15+ Year Old Account
    Do you guys think it is intended that stalkers blow stuff up so much faster than any other class at least to lvl 15ish (my experience)?

All other classes are doing roughly the same damage and their TTK is pretty identical, but stalkers just two-shot everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    Most games have optimization issues during beta I've noticed. SW:TOR ran terribly for me in beta, but improved significantly at release.
    Well SWTOR was terrible in beta, improved a bit during launch, now what 2 years after it's still shit. That stupid jerky lag is still there, not to mention the ability delay (which is an engine issue)....

The game could have been awesomenuggets if it wasn't for that terrrible engine and lack of addons....
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Do you guys think it is intended that stalkers blow stuff up so much faster than any other class at least to lvl 15ish (my experience)?

All other classes are doing roughly the same damage and their TTK is pretty identical, but stalkers just two-shot everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Well SWTOR was terrible in beta, improved a bit during launch, now what 2 years after it's still shit. That stupid jerky lag is still there, not to mention the ability delay (which is an engine issue)....

The game could have been awesomenuggets if it wasn't for that terrrible engine and lack of addons....
    SW:TOR's combat was terrible, and the engine didn't help. I began to miss WoW immediately after playing SW:TOR. This is not the case with Wildstar since its combat system is very fluid and fairly innovative, especially in the PvP realm of things.

Deleted
    Hmm I wonder if the low performance thing is a processor issue. Basically I mean if it's an AMD issue.

Because my performance is fine, and I've got an Intel i7. The thing is, my processor is running at full speed and going hot as hell while playing, fans are crying and the processor temp is 80c, can't use turbo or it goes to 100c.

My point is that, in addition to Wildstar, the only game I have played that is so taxing on processor is Civilization 5. No other MMO's push my processor that much (WoW, SWTOR, RIFT, GW2).

Well if it's an AMD issue I hope they will optimize it, because with this computer i should not be running around with 40 fps on low settings. I have read that AMD usually have some problems with MMO's in general. But I have played WoW/Star Wars with no bigger problems at all. So I really hope the fps issue can be fixed until release.

10+ Year Old Account

Stalker operates on burst. Analyze Weakness into a Tactical Strike will take a huge chunk out of everything, but then you have no energy. It's how bursties like stalkers do.

That said, it goes away at max level (And, I'd argue even at level 30+ it starts to wane, but my experience is WAY OUTDATED for leveling as I have been 50 for a long while now.) My TTK is roughly equal to my friends at 50 on world mobs, and I am the only stalker.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Yeah, totally agree. I've leveled two stalkers to at least 20 now, and I've noticed their damage seems significantly higher than other classes before 20 (besides medics, which also seem to blow things up).

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    Yeah, totally agree. I've leveled two stalkers to at least 20 now, and I've noticed their damage seems significantly higher than other classes before 20 (besides medics, which also seem to blow things up).
    I just leveled a medic to 14 and it was very powerful until level 10. Then it started to slow down a lot.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weird imbuement, no base stats on it hehe

http://i.imgur.com/eMthlY4.jpg

Any precise info on PvP gear progression yet? I've read that you get the best gear in Warplots, worse gear in Arenas and yet worse gear in Battlegrounds, which is a major design flaw in itself. But the important question would be how exactly you get this gear:

• Do you get <gear currency> for losing?
    • Do you get more <gear currency> with a higher ELO rating?
    • Do you need a certain ELO rating to purchase or use certain gear?

If you can just let yourself get destroyed in a PUG playing Warplots against organized 40 mans and get geared in a reasonable amount of time it might just work. But if the only way to get the best gear is to be in a good 40 man it's going to suck big time.

Stalker has 100% crit on opener while stealthed, i crit over 1k at lv11, so yes it's very bursty , a nice feature is that and stealth can be used in combat (but triggers a short cd), hope they don't change this or we'll have wow's rogue with stealth pretty useless in pve...
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Stalker has 100% crit on opener while stealthed, i crit over 1k at lv11, so yes it's very bursty , a nice feature is that and stealth can be used in combat (but triggers a short cd), hope they don't change this or we'll have wow's rogue with stealth pretty useless in pve...
    Never going away. Your innate ability (R button) is meant to be a combat CD, for all classes. If they won't give us a real stealth hotkey and separate it from our innate button, I don't think we will ever lose in-combat restealthing.

