Man, I really like the graphic style in Wildstar now after watching TB's video. It's not annoying to look at, it's not dark and ugly, It seems like it's easy on the eyes.
    I was hyped for Wildstar, I'm now even more hyped.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    It's sort of inevitable due to the website that we are on as well.
    That is true, but it's been taken to a far greater extent. For example, if you've experienced 40 man raiding in the past, you can comment on why you think it will or will not work. The problem is that it's going much further than that. Instead people are bringing up how it worked in WoW and why it will or not work because of WoW. Then there's the comments of "it's going to be just like WoW" in this aspect or that aspect. It doesn't have to be that way. You can discuss features without dragging another game into the discussion or constantly making comparisons to it despite the fact that the genre has expanded well beyond that particular game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Man, I really like the graphic style in Wildstar now after watching TB's video. It's not annoying to look at, it's not dark and ugly, It seems like it's easy on the eyes.
    Yea, it's polished and cartoony. MMO's that go out for more real looks like GW2 don't very much appeal to me.

---------- Post added 2013-04-14 at 06:31 PM ----------

Lets not forget that this game has potential for spaceship combat, wich would be just awesomesauce.

Also, LOOT PINATA'S!

Have to agree, I really like the more cartoonish art style.

OT: Your signature got me for a sec lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hjelpen View Post
    Have to agree, I really like the more cartoonish art style.

OT: Your signature got me for a sec lol
    That's why it's there. It gets me a couple times day too though because these annoying little flys come in my room and dance along my monitor, and the only way to get them to leave is to turn off the monitor, open my door, and turn on a lamp outside my room.
    I wish the absolute worst death imaginable to those little fuckers.

On topic: I really like the soldier, explorer, settler thing they have going on. They have these dynamic events or areas that are specifically made for what you pick.
    I think the soldier would be kind of boring. That's just me though, I don't like fighting NPC's all that much. I'm deciding on explorer, or settler(havnt seen any footage of settler yet, but it looks interesting).
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2013-04-14 at 07:46 PM.

Deleted
    That's why it's there. It gets me a couple times day too though because these annoying little flys come in my room and dance along my monitor, and the only way to get them to leave is to turn off the monitor, open my door, and turn on a lamp outside my room.
    I wish the absolute worst death imaginable to those little fuckers.

On topic: I really like the soldier, explorer, settler thing they have going on. They have these dynamic events or areas that are specifically made for what you pick.
    I think the soldier would be kind of boring. That's just me though, I don't like fighting NPC's all that much. I'm deciding on explorer, or settler(havnt seen any footage of settler yet, but it looks interesting).
    Dont forget the scientist.
    But, with my OCD, i wont pick anything else for my planned Draken Warrior but Soldier (cause Draken are made to kick ass, duh). I just wouldn't dare. Even if I like the Settler idea better, il pick the soldier.
    Maybe for a settler i'd select a castellan esper or whatever... (namecheck?)

I'm also interested in wich faction you guys are more interested. Dominion for me. Too much playing the good guys in WoW, have to try something else. And i just love the snobbish looks and voice of that Dominion history guy. Conquer the galaxy in style, i like it!

OT: That bug has gotten me sometimes too. For your problem tough, i'd say get some repellent and use it around the computer and it should work.

I really can't wait for this game to come out or get the play the beta. From what I've seen/heard so far imo its going to be really successful theres just something about it that makes me think it could be the next big MMO right next to WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charecters View Post
    I really can't wait for this game to come out or get the play the beta. From what I've seen/heard so far imo its going to be really successful theres just something about it that makes me think it could be the next big MMO right next to WoW.
    Yea, it has that weird life to it and it's backstory that makes it compelling. GW2 and SWTOR didnt really had it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is part 2.

Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Was gonna avoid this game completely until I found out there is 40man raids coming, can't dam wait now and same with my guild, we miss the 72 man raids of Everquest, all we have had more recently is 10s 20s and 25s kinda far from having that "epic" raiding feel.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Here is part 2.
    The more gameplay I see, the more I can't wait to abandon everything to play this.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post

Yes, in case you didn't know Wildstar has normal and heroic mode raids.

And no, having normal and heroic mode doesn't feel like doing the same boss twice, because regardless of whether or not there is normal and heroic mode (or just 1 mode, or even if there's 100 modes), you still only beat the boss once a week. So regardless of whether there is 1 difficulty or 100 difficulties, if there's 10 weeks between tiers, then you kill Ragnaros 10 times. Thus, the number of difficulty levels does not contribute to the feeling of repetition. The feeling of repetition is solely determined by the number of weeks between tiers.
    Wildstar does not have normal and heroic mode raids, check again.

