Quote Originally Posted by athlonmax View Post
    Or Cylon: By your command lol

How will you guys approach this when it's released? power leveling with a hardcore guild and try all the elder game contents?
    Or just play it casually with friends,experimenting all different classes,paths and such?

I probably will go for the latter since my friends are not really a hardcore raiders and the guild i'm in at the moment will take it slowly enjoying the game.
    I PvEd in WoW @ a Top 50 world level for years and am not doing that again in Wildstar, I'm probably going to be leveling with a guild I joined on Wildstar Central that's got some high rated pvpers from WoW in it like myself, most likely just going to be level 3-50 from BGs only with my real life friends and some people from the guild I joined doing premade bgs to cap, then when I hit cap me and my friend are going to do the soldier paths together as we both don't like the other paths that much.

Most likely just playing this game for high level pvp and might pug raids like I use to do back in BC (got glad 3 times in BC when I didnt raid)

How will you guys approach this when it's released? power leveling with a hardcore guild and try all the elder game contents?
    Or just play it casually with friends,experimenting all different classes,paths and such?

I probably will go for the latter since my friends are not really a hardcore raiders and the guild i'm in at the moment will take it slowly enjoying the game.
    If gw2 has taught me anything it's fuck rushing to max level.

Deleted
    That must be an npc. Mechari are bigger than humans but not THAT big.

If the history of MMOs has taught us something it's to rush to max level and exploit any and all design flaws to the max, also being max level gives you a financial advantage if the game has an AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    If the history of MMOs has taught us something it's to rush to max level and exploit any and all design flaws to the max, also being max level gives you a financial advantage if the game has an AH.
    except how do you know the price of things in a new mmo lol

10+ Year Old Account

Mhm might take it slow to max level. Mainly just going to do solo content and 5-mans since my useless work schedule won't allow me to attend raids 100%
    and thank god for LFD for 5-man, If SWtoR taught me anything It's that I don't want to spends hours spamming the shit out of the general channel for a group. :3

Deleted
    i have total faith in carbine to not break the economy.. i think they will also take action against any exploits straight away too. im sure i saw them say they favoured having realm and not region wide economies.. which is already +1 imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    i have total faith in carbine to not break the economy.. i think they will also take action against any exploits straight away too. im sure i saw them say they favoured having realm and not region wide economies.. which is already +1 imo
    As long as they don't have the economy tied into a cash shop(neverwinter). They can simply remove all gold in game if there is some serious exploit/dupe going on, instead of doing a roll back or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by TranceMonster View Post
    except how do you know the price of things in a new mmo lol
    You don't have to know the prices of anything, if you are in a position to get items few others can you can dictate the price, as you can do that you will gain welth faster than most others and as such can manipulate the market on other items.

It's really not a hard concept.

---------- Post added 2013-05-27 at 11:57 AM ----------

Exploiters have made a mint in every MMO I know of so far, doubt this one will be any different.

---------- Post added 2013-05-27 at 12:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    They can simply remove all gold in game if there is some serious exploit/dupe going on, instead of doing a roll back or something along those lines.
    They can if they want their game to die, if you mean only duped/exploited gold, no they can't. Blizzard stated that they wouldn't be abel to get rid of all duped gold in D3, SW claimed to have got "most" of the duped AD out of th economy, any such exploit spreads the currencies to fast through hundreds of thousands of transactions including most if not all characters within just a day or two, it's just not viable to track down each and every transaction.

Edit: Such economy breaking exploits that we seen recently in D3 and Neverwinter puts the developer in a fucked if you do fucked if you don't situation as the only real way to fix all influences of it is to wipe the economy and start over (or spend insane resources reverting every transaction made, including legit once with fractions of duped currency in them).
    Last edited by Redblade; 2013-05-27 at 12:05 PM.

You don't have to know the prices of anything, if you are in a position to get items few others can you can dictate the price, as you can do that you will gain welth faster than most others and as such can manipulate the market on other items.

It's really not a hard concept.

---------- Post added 2013-05-27 at 11:57 AM ----------

Exploiters have made a mint in every MMO I know of so far, doubt this one will be any different.

