10+ Year Old Account
    downloading the client takes ages

Kinda wish mmo-c got some of those wildstar beta keys for giveaway.

Not only would it help some of us who aren't in the beta get in the action a little sooner, but it helps get the word out & people thinking about it, possibly growing its community that much larger.

It's not the fastest client in the world. I'm not sure if mine was done since Windows kept updating and rebooting to Mac afters. Need to go home and check today and probably leave it on for the night before Saturday. This game's my hope for 2014. If not it's Warlords of Draenor two weeks later.

10+ Year Old Account
    when is the next beta btw since im guessing i cant play as soon as the download/install is done?

its only at 31% and still has about 17gb to go

http://www.wildstarfans.net/2013/12/...-to-paths.html

scientist path sounds quite good
    Last edited by Achaman; 2014-02-13 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    when is the next beta btw since im guessing i cant play as soon as the download/install is done?

its only at 31% and still has about 17gb to go
    you can play whenever the server is up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    It's not the fastest client in the world.
    I don't find the speed that bad (usually 6MB minimum with 15MB peak), but their features on it are terrible - no ability to resume a download, and no ability to pause. I believe we'll see them at launch though. I'd love for them to get to the point of streaming launcher, but I shant hold my breath.

Mine's going at around 500kbps on a 10mbps connection. ESO was downloading at around 5-6mbps constantly whilst Blizzard is regularly at a full 10mbps.

Per NCSoft's Q4 '13 call, WildStar is expected sometime around "mid 2014".

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    Per NCSoft's Q4 '13 call, WildStar is expected sometime around "mid 2014".
    Can't find tweet atm for it but they tweeted on jan 20th that they're still scheduled for spring

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    I don't find the speed that bad (usually 6MB minimum with 15MB peak), but their features on it are terrible - no ability to resume a download, and no ability to pause. I believe we'll see them at launch though. I'd love for them to get to the point of streaming launcher, but I shant hold my breath.
    ive closed it a few times and it continued from the last point.. as it just slows everything down to the point i cant even check a webpage without it taking a week to load
    Last edited by Achaman; 2014-02-13 at 09:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats odd, I have a 30Mbit connection and it was downloading steady at 31 for me for the entire time, had to close the launcher once but the speed went up to full again in a min or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saýa View Post
    Thats odd, I have a 30Mbit connection and it was downloading steady at 31 for me for the entire time, had to close the launcher once but the speed went up to full again in a min or so.
    It depends where the server is hosted.
    If the server is in UK and i am downloading in russa then the files need to go over a very broken links, slowing the process down. But if you live just next too the server then download will be super fast.

However if some1 downloads the instalation and then places the files on site like piratebay, then every1 who downloads it it will get it faster (due to being in close promixy).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    It depends where the server is hosted.
    If the server is in UK and i am downloading in russa then the files need to go over a very broken links, slowing the process down. But if you live just next too the server then download will be super fast.

However if some1 downloads the instalation and then places the files on site like piratebay, then every1 who downloads it it will get it faster (due to being in close promixy).
    This is true, but there was a tweet 19 hours ago, stating "beta servers as based in the US so you'll likely have a bit of latency issues." when asked about if the aussies counted as EU or US and if the keys were region locked, kind of assumed that the download servers would be based in the US aswell then.

Quote Originally Posted by Systam View Post
    Can't find tweet atm for it but they tweeted on jan 20th that they're still scheduled for spring
    Which would indeed be mid-2014, since the Spring ends in June.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

anyone run into the issue of when you put the beta code in and you download the game, on the client it goes from updating to Failed?

Thats the issue ive run into, and not sure what to do about it

Quote Originally Posted by Stayfrostee View Post
    anyone run into the issue of when you put the beta code in and you download the game, on the client it goes from updating to Failed?

Thats the issue ive run into, and not sure what to do about it
    Restarting the client fixed it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sileh View Post
    Restarting the client fixed it for me.
    ive gone back and clicked on download game, and it just does the same thing

10+ Year Old Account
    ive gone back and clicked on download game, and it just does the same thing
    Try and run the client / downloader as Admin, worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Saýa View Post
    Try and run the client / downloader as Admin, worked for me.
    I tried that too, it told me it was missing a shortcut, and if i wanted to search for it on my own, and i found nothing

nevermind, whatever i did fixed it....lol

now the initial long as wait while everything loads and updates...olympics time
    Last edited by Stayfrostee; 2014-02-13 at 12:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried that too, it told me it was missing a shortcut, and if i wanted to search for it on my own, and i found nothing

nevermind, whatever i did fixed it....lol
    Oh well, glad it worked out for ya, enjoy Wildstar and report plenty of bugs, or dont, aslong as you play then Carbine gets something good out of it ^^