Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    That's funny. You have people on here that have claimed even since beta that it's not the point and that this game is totally open to casual players and that raiding isn't hard and that everyone is entitled. In fact, they just made the same facetious argument yesterday. But it's ok, because we all know you are correct.

And that is precisely the reason why it failed out of the gate. Not Donatelli nor Pappy could salvage the mess that Gaffney and Frost made.
    This is a case of so called schrodinger game diffuclty, when you make a casual game that is unaccessable for casual players!

7+ Year Old Account
    At the very least, it's an example of the Dunning-Kruger effect. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheevah View Post
    I completely agree on that one, and I'm just a guy that focuses on solo content. I have no gripes with better gear coming from raids, because there is no need for it in the content I'm participating in.

I think that the "need" for raid gear comes predominantly from 2 areas: 1) People that are into cosmetics that can't get their hands on a look they want without raiding, and 2) people that want gear with higher stats to carry them through content they should already be able to do, but lack the patience or skills to down said content in an efficient fashion.
    All content can be cleared by a casual group on a casual schedule of two days, if you by casual mean 'is backpeddling bad?' casual then no they couldn't. That is what was said.

If they are that type of player they wouldn't have found fun in raids either. Not here, not in WoW, not anywhere.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    This is a case of so called schrodinger game diffuclty, when you make a casual game that is unaccessable for casual players!
    At the very least, it's an example of the Dunning-Kruger effect. :P
    Possibly both at the same time, but in any case the end result is lots of lols at people talking about the game and lots of tears for the rest of us 'normal folk' who think it was the highest potential wasted of any MMO we've seen yet. I still love the game, for the world that it built and the things that it did eventually get right. But it's looking like too little way too late.

Hoping they prove me wrong, but not feeling it right now.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    That's funny. You have people on here that have claimed even since beta that it's not the point and that this game is totally open to casual players and that raiding isn't hard and that everyone is entitled. In fact, they just made the same facetious argument yesterday. But it's ok, because we all know you are correct.

And that is precisely the reason why it failed out of the gate. Not Donatelli nor Pappy could salvage the mess that Gaffney and Frost made.
    All content can be cleared by a casual group on a casual schedule of two days, if you by casual mean 'is backpeddling bad?' casual then no they couldn't. That is what was said.
    If they are that type of player they wouldn't have found fun in raids either. Not here, not in WoW, not anywhere.

If the old heads were the problem things would have improved, thing is the Q&A still remained bad and all difficulty was toned down on several levels being it the encounter itself to the power from gear. Also people put way too much on Frost.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post

I'm not certain that you meant to quote me on that one, because my post doesn't seem to fit with the direction your reply is heading. Perhaps it was meant to be a response to Kelimbror. I won't dwell on it much, but I do think it's worth mentioning that even though "casual" isn't synonymous with "unskilled", LFR in WoW has done a lot of damage with the caliber of player that expects to be able to participate and down raiding content, imo.

Possibly both at the same time, but in any case the end result is lots of lols at people talking about the game and lots of tears for the rest of us 'normal folk' who think it was the highest potential wasted of any MMO we've seen yet. I still love the game, for the world that it built and the things that it did eventually get right. But it's looking like too little way too late.

Hoping they prove me wrong, but not feeling it right now.
    Total agreement, here. Love the game, mourn over the unactualized potential, and fear that it's a matter of time before servers close down. I'd love to be wrong on that last bit, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not certain that you meant to quote me on that one, because my post doesn't seem to fit with the direction your reply is heading. Perhaps it was meant to be a response to Kelimbror. I won't dwell on it much, but I do think it's worth mentioning that even though "casual" isn't synonymous with "unskilled", LFR in WoW has done a lot of damage with the caliber of player that expects to be able to participate and down raiding content, imo.
    posting in between moba games so yup wrong person.

7+ Year Old Account
    No biggie. Kick some tail in those matches.