---------- Post added 2013-05-27 at 12:00 PM ----------

They can if they want their game to die, if you mean only duped/exploited gold, no they can't. Blizzard stated that they wouldn't be abel to get rid of all duped gold in D3, SW claimed to have got "most" of the duped AD out of th economy, any such exploit spreads the currencies to fast through hundreds of thousands of transactions including most if not all characters within just a day or two, it's just not viable to track down each and every transaction.
    I see, I never really used the AH in WoW to make gold lol.

Deleted
    is blizzard carbine.. just because blizzard doesnt.. doesnt mean it cant be done. I totally agree with enjeh aslong as the cash shop isnt tied into the economy then its a big start, next is making sure its server wide economies (much easier to control), B2P game with perm bans, along with roll backs if exploit is found and its game breaking. lots of things they can do if they want to do it.. they have pretty much done everything right so far imo so i see handling the economy to be no different.

is blizzard carbine.. just because blizzard doesnt.. doesnt mean it cant be done.
    Look at my edit above, it's just not viable to backtrack and fix such an exploit, no matter what developer is in charge, you simply have to find those before it's to late.

Edit: By fix I mean remove any and all effects the exploit had on the economy, not fix the actual exploit which isn't an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    I meant all gold, even legit players.
    They could just remove it to a certain amount tho, there is no point in not doing it if it's just within a month of the game release.
    Blizzard did something similar during the beginning of Vanilla right? due to gold sellers or am I remembering wrong?

Deleted
    Look at my edit above, it's just not viable to backtrack and fix such an exploit, no matter what developer is in charge, you simply have to find those before it's to late.
    im sorry but no.. this isnt like neverwinter when they knew about the exploit in closed beta yet let it happen for weeks in open beta only to do a small rollback. Things can be done and just because some developers have chosen not to do it doesnt mean much tbh.

They could just remove it to a certain amount tho, there is no point in not doing it if it's just within a month of the game release.
    Blizzard did something similar during the beginning of Vanilla right? due to gold sellers or am I remembering wrong?
    that way years ago too.. wildstar even has dedicated teams working on just one thing. the economy.
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2013-05-27 at 12:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    is blizzard carbine.. just because blizzard doesnt.. doesnt mean it cant be done. I totally agree with enjeh aslong as the cash shop isnt tied into the economy then its a big start, next is making sure its server wide economies (much easier to control), B2P game with perm bans, along with roll backs if exploit is found and its game breaking. lots of things they can do if they want to do it.. they have pretty much done everything right so far imo so i see handling the economy to be no different.
    Well from what my experience thought me, there are always will a gold sellers or farmer whatnot in any MMOs that has been released recently. Maybe carbine can limit their activities or something, you can't always stop it 100% but i hope it will be limited.

Deleted
    aslong as theyre pro-active in dealing with gold sellers im happy.. they also dont become a problem straight away at launch with a decent economy. its after bots etc get made and even making random nodes attack you is a start.

While they could, you would see a large part of the player base leave and never look back due to it...

---------- Post added 2013-05-27 at 12:24 PM ----------

im sorry but no.. this isnt like neverwinter when they knew about the exploit in closed beta yet let it happen for weeks in open beta only to do a small rollback. Things can be done and just because some developers have chosen not to do it doesnt mean much tbh.
    Well as the game isn't launched yet obviously it's not the same, if a similar duping exploit would occur once launched though they would be in the same fucked if you do, fucked if you don't situation. You might think the effects can be reverted but it's just not feasible financially nor time wise.

Deleted
    While they could, you would see a large part of the player base leave and never look back due to it...
    any proof of that? you will get more people staying for longer if the economy isnt broken and youre also less likely to just leave if its B2P and all other aspects of the game are awesome.

any proof of that? you will get more people staying for longer if the economy isnt broken and youre also less likely to just leave if its B2P and all other aspects of the game are awesome.
    Proof no, not beyond peoples account of leaving due to said exploits and common sense, also amount of people active in Neverwinter post rollback, which to me is evidence enough, proof could only be obtained from data Blizzard and SW, something they would never release anyway.

It should just be a sub fee of $10-15 not B2P, fuck that if they know anything just copy WoWs payment method if you're too poor to afford $10-15 a month then something is wrong, fuck B2P and F2P games they all suck.