Also with the removal of the OPness of Unfair Advantage AMP, Stalkers are less crazy, so there's even less of a reason to get rid of it.

(To clarify: the old AMP made it so that if you used an ability while stealthed, it would cost no suit power. I miss the shit out of it, but it needed to be nerfed. It's not right for a stalker to be able to double-tac strike something and nuke it from 100 to 10 in less than a second.)
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD

10+ Year Old Account
    I picked up the game for pre-order after being highly impressed by the beta, and now I'm mostly trying to figure out what my plan is for launch.

For anyone who can play past the level 20 cap; what are your impressions on engineer vs warrior for later game play? I'm interested in both, but I can't decide which to roll first/main. Warriors feel especially good this last update, but since I can only get to 20 on both I'm hesitant to form a final opinion.

I love both thematically, so that's not an issue for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is a weird imbuement, thanks for sharing. I am glad to see imbuements on pieces other than weapons.

As for warrior vs Engineer, sadly, I do not have enough experience as an engineer. Hopefully someone is able to answer that for you. Perhaps share desired role.

Deleted
    I leveled most classes to 10 this weekend and at this early stage the Stalker is by far the most powerful. In terms of enjoyment I loved the Esper and Medic although I always play melee classes so I will either role Stalker or Warrior probably.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    That is a weird imbuement, thanks for sharing. I am glad to see imbuements on pieces other than weapons.

As for warrior vs Engineer, sadly, I do not have enough experience as an engineer. Hopefully someone is able to answer that for you. Perhaps share desired role.
    Good idea, thanks. I like tanking - I play a warrior tank on wow currently and I really enjoy that, which is why I was interested in the Wildstar warrior. But I really love engineers attacks, and they seem like very solid DPS.

I'm not set in stone which I want to do for sure, but I prefer tanking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by toomes211 View Post
    Good idea, thanks. I like tanking - I play a warrior tank on wow currently and I really enjoy that, which is why I was interested in the Wildstar warrior. But I really love engineers attacks, and they seem like very solid DPS.

I'm not set in stone which I want to do for sure, but I prefer tanking.
    You can check out this thread on the comparison
    https://forums.wildstar-online.com/f...eed-some-help/

Ive got to say I love the game so far, but stalkers should be put more in-line with the other classes damage at such low levels. No other class Ive played hits for 1.2k at level 10 like my stalker is on a regular basis. I think this could be fixed by moving Impale to be gained at a higher level. I dont know what they could swap it with though

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be fine if they made a viable replacement for Impale because, as it is, you have no other choice for that slot. And they promised variety in builds. QQ

AFAIK, they were really trying with Concussive Kicks? but it's just... not better.

I really enjoy the game so far. Won't leave past the first areas (after arkship) so not to spoil the rest of the game. Haven't had any performance issues so far, the ui isn't all that bad and I don't mind the questing (will use some sort of quest text addon though). Trying to get a feel of the classes, as to decide my main and it's tough. Decided I won't be a caster this time around, but no idea if I'll go warrior or stalker. Stalker stealth animations are bugging me though. The only one that looks good to me is the aurin male one, but not digging their whole look. Hard to find a nice face among the options. Not concerned with low level power, as I read classes get really close later on.

I've been trying to use steer and deadlock extended, as to know what it was all about (some here really like those two). I get that it is pretty interesting, but am struggling to work with both on at the same time. Ideas?

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't want Deadlock Enhanced and Steer on at the same time. They both do the same task, so choose one. Steer seems to have a few features, but it's whatever feels right for you. You may be confusing the pair of addons being one of the above with KeybindFreedom, which allows you to bind your mouse buttons (Carbine has blocked it for some reason), allowing you to bind attacks there or dodge.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Steer + Keybind Freedom still works fine and is the best combination to accomplish action combat. Deadlock extended is less functional and has worse intelligent return.
    BAD WOLF