Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    What about craft changes? Rune changes? I've got a lot of tokens in my mail, also my helmet, shoulders and weapon disappeared for some reason.

A very big problem of Wildstar, IMO, is lack of knowledge bases, wiki articles and stuff like that.
    Or maybe I am spoiled by WoW, GW2 and FF14, who knows.
    They basically removed gear from the game that was impossible to balance. Go to a city guard and ask them for the Master Crafter, it will put a ping on your map where to find them. Trade them the tokens, the one in academic circle is especially hard to find since their name is up in the roof and you can't see it. It is a mordesh female. Trade your tokens in for gear. Then go to the rune crafting station, there should be a shack right next to it with a few red box like machines called 'rune exchange' where you exchange the rune tokens for runes. I would suggest watching the video posted on the previous page which details how to rune gear before you actually try to rune the gear and 'ruin' it or waste runes. If you had any crafted gear they basically gave you back all the crafting mats. empty your mailbox, put the gear on and go have fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Also they removed all the pvp crafted gear and I noticed there was no ability to make cloth anymore. So you won't have them in your tech tree anymore. I use to have 5-6 levels of bonuses to crafting but now I have 2 and I had to pick the bonus I wanted. You basically lose any points you may of built up by completing the tech tree for recipies that were removed. You may have to start over again for the most part but the good news is they gave you mats back to get the ball rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Also they removed all the pvp crafted gear and I noticed there was no ability to make cloth anymore. So you won't have them in your tech tree anymore. I use to have 5-6 levels of bonuses to crafting but now I have 2 and I had to pick the bonus I wanted. You basically lose any points you may of built up by completing the tech tree for recipies that were removed. You may have to start over again for the most part but the good news is they gave you mats back to get the ball rolling.
    I get it, thanks.

Also, is there a good source for actual builds? I used ws-base.com, but it looks like there is little to no updates there - at least on Engineer damage dealer builds.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

I don't know from the other classes, but the official forum has some up-to-date Stalker build guides.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    -Lack of healers. I don't think healing would be enjoyable in this game (only ever healed the level 10 dungeon, not got a healer high enough level to try it properly), pugs would be a nightmare to heal. My friend who started in F2P healed the first 10 man, then firmly stated that he would DPS the remaining dungeons (he always heals, in all games).
    I also heal in every MMO I've played. Never again in Wildstar. Ever. Looks like I'll be soloing it up any time I play this game.

I get it, thanks.

Also, is there a good source for actual builds? I used ws-base.com, but it looks like there is little to no updates there - at least on Engineer damage dealer builds.
    The biggest problem right now is a lack of knowledge on almost anything. Back in 2014 there was a lot of good information by theory crafters and then there was a mass exodus and a lot of system changes right up to drop 6. A lot of people are still trying to figure it all out again. There is a website called red velvet ninja which will give you 'adequate' guides. I can't speak for all classes. The best guides I have found on classes have been on the wildstar forums, but you really have to look for them and they could be in a 150 page thread that is in bits and pieces.

- - - Updated - - -

There are no dungeon guides but there really needs to be, because the dungeons are more like wow raids. In any dungeon for FFXIV you can go to youtube and pull up a great guide, not so for wildstar. There is barely any information out there to help you acclimate to the game better, and if it is it is entirely out of date. I watched a guide yesterday on pvp and it was all about sprinting ahead to nail objectives before the enemy could react but that has since been fixed because the control points can't be accessed until enough time has passed that the enemy is firmly in defencive positions.

Deleted
    Still unsure about the game ? Wildstar F2P in under 3 minutes

Also, WTF is Partial Primal Pattern? Have a lot of them, but fail to find a trader which wants them.

Also, WTF is Partial Primal Pattern? Have a lot of them, but fail to find a trader which wants them.
    I know they were needed to get into raiding as part of the lock out, but don't think so anymore. There is a trader where you get contracts that will exchange them for a purple mystery bag. They also sell for about 17 gold each on entity last I remember.

Reinstalled Wildstar. Saw that Espers can move and use Telekinetic Strike now. Felt amazing.
    RETH

Deleted
    Awesome cosmic reward mount

ah wildstar, still a funny game, as it was on beta, shame is extremely laggy on nights and you only have 2 chars slots

Also also, mounts and pets are account bound or not?

I know they were needed to get into raiding as part of the lock out, but don't think so anymore. There is a trader where you get contracts that will exchange them for a purple mystery bag. They also sell for about 17 gold each on entity last I remember.
    Where is that trader?

Where is that trader?
    I bought a bunch of $5 wildstar boxes with a gamestop card I got for xmas, each one gave me a shot at one of the mounts or costumes. I had a duplicate mount and sold it for 11 plat +2.5 plat for extra pieces. You can mail them, trade them and sell them so long as you don't use them.

I dont know where they are on dominion side but for exiles the vendor is where you get your contracts across from all the copters that fly you directly to other leveling zones. He should be along the back wall standing by himself, just check all of the npc vendors there. I can't remember if it was a lopp or not.

- - - Updated - - -

mind you 15 of those partial patterns=minor rewards, like dyes. 30 patterns=mounts or costumes. Look for drop 4 notes, they describe everything you can get. You may want to aim for 30.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some items are claimable through the account inventory, but individual acquisition of items like pets in the world are character bound just like WoW circa 2004. Big ol' frownie face at that.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    So what is the deal with the two slots? I've got like six different characters running right now. Is that a temporary thing?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Some items are claimable through the account inventory, but individual acquisition of items like pets in the world are character bound just like WoW circa 2004. Big ol' frownie face at that.
    I can say nothing but "meh" at that. Was wondering if I can get my Exile a Dominion bike, if I level up a dominion character. Well, fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    So what is the deal with the two slots? I've got like six different characters running right now. Is that a temporary thing?
    If you have ever bought the physical copy (which sells for $5 at gamestop) you get more than enough slots. If you have ever subscribed you get more slots and that includes time bought with credd in game, you get more slots. If you are just playing f2p then you have 2 slots. I may be wrong but I think if you ever buy anything you get more than the 2 slots.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have ever bought the physical copy (which sells for $5 at gamestop) you get more than enough slots. If you have ever subscribed you get more slots and that includes time bought with credd in game, you get more slots. If you are just playing f2p then you have 2 slots. I may be wrong but I think if you ever buy anything you get more than the 2 slots.
    I did the prepurchase thing and I've got a couple of toons while each of my kids have their own. I see the get more button option in character selection but it keeps moving down one more whenever I create a new toon.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe people who have only created one toon think they only get two characters because it just looks like they do?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I did the prepurchase thing and I've got a couple of toons while each of my kids have their own. I see the get more button option in character selection but it keeps moving down one more whenever I create a new toon.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe people who have only created one toon think they only get two characters because it just looks like they do?
    I think people who have never bought anything only get 2, if you even buy with omnibits ingame you get bonuses. Where they are really stingy to f2p people is auction house slots. Like 2 or 4 slots just won't cut it for someone trying the game. I had 14 slots with the box set, 40 after I picked up the $5 boxes which made me subscribed until april.

Deleted
    Think it was just a dig at the game, can get extra chars even if you have not spent a penny on the game......just by playing