Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Ok sorry but I gotta ask are they all yours and what the hell do you need 3 for if so?
    ^ Same question

You needed 36 caracters slots? Or do you mean you bought 3 box at cheap price to get 3 free month of game time, and decided to activate them all at once, on a launch day, when problems were to be expected?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    No, I don't remember that. I remember being stuck on the boat after completing Tanaan Jungle, because it wouldn't load Shadowmoon Valley, but other than that I don't remember many problems at all. I know people did have lots of problems, but I don't recall being affected myself. And yes, I played the first week, and I was on Sen'jin.
    Well lucky you. I know my guild and server had those problems for at least a week.

WoD could not have been so long ago that you guys forgot about how bad it was.

On topic: Omnibits are neat.

3m queue on Entity. Aw yeah late night.

Ok sorry but I gotta ask are they all yours and what the hell do you need 3 for if so?
    Myself and my 2 daughters. I have a box for my wife but haven't activated it yet because of the problems.

This game is incredibly beautiful, I'm a huge fan of the art style.
    Here's a few screenshots of the Dominion city Illium, my favorite place in the game: http://imgur.com/a/q74Xa

Here's a preview:

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    ^ Same question

You needed 36 caracters slots? Or do you mean you bought 3 box at cheap price to get 3 free month of game time, and decided to activate them all at once, on a launch day, when problems were to be expected?
    We have 3 accounts at the house. I bought an extra box for my wife but haven't activated it yet. I decided to add a sub a few days before the F2P so we could get back into the game early. My wife didn't have time to join us at the time so I didn't create her account at the time which was a very good thing in light of all these problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Here's a few screenshots of the Dominion city Illium, my favorite place in the game: http://imgur.com/a/q74Xa
    That looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    We have 3 accounts at the house. I bought an extra box for my wife but haven't activated it yet. I decided to add a sub a few days before the F2P so we could get back into the game early. My wife didn't have time to join us at the time so I didn't create her account at the time which was a very good thing in light of all these problems.
    That make sense, well I hope for you they fix all the servers problems fast.

Ok, I'm playing for like 3 days now and I still can't decide on a class I like..
    I got a Stalker to 14, and it seems the most fun because of the great damage, and he can also tank, but I keep reading in places that classes are pretty much the same, and I am not sold on any class..
    Any suggestions would be great

This game is incredibly beautiful, I'm a huge fan of the art style
    Yeah, except I expect all the artwork to be ruined by neon telegraphs appearing everywhere on the ground

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    No the difficulty had nothing to do with it. The entire system was flawed. The reward systems were pathetic and it made WoD look like a cornucopia of content outside of raids.

Also I finally managed like two hours of lagless play and it was beautiful, did Protostar right before it got bad again and dear god that was fun. Are the other dungeons along that line though as in actually requiring you to play smart rather than just button smash?
    I'm pretty sure that was the least of the problems. To be fair to Wildstar though, there is actually quite a bit of stuff other than raids, especially after Vet Shiphands. Game was rife with bugs, the optimization problem, botters/hackers, how medals worked etc.

Yea, the other dungeons are on another level, Protostar is the teaching dungeon. Having the first dungeon be Stormtalon was... fun

Edit: End game was pretty boring outside of instanced content until the first drop.

Each dungeon is much harder than the last one mechanically on normal mode (Proto < STL < KV < Skull < Sanctuary)
    Last edited by Tryuk; 2015-10-01 at 06:17 AM.
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    It's just the way MMO's work...takes a week or 2 then they all get sorted
    It's just the way crappy DevOps work.
    It takes a week or two until they piss away all the starry-eyed new customers they got until the population gets trimmed down to what the servers can manage.

Then it will "improve".

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    Yeah, except I expect all the artwork to be ruined by neon telegraphs appearing everywhere on the ground
    Theres a guy on youtube that actually poked a bit of fun at Wildstar and what you mentioned is one of the things he was making fun of. He was exaggerating a lot of stuff but it was still pretty funny. Its got some strong language on there so make sure your kids cover their ears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IgVS9yNFGg

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Yeah, that WoD release went super smooth.
    Already smoother that Wildstar. WoD had some issues with Garrisons on first day, that's mostly it.

Wildstar is unplayable for third day. And ti's not just population problem. Seems like combat lag is something more fundamental.

Anyway, I said before - WS don't have the luxury of pointing fingers to other games. Stop that.
    Last edited by LazarusLong; 2015-10-01 at 06:49 AM.

I never remember the Garrison instances going down. After it was set up I occasionally hid in there to escape the lag
    Lucky you. I couldn't even log into the game for the first 4 days nearly. Blizzard really dropped the ball on WoD launch, harder than any other MMORPG I have ever played.

PS: I have no opinion on Wildstar at this time, I am just looking at others opinions and clearing up misunderstanding about how bad WoD launch was for some (it varied, unsurprisingly). It wouldn't surprise me that Wildstar's F2P transition has caused them server problems. As others are saying, I doubt it will last for long.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Already smoother that Wildstar. WoD had some issues with Garrisons on first day, that's mostly it.

