Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    What a troll it would be, if they would release ESO and W* on the same weekend/week.
    I'd be pissed beyond belief.

Also Wildstar would be crushed sales wise. ESO will draw WAY more people in than Wildstar on launch.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    I'd be pissed beyond belief.

Also Wildstar would be crushed sales wise. ESO will draw WAY more people in than Wildstar on launch.
    I think your assumption is a bit off, TESO will sell a lot of boxes due to IP and its fanbase but put the games side by side and Wildstar definitely looks like the better MMO and will draw the MMO crowd.

I'm not an Elder Scrolls fan and the game just looks underwhelming to me. There is some cool class mehcanics they are implementing and some of it kinda looks reminiscent of DAoC which are nice, but as an MMO player if i had to pick between them which to play on launch day it would be Wildstar hands down.

That being said, I will buy both of them anyway because I have a sickness and disposable income.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have not been watching any of these streams. Has anyone covered professions at all?
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Or how bored we've become with this game...like having your hero let you down. /sadface

Maybe the next beta iteration will do another face lift.
    I never had that hero letting you down feeling about the game but otherwise I sort of agree with this.

Reading their forums is frustrating though. So many people want to turn it more wow-like than it already is. WoW is already there, just play that, no need to turn everything else into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    I have not been watching any of these streams. Has anyone covered professions at all?
    that's something i'd be interested in, too. one of the few things i still know pretty much nothing about, regarding this game.
    might still be under nda though, depending on what exactly is included into the levling/questing 1-15 stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    I think your assumption is a bit off, TESO will sell a lot of boxes due to IP and its fanbase but put the games side by side and Wildstar definitely looks like the better MMO and will draw the MMO crowd.

I'm not an Elder Scrolls fan and the game just looks underwhelming to me. There is some cool class mehcanics they are implementing and some of it kinda looks reminiscent of DAoC which are nice, but as an MMO player if i had to pick between them which to play on launch day it would be Wildstar hands down.

That being said, I will buy both of them anyway because I have a sickness and disposable income.
    Draw the MMO crowd? You mean the same crowd that only gets about 2 million players for newly released MMO's in recent memory? ESO will far outsell and out-preform Wildstar, simply because its getting released on consoles. How many stick around after the first few months is hard to say atm. But most MMO's see a drop and these 2 will be no different, although i expect ESO to have more subs initially. Wildstar will prolly be around Swtor numbers at launch and drop in the same way it did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Draw the MMO crowd? You mean the same crowd that only gets about 2 million players for newly released MMO's in recent memory? ESO will far outsell and out-preform Wildstar, simply because its getting released on consoles. How many stick around after the first few months is hard to say atm. But most MMO's see a drop and these 2 will be no different, although i expect ESO to have more subs initially. Wildstar will prolly be around Swtor numbers at launch and drop in the same way it did.
    mmo's on a console lol.. is that really your arguement? lots of my console friends love skyrim / oblivion etc but theyre not interested in ESO at all. Its not hard to say at all.. its just guess work. I think eso will do crap.. im basing that on nothing but my own bias and gut feeling.

I also have no idea how well wildstar will do either.

So I got a few questions about Wildstar, hope someone can give me an answer:

- Do Granok reproduce? If they do, how do they do it?
    - Are female Aurin bigger than males?
    - Are there female chua? How do they reproduce?
    - Do Mechari have a heart? Are they still being build? Can they die?
    - Can an esper mind control? If yes, how do they mind control mechari?
    - How long since the exiles banded together? what became of the races' homelands?
    - What's the difference between humans and cassians?

Is there a place to read up on w* lore?

Thanks for looking at my questions ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Evyan View Post
    Maybe they are just a chip off the ol' block :P

Deleted
    • I do believe they reproduce, they are pretty much the same as any other race. The only race I know that doesn't reproduce(anymore) are the Mordesh. As to HOW they reproduce, I have no idea. But considering they are a race, and not just rocks given sentience I would say it would be in a way related to earth-species.

- Are female Aurin bigger than males?
    • They are... at least from a quick look. It may be the hair and/or ears but the female aurin to look a tad bit longer while the males are more "robust". They still look pretty thin as it is the artstyle but compared to the females they look more muscular.

- Are there female chua? How do they reproduce?
    • There are both female and male Chua, however, just like with rats and other rodents here on earth, we as humans cannot tell the difference. If I hold a rat in front of you and ask "is it a girl or a boy" and you have 3 seconds to answer, you pretty much have 50% chance of getting it right by guessing. The same goes for the Chua, in character creation you only have one choice but you can choose to make them feminine or masculine(right now it's waaay easier making a masculine one i've heard though) so it should be kind of even.

- Do Mechari have a heart? Are they still being build? Can they die?
    • Mechari are robots, and there for does not have a heart like you and me. They are not cyborgs of any sort. They are not still being built as they were built by the Eldan, an ancient race whose planet, Nexus, we just have found. They were built to safeguard the Dominion and make sure they stuck to the "right path" as the Dominion(early) were crowned rulers of the universe by the Eldan before they disappeared(spooookyyyy).
    Mechari cannot "die" like the other races can(in lore). Instead use the term, destroyed. You don't say your computer died when you "accidently" dropped it from the third floor to get cash back from the warranty.