---------- Post added 2013-04-14 at 07:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    In classic wow - you were not even progressing at all until a NEW raid was introduced. So you spent half a year in the same content. As opposed to spending 3 months in normal and 3 months in heroic modes.

Code:
    Month  Vanilla   Now
    1      normal    normal
    2      normal    normal
    3      normal    normal
    4      normal    heroic
    5      normal    heroic
    6      normal    heroic
    7      new raid  new raid
    And you are basically saying that "vanilla" was/is better.

Look above.

No. In both models you stay in one place the same amount of time. Only in current WoW's model there's more variety to the place.

P.S. To give you a real perspective. BWL was released after 8 month from MC, AQ40 was released after 5 month from BWL, Naxx was released after 6 month from AQ40. BT - 5 month after BC release, Sunwell - wait for it - 10 months after BT.
    The problem with your little chart is that in month 4 of old-school wow, you would get a new raid not keep on the same one. For example, they released Black Temple before anyone had even completed Tempest Keep in BC. There was not a 3 month wait as you claim. Those ridiculous gaps in content only came after Blizz went to ez-mode raiding and people facerolled it in a couple weeks and Blizz was left with their pants down and no time to get the next tier ready.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Summary of our discussion so far.
    Exclusion as a point of design was my talking point. Not how raids come to that exclusivity. Which can include difficulty, yes. Or maybe not!

Though that still is of no bearing to my original post.

To wit~
    Perhaps the idea of having 10 and 20 man only guilds for raiding is lowly. Perhaps there should simply be, raiding guilds. Not guilds that happen to raid when the reset happens by course.

Rift has separate and unique 10 and 20 man raids. With each instance being a discrete zone. Some have hard modes as well, yes.

Accessible raiding is counter to the idea of raiding in itself as a point of design. The entire premise is built on exclusion.

For example, is it OK that raids must require 500 players (which is hard to gather), but a mostly a cakewalk once you have 500 players?[
    Yes, it is okay. And there have been raids like that in the past! Like 250 man raids which required hundreds of repeat kills. And even some raids which required nearly an entire server population over 500 persons. Where the challenge itself was mostly the logistics.

It is not important how difficult a raid environment is [which you insisted on interjecting in your reply to me], but that raiding itself as a point of design is counter to accessibility.

The fact one can't raid for whatever reason from attunement, logistics, one time events, faction control or difficulty is the entire point of a raid by design. That is the impetuses to raising a raid; to overcome an otherwise impractical task. A raiding guild, not 10 or 20 people who show up on Tuesdays.

There is no "trivializing" 20 and 40 man content here. That is not even being discussed by me. So if you want to continue with such an imaginary argument in mind that is your own business.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    The problem with your little chart is that in month 4 of old-school wow, you would get a new raid not keep on the same one.
    BS, you obviously didn't do any serious 40-man raiding in classic WoW.

And I already provided you with time gaps between raids in wow. it was 8 months before BWL was released.

For example, they released Black Temple before anyone had even completed Tempest Keep in BC. There was not a 3 month wait as you claim. Those ridiculous gaps in content only came after Blizz went to ez-mode raiding and people facerolled it in a couple weeks and Blizz was left with their pants down and no time to get the next tier ready.
    BC is not Vanilla WoW, BC had 25 raids (bar Karazhan and Zul'Aman). And even said that - BT was released 5 month after TK, the fact that not everyone completed TK by that time is irrelevant. In part because more people were able to raid due to raid size decrease. All serious raiders (for whom 40 mans are created in WS) were already thru it. They wanted moar. They were sick of doing SSC, TK, Hyjal over and over again. And the more important thing is - you HAD to got thru SSC TK and Hyjal to even set foot in BT with fair chances to not die on the first boss.

If you look at the MoP - current wow. First tier of raids was released on october 2, second tier was released on March 5. 5 months apart. 5 month people were doing the same content but in 2 varieties.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    The more gameplay I see, the more I can't wait to abandon everything to play this.
    The good news is since they aren't antimod, someone will be able to make a combatmode mod.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

BS, you obviously didn't do any serious 40-man raiding in classic WoW.

And I already provided you with time gaps between raids in wow. it was 8 months before BWL was released.

