Deleted
    Played my first adventure today and I enjoyed it, the XP is great as well. I also dabbled in the housing system, it feels really good and is almost a separate game in itself it's that complex.

My beta character is a warrior (lvl 16), the class is decent but I've decided to play stalker on release. My dilemma is how awesome warriors look, I'm going to miss having a 2H.

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    . My dilemma is how awesome warriors look, I'm going to miss having a 2H.
    Im having the same problem atm. It feels really weird to play, without having any weapons on your back (or even on your waist).

Damn claws.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    That is your loss, if you had given it to level 10 then you would have a legit opinion, but you literally quit during the tutorial.
    The tutorial shouldn't force feed me lore in the form on visiting a museum to right click on cambots.

Its a shit start to the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    The tutorial shouldn't force feed me lore in the form on visiting a museum to right click on cambots.

Almost everyone agrees with you, but judging an MMO on the tutorial alone is folly.

Deleted
    Almost everyone agrees with you, but judging an MMO on the tutorial alone is folly.
    I didn't judge the mmo - I said i lost motivation to play it because of this start. It needs to change.

I have no opinion on the rest, but i refuse to carry on with that mediocrity. It was really painful for me, at least.

I didn't judge the mmo - I said i lost motivation to play it because of this start. It needs to change.

I have no opinion on the rest, but i refuse to carry on with that mediocrity. It was really painful for me, at least.
    If I went by this logic I'd quit literally every MMO I've ever touched within five minutes as well.
    German science is the greatest in the world!

Deleted

Have you enjoyed the start zones of ANY mmo?

I liked hutta in swtor!
    And coldharbor in TESO.
    And whitesands in AoC.
    And Archet Dale in Lotro.
    And the start of NWO.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted

I'd say you should at least give the game one more try, blaze through the tutorial area (since it can be done rather quickly) and then judge the game where it's supposed to be played. Kind of a bummer that you already uninstalled though, lol. So not sure you would be up to deal with all that hassle again.

The ship is 5-10 minutes of the game, try getting your toon down to the actual planet before you call it a day.
    Christ the 1st 5-10 minutes of Rift and even WoW are 10x worse then WS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it wrong wanting to roll a medic for their insanely epic raid gear? I mean, that blue Gundam set is just gorgeous!

Also generally, I'm really impressed with how they design their sets. Loads of creativity in them! =D

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    Is it wrong wanting to roll a medic for their insanely epic raid gear? I mean, that blue Gundam set is just gorgeous!

Also generally, I'm really impressed with how they design their sets. Loads of creativity in them! =D
    I felt the same way in TBC, if I knew what the priest T6 looked like I would of rolled one instead of a warrior in classic (even though I liked their sets too)

Quote Originally Posted by Mcaffee View Post
    The ship is 5-10 minutes of the game, try getting your toon down to the actual planet before you call it a day.
    Christ the 1st 5-10 minutes of Rift and even WoW are 10x worse then WS.
    Exactly, lol, if I was to quit any MMORPG based on first 10 minutes (or hell, even an hour), I'd be playing some shitty shooters right now. Honestly, some people just act like 10 year olds on cocaine. "Y CAN'T I SHOOTZ DESE MOBS ALREADY? THIS GAME SUX GUYZ, DON'T PLAY IT, FIRST 5 MINS OF IT ARE BORING AS HELL!!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jayeffkay View Post
    I felt the same way in TBC, if I knew what the priest T6 looked like I would of rolled one instead of a warrior in classic (even though I liked their sets too)
    Yeah this is tearing me apart! Even though I was almost 100% sure I was going to roll a warrior, this medic-set shows up and I turned like 360 degrees and walked away from the warrior class lol. ARGH! Guess I'll be going to try out medic too then!

i like the medic set, looks awesome. on another note, i officially hate medic healers in dungeons/adventures, damn douchebags want us to move WITH them to get heals

10+ Year Old Account

The tutorial is just that; it's teaching you basic mechanics of the game that will be necessary later on like: different types of objects you can interact with, the datachrons, and yes, some lore so that you know why you're doing what you're doing. It also shows you the different races, with a two-line explanation of their backgrounds. There's much more to this game than "me smashums", so of course the tutorial is going to feature more than that. Also, within the first two minutes you pick up a weapon and wail on things, so I don't really see the issues with it, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    i like the medic set, looks awesome. on another note, i officially hate medic healers in dungeons/adventures, damn douchebags want us to move WITH them to get heals
    The one group I partied with to do the level 20 dungeon learned that the hard way. Even while I tanked I had to be aware of where the medic was. DPS died alot at the start saying medic please heal me but they were standing 20 yards away on the other side of the boss or something. It took roughly 5 wipes or so but they got the hang of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    It's how the whole healing in wildstar works, accept it or die.

I am leaning heavily Esper.

Just played the Gunslinger to about Lvl. 10... just can't get into the abilities it has or how it heals more important. Which I already some expectation going into it to begin with.

I ultimately prefer the group healing focus of the Esper and how they go about healing. Must seem strange because it would appear no one is interested in them. XD

I really should try the Stalker though...
    German science is the greatest in the world!

Yes, GW2 stands out. Also most of the WoW zones, pre-Cata especially. I was hooked on Elwynn Forest *immediately*.

Rift does its starting zones like WildStar; heavily guided, linear and boring. It took me several days to work through the starting areas when that game went to F2P and get to the real leveling zones; I'd practically fall asleep within 5 minutes.

WldStar's intro is brief and worth getting through to get to the real game but they still could have left a better first impression.