- Can an esper mind control? If yes, how do they mind control mechari?
    • Esper do currently not have a mind control spell ingame as far as I'm aware. In lore, it is possible that they can but not a Mechari, no as they do not have a brain. Instead you could ask an engineer to hack one.

- How long since the exiles banded together? what became of the races' homelands?
    • This question I have no idea. I think the different races just joined together. The lower-class humans fled the Cassians and landed on the aurin planet, the dominion attacked the aurin planet so they fled and banded together later. The dominion wanted the Granok as they were a strong warrior race but the Granok said "nah, don't think so" and waged war against the dominion. They eventually had to leave as not even them can fight the entire intergalactic federation of smug people.
    And at last, the Mordesh. They were with the dominion for a while, as they are pretty much the most advanced race in the game, at least when it comes to Alchemy and Chemistry. But when the Contagion hit(the one making them pretty much living dead) the Dominion left them and barricaded their planet to wait until they were all dead. The exiles snuck mordesh out, a few at a time and those are the ones you play now.

As to the worlds of the races:
    Aurin - Most likely Destroyed or overtaken
    Granok - Destroyed and/or mined.
    Mordesh - Still in ruins, mindless zombies roaming the planet.

- What's the difference between humans and cassians?
    • Cassians are the "upper class" and the others are "lower class". Cassians are the offspring of the first leaders I believe, those chosen by the Eldan to rule. I believe it's kind of the Indian caste system where you pretty much have to be content with what caste you are born into. I don't think lower-class humans can ever become true "Cassians". It was probably a reason why they rebelled and fled.

Hope these answer are to your liking!

Edit: Missed the last one.

- Is there a place to read up on w* lore?
    • I don't think there is. I pretty much just suck everything in as I go. Videos, texts, interviews etc. I'm like a sponge when it comes to good lore and I really like the Wildstar one so far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kessos View Post
    snip
    Good answers !

For anyone looking for further lore info, check out this collection of links http://wildstar-central.com/index.ph...re-links.1442/

Its not been updated in a while, but should still provide an insight into the Wildstar lore. Also check out the News section of the Wildstar website, for Lore articles.

Quote Originally Posted by Kessos View Post
    -
    Hope these answer are to your liking!
    Oh thank you a lot!
    I'm a real lore freak so if I start playing a game I want to know a lot already (cultures, history, motives,...)

Your answers helped me a lot! Didn't follow w* that closely because I tend to get really hyped and get sad because of the waiting.
    Now w* is comming closer to release I want to delve into the lore ^^

Think it's funny but cool granok reproduce. Wonder if they have organs or even genitals :P?
    I figured mordesh and mechari can't really reproduce.

Do you think we'll see the eldan anytime soon? (as in, during a patch or next expansion, not in 5 years)

So Kessos, thank you a lot for your time & answers, you rock!

Deleted
    Thank you! Glad to be of help.

I think they have genitals... in one of the videos they say "The Granok have more boulders than brains... yep, that's exactly what it sounds like" which at least I took that... way...

And I don't think we'll see the Eldan. They are kind of like the Titans in wow if you ever played it. These mystical, amazing beings that created kind of everything we see. Althought Eldan are more "SCIENCE" in their creation while the Titans are "MAGIC".
    If we ever get to meet them, it would kind of take away some of their awesomeness. So I doubt we'll ever see the Eldan save from the Emperor(which is like... half-Eldan) and the holograms in Nexus.

Are any sites giving away beta access? My bf's been signed up for the Wildstar beta since February and has never been invited. He is practically frothing at the mouth to play. If there's any way I could get him into it via contests or whatever it'd make for an amazing Xmas gift. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Are any sites giving away beta access? My bf's been signed up for the Wildstar beta since February and has never been invited. He is practically frothing at the mouth to play. If there's any way I could get him into it via contests or whatever it'd make for an amazing Xmas gift. Thanks.
    At the moment there are no give aways. All that are found online now days are scams. Only way to get a key is a) get lucky or b) got a friend in the beta who has a friend key available.

Deleted
    There are not currently, and haven't been, any official give-aways. If you got money to spare you could be naughty and buy him one from e-bay. I think the price is around $300
    otherwise all there is to do is for him to wait and hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    How to: Closed Beta Protected By NDA.

Step 1. Read the entire e-mail
    Step 2. Read the entire e-mail
    Step 3. Stop breaking the NDA you agreed to.

(This was supposed to be humorous!)

Step 4. There are beta forums, with a handy dandy server schedule (probably.)
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

yay another game NC Soft can ruin

The only good Wildstar was Derek.

have beta keys gone out yet this week and/or what does a fellow have to do to get one

Quote Originally Posted by Zxerion View Post
    yay another game NC Soft can ruin
    Publishers are publishers, EA, NCSoft, Activision all of them are in the same boat.