Deleted
    The first one is being pugged, the second one isn't last i heard which is months is that it's mostly bugs and random elements that causes issues that and keeping a decent roster.
    The second raid for most part runs like a dream. lots of guilds still chipping away at it because it's BLOODY HARD

And some are only starting the adventure

It was a great week for <Skywatch>! We got GA without wipes and kill SD yesterday. https://pp.vk.me/c627226/v627226034/...1qIkq4L0U8.jpg
    300+ wipes, 1,5 months, but we solved it and get 1/9 DS.
    I want to thank all you guys, who kills and all who wasn't there last night.
    Second Russian guild opens DS gates!
    PS i want to thank <Cynical> and <Za Drots> for supporting us.
    Last edited by mmoc73340f41a2; 2016-03-15 at 05:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first one is being pugged, the second one isn't last i heard which is months is that it's mostly bugs and random elements that causes issues that and keeping a decent roster.
    Datascape isn't nearly as buggy as it once was AFAIK, just really tightly tuned for groups in GA gear. Half the problem is System Daemons, a true guild killer of a boss.
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

Deleted
    I wont worry that much. As NCSoft still plans Wildstar to appear on steam, they at least would have to add content thruout an extended time frame after release.

So the chance Wildstar dying this year is really low.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I logged into Wildstar the other day and at the main AH location at around midnight PST it had 1 person there, before then it was a lot better during the initial launch after F2P.

Then I went to the Defile for the zone event and nobody was there, whats the current situation?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uggrukor View Post
    I logged into Wildstar the other day and at the main AH location at around midnight PST it had 1 person there, before then it was a lot better during the initial launch after F2P.

Are you on a PvP server?

Then I went to the Defile for the zone event and nobody was there, whats the current situation?
    After a very long time of not playing, and to be fair I never actually signed up to it, I decided I wanted some fun and as it was installed I logged in last Friday. Turns out it was a rather pertinent time to dip back in.

I've barely seen anyone at all and only saw an enemy player last night, as well as one other player, who joined in on a mob I was killing (didn't talk back tho).

So we are in between the time that Wildstar announced a very hefty reduction in staff and tomorrow will be the day the PvP servers are turned off, which might explain why I've seen virtually no one on the one EU PVP server.

As of the moment, I can't play... Earlier I couldn't login back in (to the Player Housing) and now my character has disappeared too!

The housing issue has been acknowledged and, for better or worse, (via reddit) other people have lost their characters too (temporarily, I hope) and there's lots of other chaos - no raids, runes missing, guild bank down, looting failing etc...

Sudden 'scheduled maintenance' announced. Let's hope this sorts it!

Guess they fired the guy who knew how to turn on the servers.

Deleted
    PVP servers are closing...you will find no one there, they have moved to PVE.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I wont worry that much. As NCSoft still plans Wildstar to appear on steam, they at least would have to add content thruout an extended time frame after release.

So the chance Wildstar dying this year is really low.
    That's why I had to rethink ...if it does hit steam, it's not closing any time soon

7+ Year Old Account
    Assuming it actually hits Steam, it might not close down as soon as some are expecting, but that doesn't mean it will be anything more than a stagnant shell of a game for those that have been playing since launch. Steam definitely means the potential for new players, but it doesn't guarantee new content. Without content, veterans will surely grow bored.

Deleted
    I'm no friend of Carbine or NCSOFT I just love Wildstar!
    No content ? We have a fantastic new zone in 3 weeks, if the game hits steam ( and it's still if until it does ) we will get the new raid according to Carbine some time later...plus a bunch of solo content! All this will hit the servers over the next 12 months.....any game would be proud of the content list

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    No content ? We have a fantastic new zone in 3 weeks, if the game hits steam ( and it's still if until it does ) we will get the new raid according to Carbine some time later...plus a bunch of solo content! All this will hit the servers over the next 12 months.....any game would be proud of the content list
    That's right ministabber, get on board! Get on the Wildstar train and let's keep this game alive together.

7+ Year Old Account
    I know they've got content in the pipeline from *before* they laid off half the studio. I have concerns about how smoothly that will be implemented, and how quickly bugs will get addressed on a skeleton crew given they've not had a good track record with that even when staffed.

I love the time I had in Wildstar, and I'll definitely be back to see the new zone when it hits, but I can't get my hope ups for what appears to be a game that is is on autopilot until it runs out of fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    I have no problem with Wildstar being successful and running for many years to come with frequent content, the more options the better it will be for the entire MMO genre but if there was this bright future for the game just over the horizon why did a large part of the team just get fired with the warning that more will follow?

You don't get rid of 40% of your dev team right before you expect a boost in new players.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death