make sense for an engineer class. On the other hand many little different pets/gadgets with improbable looks, clunky movements and situational abilities that really reflect the inventiveness of engineers could work really well.

The last 2 classes *spoilers* because they were unofficially revealed a few weeks ago:

Medic which is a cloth dps/healer with staff
    Engineer which is a ?heavy? dps/tank with pets and possibly a ranged weapon.
    Guessing the medic is he one in here at 7:00?

I need a pet class personally. Unless they die fast like the gw2 necro minions.

Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    Guessing the medic is he one in here at 7:00?

I need a pet class personally. Unless they die fast like the gw2 necro minions.
    That might be it, or just a npc

Deleted
    Well sorry to tell you this but that's not what this medic is

They had a few spells like that from the NDA breaking list on reddit. You can find it pretty easy yourself as I'm guessing it's quite forbidden to post it on here.

Also, I wouldn't take you (or anyone) as an authority on the class. It hasn't even been announced yet.

They had a few spells like that from the NDA breaking list on reddit. You can find it pretty easy yourself as I'm guessing it's quite forbidden to post it on here.

Also, I wouldn't take you (or anyone) as an authority on the class. It hasn't even been announced yet.
    Yes I saw them, thee spell names are called sutures and such but the spell doesn't actually work like that. That heal primary threw shockwaves and drones.

Like I said it isn't your traditional 1980's medic. This is a sci-fy afterall.

Deleted
    If I get to run around using spells called gamma rays, suture and field surgeon I'll be ecstatic. I never said I thought the class would be a doctor/physician (which is what I think would be cool) but two or three spells in that vein is more than good enough for me and if the spell list is correct I'll be rolling a medic without a doubt.

Deleted
    If I get to run around using spells called gamma rays, suture and field surgeon I'll be ecstatic.
    I would like to propose a few dps oriented medic abilities including tooltips:
    Sterilize - Burns the enemy with an intense flame. "This will surely kill all the germs, right?"
    Placebo - Place a buff on enemies so they like you better and stop attacking you for a short period of time. Fortunately the buff does nothing
    Acupuncture - Rain needles on your enemies. Area of effect bleed effect. "You really thought oriental medicine would help you?"
    Colonoscopy - "Yes, it does exactly what you think it does". Attack ignores armor.

This is just joking ofc, but judging from what we have seen so far I'm expecting the same level of "seriousness" from Carbine.

Deleted
    Coming up with spells for a class like that would be so much fun, your first one kind of reminds me of the warlock imp's ability "cauterize master" on WoW (although that one is a self burn for a little damage and then causes a healing over time).

I like the placebo idea too, but imagine if it was a nothing buff you cast on yourself that just absorbs the first dispel someone cast on you, awesome.

Few more abilities a class like that could have:
    Infect - Infect the target with a rusty needle, causing x damage over y seconds.
    Sedate - Sedates the target, causing them to sleep for x seconds (potential for lols in the animation for this one).
    Adrenaline injection - some type of self buff that causes increase in speed/damage.

Where is our e3 info

damn it carbine!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Coming up with spells for a class like that would be so much fun, your first one kind of reminds me of the warlock imp's ability "cauterize master" on WoW (although that one is a self burn for a little damage and then causes a healing over time).

I like the placebo idea too, but imagine if it was a nothing buff you cast on yourself that just absorbs the first dispel someone cast on you, awesome.

Few more abilities a class like that could have:
    Infect - Infect the target with a rusty needle, causing x damage over y seconds.
    Sedate - Sedates the target, causing them to sleep for x seconds (potential for lols in the animation for this one).
    Adrenaline injection - some type of self buff that causes increase in speed/damage.
    No offense, but I hope they don't do anything like this. It's very blunt and not attractive for sci fi or an MMO setting in general. Especially not with this aesthetic. Additionally it wouldn't fit with their current text standards...that we know of >.>
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    No offense, but I hope they don't do anything like this. It's very blunt and not attractive for sci fi or an MMO setting in general. Especially not with this aesthetic. Additionally it wouldn't fit with their current text standards...that we know of >.>
    Yeah.

I prefer healing nanomachines, cauterizing beams, and stuff like that
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is our e3 info

damn it carbine!
    Probably not going to get any drops till late late tonight or sometime tomorrow.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.