BC is not Vanilla WoW, BC had 25 raids (bar Karazhan and Zul'Aman). And even said that - BT was released 5 month after TK, the fact that not everyone completed TK by that time is irrelevant. In part because more people were able to raid due to raid size decrease. All serious raiders (for whom 40 mans are created in WS) were already thru it. They wanted moar. They were sick of doing SSC, TK, Hyjal over and over again. And the more important thing is - you HAD to got thru SSC TK and Hyjal to even set foot in BT with fair chances to not die on the first boss.

If you look at the MoP - current wow. First tier of raids was released on october 2, second tier was released on March 5. 5 months apart. 5 month people were doing the same content but in 2 varieties.
    You don't know know what you're talking about. I didn't say 'everyone' hadn't completed Tempest Keep, I said no one had completed it when they released BT. Yes thats right, BT was released before the world first kill on KT had even happened. So there was actually an overlap of content, not a gap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I'm not so sure myself. The last five years have ended up being one disappointment after another. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but I've become pretty cynical, gaming wise. Especially when it comes to mumorpugers.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You don't know know what you're talking about. I didn't say 'everyone' hadn't completed Tempest Keep, I said no one had completed it when they released BT. Yes thats right, BT was released before the world first kill on KT had even happened. So there was actually an overlap of content, not a gap.
    And that had nothing to do with attunements and rep grind, right? You could not just start raiding in Early BC, you had to go thru grind to unlock heroics (revered, several factions? they later changed that to honored), then you had to do long quest chain to go into Karazhan, then long quest chain to go to SSC, then long quest chain to go to TK, then long quest chain (and vials from Vash and Kael) to go to Hyjal, then attune for BT.
    The content was there all the time. You just could not do it right away.

Also BC 25m raids were really hard, initially.

Karazhan was downed in two weeks after BC release
    Gruil - a week later
    Magtheredon - another 3 weeks later (end of February 2006)

SSC was started mid February - a month after BC release, though it was available almost at release.
    SSC was finished 1.5 months later (29 march, Vashj).
    TK was started mid-march (a month later than SSC, though BOTH raids were available)
    TK was finished end of may - 2.5 months (Yeah it took THAT long compared to latest achievements, and it's only 4 bosses). 10 days after BT release - and they didn't even do Hyjal yet.

Also BC had overlapped tiers too. Tier 6 was partially available along with tier 5 and tier 4. Tier six had gaps. And only tier 6. So really BC is a unique thing.

Anyway its BC not vanilla. In vanilla there was no (artificial) overlap. Between the world first Ragnaros kill and release of BWL - 2.5 months have passed.
    Nafarian world first - AQ40 - 3 months
    C'htun world first - Naxx - 4.5 months
    Kelthuzad world first - BC - 4 months
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

And that had nothing to do with attunements and rep grind, right? You could not just start raiding in Early BC, you had to go thru grind to unlock heroics (revered, several factions? they later changed that to honored), then you had to do long quest chain to go into Karazhan, then long quest chain to go to SSC, then long quest chain to go to TK, then long quest chain (and vials from Vash and Kael) to go to Hyjal, then attune for BT.
    The content was there all the time. You just could not do it right away.

Also BC 25m raids were really hard, initially.

Karazhan was downed in two weeks after BC release
    Gruil - a week later
    Magtheredon - another 3 weeks later (end of February 2006)

SSC was started mid February - a month after BC release, though it was available almost at release.
    SSC was finished 1.5 months later (29 march, Vashj).
    TK was started mid-march (a month later than SSC, though BOTH raids were available)
    TK was finished end of may - 2.5 months (Yeah it took THAT long compared to latest achievements, and it's only 4 bosses). 10 days after BT release - and they didn't even do Hyjal yet.

Also BC had overlapped tiers too. Tier 6 was partially available along with tier 5 and tier 4. Tier six had gaps. And only tier 6. So really BC is a unique thing.

Anyway its BC not vanilla. In vanilla there was no (artificial) overlap. Between the world first Ragnaros kill and release of BWL - 2.5 months have passed.
    Nafarian world first - AQ40 - 3 months
    C'htun world first - Naxx - 4.5 months
    Kelthuzad world first - BC - 4 months
    The point isn't about what vanilla did vs what TBC did. Its about the pros and cons of multimode raiding. The model that you just outlined for TBC is to me an ideal model with constant, unique progression for both bleeding edge and more casual players. There was literally always something new to do for the entire expansion. The facts that T4/T5/T6 were all being raided at the same time by guilds in various stages of progression is great game design. Content does not become old and obsolete as soon as the next patch hits the way it does now. I hope Wildstar adopts that model.