Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Ugh, just start CBT4 already so we can see what improvements you've made... ARRGHHH.
    I just can't see that happening so soon, but I'd like it to. I need some leaked info from the last two classes so that I can know what I'm going to play because there's no denying I'll buy this game even if I only play it for the first month. TL2 is the only game with an engineer that I felt was appropriate, so I'm really hoping it feels sorta like that.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I just can't see that happening so soon, but I'd like it to. I need some leaked info from the last two classes so that I can know what I'm going to play because there's no denying I'll buy this game even if I only play it for the first month. TL2 is the only game with an engineer that I felt was appropriate, so I'm really hoping it feels sorta like that.
    Yeah. I prefer those sorts of magitek engineers over those in TF2 or firefall.

*I feel like a cross between TL2 engineers and rift engineers would be interesting.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-09-18 at 04:47 PM.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Volt - Grakata - Lex Prime - Dragon Nikana -
    Lv40 (Firefall) - Dragonfly - Biotech - Mammoth - Arsenal - Nighthawk - Raptor - Recon - Tigerclaw - Electron -
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

Hey guys. I'd like to talk to you about this cool feature we have called Housing..

gaffney said cb4 will begin mid oct
    Dictated but not read.

Hopefully things will be looking up, then, by next month. (I mean the quest system will be better and whatever other grievances there were.)
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    Hopefully things will be looking up, then, by next month. (I mean the quest system will be better and whatever other grievances there were.)
    I really hope so too. We need someone who is decent at compiling features with more modern game engine. Much higher chance of getting multiple forms of game play with it.
    Lv40 (Firefall) - Dragonfly - Biotech - Mammoth - Arsenal - Nighthawk - Raptor - Recon - Tigerclaw - Electron -

I want to dedicate more time next CB. Need to dissect it.

CBT4 Pls. Pls.
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.

I Livestream Daily and do giveaways.

I am sad because I wanted to update my computer specs for the beta registration but I can't do that QQ

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I am sad because I wanted to update my computer specs for the beta registration but I can't do that QQ
    ahm, you can just send them a new application. I dont remeber where they said it, but they have a filter in their beta application DB to just use the latest entry of a specific Mail. They know that many people will change their rig over the time of developement and beta, so its "normal" for them to provide this feature =)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    I want to dedicate more time next CB. Need to dissect it.
    Yeah. Since we are all sort of 'over' the NDA I will do a better job of documenting my observations. Was really annoying when we all sort of knew that stat system but none of us could really remember the details lol.

We can have REAL discussions instead of just lamenting their payment model debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    ahm, you can just send them a new application. I dont remeber where they said it, but they have a filter in their beta application DB to just use the latest entry of a specific Mail. They know that many people will change their rig over the time of developement and beta, so its "normal" for them to provide this feature =)
    That's what I am saying they changed. Now when you go to fill out a beta app it prompts you to create a NCSoft account. If you've already applied with the e-mail you create the account with it says "you've already applied to the beta, thanks" and doesn't let you update.

http://www.pcgamesn.com/wildstar-pro...t-magic-bullet Gaffney defending Subscription model.
    And hybrid model is not a subscription only model. They are just covering their asses.

“And it is, fewer people play City of Heroes, they peaked out at - I don’t know the numbers - something like 200,000. But 200,000 subscribers paying $15 a month, if you do the math, that makes about as much money as selling 6 million boxes, if they last long enough.”
    Wow... So the goal for going with a subscription is to "last long enough"? Sounds like they are already planning the transition from sub to something else. Milk and switch.

Wow... So the goal for going with a subscription is to "last long enough"? Sounds like they are already planning the transition from sub to something else. Milk and switch.
    Pretty much the vibe i got reading this . They already are making contingency plans assuming they have a small amount of subs (200.000).

Don't forget that he made the oh so wise assertion that
    Games that look very successful in free-to-play may or may not be making profit
    So we're supposed to believe that all these other F2P companies are all taking regular losses, but somehow don't close down. I can't believe I used to think this guy was intelligent and knew what he was talking about when it came to MMO's. He clearly knows nothing.

He also continues by stating that one of their reasons for going subscription was to protect people from spending too much of their money because they 'get sucked in'.....Jeremy Gaffney, defender of your wallet. He then gives no credence to the fact that people are willing to support good games that are free, which completely contradicts real evidence we have.
    As a player it’s distracting because generally you have a very different experience if you’re playing for free - and if not, then why the hell pay?
    Why Mr. Gaffney? Because a developer respects us as gamers first, money machines second. They give us amazing games at low costs and in return provide us ample, non required ways to give you our money. If you read between the lines, he's basically saying that he doesn't believe Wildstar will be quality enough to warrant us basically giving them money of our free will.

This brief interview pretty much undermines anything seemingly knowledgable he's ever said. I can't believe he is so out of touch with players and the F2P market in general. Jesus ANet must have lit a fire under them when they told them they had to redesign a lot of the core game because the beta went horribly.

I'm sorry, but this interview is infuriating.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2013-09-23 at 08:42 PM.
    BAD WOLF

Pretty much the vibe i got reading this . They already are making contingency plans assuming they have a small amount of subs (200.000).
    no he used an example of an older game with a "small" number of subs which over time can make alot of money with consistent subs.

If you want to read inbetween the lines and guess he means something else then go ahead.
    Dictated but not read.

If only they had done this before Pax. They would have earned the "most naked moneygrab" award hands down.

If only they had done this before Pax. They would have earned the "most naked moneygrab" award hands down.
    It's going to be glorious to see what kinds of crap comes out of his mouth when he is defending their decision to go F2P in 2 years. Uggh...so glad SWTOR taught me the subtle art of separating a developer from their product. Otherwise, I would likely not be touching this one.
    BAD WOLF