Deleted
    The hills have eyes....OK OK, housing now with hills

At 47 and kinda slowing down now, the zone I'm in seems pretty disjointed and it's hard to find some of the regional quests etc.

Was hoping to make up some experience in adventures (or shiphands? the ones that actually require 5) but never managed to get in one last night. Maybe I'll try for a dungeon or two tonight.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    At 47 and kinda slowing down now, the zone I'm in seems pretty disjointed and it's hard to find some of the regional quests etc.

Was hoping to make up some experience in adventures (or shiphands? the ones that actually require 5) but never managed to get in one last night. Maybe I'll try for a dungeon or two tonight.
    What zone are you in? - Pro Tip, you can now use the content finder to find new quest hubs. Default key is 'N', but you click the quest tab at the top, then the left bar will be zones. Pick your zone, then the main panel will show all the hubs and their corresponding level. Then you can create a Nav Point which adds coords to your quest log and allows you to use the waypoint system to take you there.

If you outleveled the story quests, you may have to check the hubs for some tasks. Additionally, if you hit 49 you can go to Thayd and pick up the quest for Crimson Badlands. It's a daily zone that will get you from 49-50 in like 30 minutes.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    What zone are you in? - Pro Tip, you can now use the content finder to find new quest hubs.
    Um...the one I'm supposed to be in the level range for? I don't know names : /

I've been using that for a while now but sometimes there's nothing there because I likely haven't completed whatever the trigger is to make the quest appear.

Additionally, if you hit 49 you can go to Thayd and pick up the quest for Crimson Badlands. It's a daily zone that will get you from 49-50 in like 30 minutes.
    I'll keep that in mind. Hoping I can speed through to 49 pretty quick then I'll head over there. Then there's some pretty good vendor gear from Arcterra, right? Want to pick that stuff up if it's pretty easy to get before heading into dungeons etc.

10+ Year Old Account

I've been using that for a while now but sometimes there's nothing there because I likely haven't completed whatever the trigger is to make the quest appear.

I'll keep that in mind. Hoping I can speed through to 49 pretty quick then I'll head over there. Then there's some pretty good vendor gear from Arcterra, right? Want to pick that stuff up if it's pretty easy to get before heading into dungeons etc.
    Southern Grimvault I think? It's possible that you went all the way through both Grimvaults and used up all the quests though, that's always been a problem unfortunately. Part of the reason why people think/joke that Carbine just gave up in the last two zones.

The vendor gear from Arcterra worth taking is from the soulfrost vendor. If you do all your quests in Arcterra you should be able to get 1 or 2 pieces a day, it's pretty good---good enough that you can go straight into dungeons with it with them being ilvl 80 (I think, could be 85 which is dungeon level).

When you hit 50 you should probably take a look at the PvP vendor, you can get decent ilvl 64 gear from there for gold. Ministabber said something about white gear from an Arcterra vendor, but I wouldn't use that over the PvP gear however as secondaries generally more important than AP at low gear levels.
    Last edited by Tryuk; 2016-04-15 at 06:26 PM.
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

10+ Year Old Account
    That could be like 4 zones you bum. I guess you aren't at home to tell me though.
    Hrm...have you been back to the capital city in a while? There are a couple of boards where quests may be and after a little delay, some NPCs should give you some. I did Malgrave from 40-43, W.Grimvault from 43-46, S. Grim from 46-49, then 49-50 in Crimson Badlands. If you are 47, you should still have quests in S. Grim, otherwise you are going to have to go back and find tasks in W. Grim or do expeditions or something.
    That's what people are saying, but I'm old fashioned so idk. My new 50 from last weekend just started the daily zone train along with expeditions for gear, with one weapon being purchased from the AH gor like 35g to give me a little oomph.
    BAD WOLF

Thanks for the info. Will check out the PvP vendor thingy (are they in Thayd?) but if I have to step foot into PvP that's a huge steaming pile of nope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the info. Will check out the PvP vendor thingy (are they in Thayd?) but if I have to step foot into PvP that's a huge steaming pile of nope.
    Yup it's in Thayd. Nope, don't have to do PvP, just gold.
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

Man, I'm going to have to come back to this thread tonight and take notes or something. I'm totally not going to remember all this stuff -_-

Deleted
    Check all the places You can go to the new zone at level 48 with Carbines blessing, no idea if you can get the quests then ( if you can let me know )

New player basic tutorial....guessing it's just about ready

Tried tested and approved by a 5 year old, she's been playing Wildstar for over 6 months...thinks she's so pro now
    Last edited by mmoc73340f41a2; 2016-04-16 at 11:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once you get over the hurdle to get to 49, it becomes really straightforward.
    1) Pick up the quest from the central capital hub for Crimson Badlands. One full run will get you 50.

2) Level 50 consists of a few major points

- Contract board: Pick ones up that will coincide with activities you'll do already. If there is a contract for drops from Crimson Badlands mobs, then do that daily area.
    - Daily Zones: Crimson Badlands, Northern Wastes, StarComm, and Arcterra primarily...also have some stuff in Blighthaven and the Defile
    - Veteran Expeditions for fun, gear, and mats. Can be done solo or with friends. Solo means instant queue, so no wait.

3) Several lore based quest chains, including the raid attunement which now starts by introducing you to the rune system, then one expedition, one adventure, then all 4 dungeons.

4) Housinghousinghousinghousing like dude, start getting housing items and go nuts. Sooo fun.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/VGY88 more great concept wildstar art

20 minutes as dps/healer waiting on a veteran adventure -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    20 minutes as dps/healer waiting on a veteran adventure -_-
    If you are Exile, do /chjoin LFG

Dominion, /chjoin entitylfm
    BAD WOLF

Wildstar coming to Steam. /hype!!

Deleted
    unless you form or join a group...no one does them

If you are Exile, do /chjoin LFG

Dominion, /chjoin entitylfm
    Will give it a shot. Currently following around some zerg in Arcterra, getting some stuff done so it seems productive. So outside of doing dungeons and the like...it's just spam dailies for stuff? I see the Acterra stuff gives tokens for some pretty good gear, but do the dailies in other zones give anything useful?

Deleted
    GOLD do contracts. top reward is item lvl 100

10+ Year Old Account
    Will give it a shot. Currently following around some zerg in Arcterra, getting some stuff done so it seems productive. So outside of doing dungeons and the like...it's just spam dailies for stuff? I see the Acterra stuff gives tokens for some pretty good gear, but do the dailies in other zones give anything useful?
    Each rep gives you one amp or ability point at max rep, maybe both..can't remember. Then there are lots of drops and salvaging for rune materials needed to improve your better gear. Then there are pets, mounts, discoveries, stuff to add to your wardrobe, dyes....elder gem weekly. And housing housing housing items. And do your contracts to get leet epics and all the stuff I mentioned before.
    BAD WOLF

So basically...world of dailies? : /