Wildstar is unplayable for third day. And ti's not just population problem. Seems like combat lag is something more fundamental.
    was for 4-5day and we get 7day free time

Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post
    was for 4-5day and we get 7day free time
    Wasn't that bad on my server. but it doesn't matter. WS fans tried to use "hey, but WoW had this issues before" quite often. Turns out, players don't care.

Deleted
    Probably one of the most underrated and hidden new thing with F2P is the Veteran Protostar Academy, it was really fun to figure out how to do the challenges and some of them being seriously challenging (might be partly because of lag..) Suggest giving that thing a try to anyone who's 50 already

That's gorgeous tbh.

I haven't played since F2P went live, so how are the servers coping atm? I've gathered that they're struggling?...

Looking forward to playing the game when things smoothen though, I managed to get about 190ms from Australia with a tunneling program, which is perfectly fine for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    That's gorgeous tbh.

I haven't played since F2P went live, so how are the servers coping atm? I've gathered that they're struggling?...

Looking forward to playing the game when things smoothen though, I managed to get about 190ms from Australia with a tunneling program, which is perfectly fine for the most part.
    The servers are getting better day by day, I expect them to see fixed completely by the weekend(or all hell is going to break lose).
    Or hopefully sooner than that.

The game has been playable, but still gets pretty annoying with the lag.

The servers are getting better day by day, I expect them to see fixed completely by the weekend(or all hell is going to break lose).

Good to hear.... I expect that too. Although it's always great to see the whiners and QQ'ers. After WoD's launch, I'm not even bothered about rocky launches. You could argue this is "Wildstars last card to impress", I guess.

Yeah I think I had combat lag with like 10+ second delays lol.

Hopefully things are fixed by Monday when I return from my holiday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    I didn't say that they should run it on VMWare. We aren't even running VMWare, we are running Xen center. I gave that as an example of a server that we purchased for $10k that is running 40 odd virtual machines. Most data centres do something similar. They allocate you a virtual machine. Its very useful because you can increase and decrease the server strength as required. In our case we have 2 cores per VM but there is nothing stopping us from running with more or less cores per VM. Most small businesses I know of would freak out with a server cost of $100k or $200k. Are you sure you weren't talking about medium size businesses?

In terms of processing power. What makes you think that a game server is so CPU dependent? From my experience these sort of application servers are more dependent on the network than CPU and even if CPU is the bottleneck then it boils down to a cost/benefit analysis. At some point it becomes more beneficial to add more servers rather than to add a faster server. Do you have any idea the sort of calculations you can do on a i7 when you start using things like SIMD? Encryption is the only thing that can push up the load in a way that is outside of your control.

My comment was that they could have added 300 servers for $1 million. Did I expect them to? Of course not but they should have added a lot more than they did. My comment was about them adding some more servers because they could afford to if you compare it to their monthly costs because, as I said before, servers are relatively cheap.

Where did I say that? I said that they didn't need to spend that on a server. Of course there are servers that price. I do question how many small businesses (look at the definition) would be getting servers like that. Most small businesses run in a very lean way. Throwing 100k-200k at a server is bad practice. Small businesses by definition normally have less than 250 users. Even at the maximum, spending $400-$800 for a server (per user) is way over the top. Medium and Large businesses do put those sort of servers in. We had a bank as a client and they had a massive UniSys box that was paritioned into 4 VM's.

You can rent virtual machines at a moments notice and servers don't take that much longer but who said anything about renting and dropping servers on a weekly basis. Carbine had months to plan for this launch. Renting extra servers for 3 months wouldn't kill them.
    I believe CPU power is important due to the AI and other game mechanics that need to be calculated on the server end for thousands of people in a reasonable amount of time. That is the impression i'm getting the more i start digging into game servers of this nature (more WoW, less minecraft). And they seem to vary quite a bit in how they do things.

To clarify the 200K cost would be a total package for a network around 50+ employees, not just the server cost + setup. So guess medium is more correct here, anyway i wanted to point out how quickly costs can rise up.

While you think i'm biased, i'm not even sure that more or less servers is the solution here currently as we have no idea how it is all setup and what the problem is. People are speaking of issues when getting experience what to me seems the traffic to or from their database server might be a bottleneck. Although there is also combat delay, so it can just be delay between all server communication.

Again i was speaking of renting actual servers no vm's

- - - Updated - - -

This was posted a few hours ago on the official forums.

"Hey Everyone -

We wanted to give you an update and let you know where we are at the moment with the game service and current in-game performance.

Since the launch of WildStar free-to-play we’ve seen an overwhelming response from new and returning players, which has resulted in very full servers, and is causing some intermittent issues like server lag, character creation errors, and long queue times.

We’ve been working hard to address the problems arising from the added strain, and we’ve already performed a number of hotfixes—as well as short maintenances and restarts over the last couple days—aimed at optimizing the service to reduce lag, shorten queue times, and help with character creation delays.

We’ll be performing short-notice maintenances over the coming days as our goal is to continue to address these issues as quickly as possible. We highly recommend following @WildStarOps on Twitter for the most up-to-date service and support information, or visiting our Support site for a recent feed of their tweets alongside other notices.

We very much appreciate your patience, and ask that you please continue to give us your feedback on the forums, chat with us via twitter, and keep being the best community there is.

Thank you,

Team WildStar
    "