7+ Year Old Account
    Glad to see this game hasn't been abandoned. Definitely looks like some good changes on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheevah View Post
    Glad to see this game hasn't been abandoned. Definitely looks like some good changes on the horizon.
    Agreed

2017 may be one of Wildstars best years yet
    WILDSTAR, The best f2p themepark mmorpg! Play today! http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/freetoplay/
    Come join me and thousands of others

Quote Originally Posted by Wildbark View Post
    Agreed

2017 may be one of Wildstars best years yet
    One could be a cynic and comment that that's not setting the bar very high But I would never say such a thing ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post

Also as other's have said, to compare wow and wildstar and think they problems they had were similar is ludicrous.
    Was going for bad design and unfinished tbh, both games had bad design and both unfinished at release...what's ludicrous about saying that ?

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Was going for bad design and unfinished tbh, both games had bad design and both unfinished at release...what's ludicrous about saying that ?
    Because in 10 years a lot has changed. You cannot compare it. Also no you literally just dumped on WoW to make Wildstar appear better. Stop trying to act so innocent in all this.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Is Wildstar dead now or are players coming back? I notice the wow servers on EU seem to be "dying" somewhat, and I am on two of the biggest servers.
    Cuz I really loved Wildstar, but don't want to play if it is going to be shutdown within the next year

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    It's unlikely that the servers will close in 2017, however the population continues to crash so there may not even be anyone left when they do close in a year or two.
    This. 4 guilds have cleared the current raid as far as we know. That already shows raiding is in a dire state. I don't even want to know how bad PvP is.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    This. 4 guilds have cleared the current raid as far as we know. That already shows raiding is in a dire state. I don't even want to know how bad PvP is.
    That's actually pretty damn sad. I may not hold Wildstar in high regard but I think it deserves better than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Every MMO everywhere needs to consider making more things account-wide...
    Fucking hell this! Blizzard dragging their ass not having shit account wide just makes me want to go back and just play FFXIV full time. Most players in WoW aren't (probably anyway, but I'll stick with this regardless, lol) useless shit bags that stay at home all day just to redo characters all over again, they really should try to respect that for once.

If Aurin warriors become a thing, I might jump back in and make one for funsies.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am kind of surprised that the servers are still open to be honest. Given how dire its financial situation has been for the last few years, i would not have thought it to still be above the profit threshold. It makes me wonder if NCSoft is subsidizing the game in a last bid gamble to see if players come back. But at this point the low population of the game is itself keeping a lot of potential new players away. Who wants to start playing a fresh new mmo that has already been abandoned by the community at large? Especially an MMO with as poisonous a history as Wildstar.

I played in beta and for about a week after launch before walking away in disgust, but i do wonder occasionally about the current state of things. But whenever i think about maybe retrying the game, i think about how dull and lifeless the world must be with so small a player base, especially for a new character who effectively knows nothing about the game.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2016-12-12 at 02:56 PM.

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/ne...a-dec-18jan-1/

Winter-fest is a great holiday and can't wait to do it again.

Some things on recent posts.
    - Pvp has been popping again! Yay!
    - about 5 guilds have cleared RMT, which is considered by FAR the hardest Wildstar raid, there are 20+ guilds in RMT, and believed to be around 20 more spread throughout GA and DS. If you compare that with other raiding based games besides the two juggernauts, than it is not as "dire" as made out to be.

Low level dungeons have been popping more frequently.

Now I am not going to say the game is rising, but it certainly isn't crashing anymore, its not going to keep going down hard because the Legion hype has worn off (even I left Wildstar for a month when Legion came out)
    WILDSTAR, The best f2p themepark mmorpg! Play today! http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/freetoplay/
    Come join me and thousands of others

Was about to post the Winterfest thing -_-

I didn't do much of it last year, will be fun to truly experience it this time.

As to your points Wildbark, I will say I don't disagree that raiding is still healthier compared to some other "dead mmorpgs" but I wouldn't say it's healthy, and I have been getting more que pops, but maybe they just fixed multi-que...who knows, just looking forward to the confirmed new content next year (new zone, new dungeon, hardmode raid, new expedition, Eldan forge)
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Was about to post the Winterfest thing -_-

I didn't do much of it last year, will be fun to truly experience it this time.

As to your points Wildbark, I will say I don't disagree that raiding is still healthier compared to some other "dead mmorpgs" but I wouldn't say it's healthy, and I have been getting more que pops, but maybe they just fixed multi-que...who knows, just looking forward to the confirmed new content next year (new zone, new dungeon, hardmode raid, new expedition, Eldan forge)
    Raiding isn't healthy if only 5 guilds have completed the current raid. You cannot say whatsoever that 5 guilds is a healthy raid scene. 20 are going at it is even less healthy. Also Redmoon is the current raid let's not bring older raids into this. There are 20 guilds doing the current raid and 5 have completed it. That is dire.

If you really want to bring up old raids lets bring up how Datascape was changed from 40 to 20 man because people couldn't fill a 40 man roster.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-12-12 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Raiding isn't healthy if only 5 guilds have completed the current raid. You cannot say whatsoever that 5 guilds is a healthy raid scene. 20 are going at it is even less healthy. Also Redmoon is the current raid let's not bring older raids into this. There are 20 guilds doing the current raid and 5 have completed it. That is dire.

If you really want to bring up old raids lets bring up how Datascape was changed from 40 to 20 man because people couldn't fill a 40 man roster.
    I think you misinterpreted what I said about the old raids

Those are guilds in them right now, as we speak. Not guilds throughout the past 2 years, so the 40 man comparison doesn't really work

Also never said it was healthy, but certainly healthier than other "known" mmorpgs (man it is storming outside, the clouds are like a RIFT)

40 man raiding was stupid from the start, no modern mmorpg outside of WoW could have a healthy raiding scene.

I would rather everyone here stopped bringing up the past randomly, be it 40 man raiding when it isn't relevant, or far worse, bringing up WoWs past when it does not belong here whatsoever

Again, I never once said it was healthy, because it is not, it is however still fairing better than the other graveyard mmorpgs (Which I do consider Wildstar to be one)
    Diablo Bore.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Winter-fest is a great holiday and can't wait to do it again.
    It's one of the best MMO holidays. Really, Wildstar knocks it out of the park with Shade's Eve and Winterfest, with a few things that could be improved. In terms of content and creativity, only GW2 has it beat for me.
    Pvp has been popping again! Yay!
    Low level dungeons have been popping more frequently.
    Unfortunately anecdotal and has no value to the conversation.
    about 5 guilds have cleared RMT, which is considered by FAR the hardest Wildstar raid, there are 20+ guilds in RMT, and believed to be around 20 more spread throughout GA and DS. If you compare that with other raiding based games besides the two juggernauts, than it is not as "dire" as made out to be.
    Actually, you just said only 5 guilds have cleared the last raid and only 20 total are attempting it. Then claimed that there are about 40 guilds raiding in the game, but somehow that's not dire. I don't think you know what 'dire' means. The state of Wildstar raiding is abysmal and they need to cut the ties clean. I hope that's what Pappy was talking about recently with new stuff on the way. This needs to be a small group, single player adventure MMO where you can gear to the nines by playing world content, running expeditions, etc. The raids need to be converted into this content, or simply dropped.

In a game that has a fraction of a fraction of a fraction playing, you need small scale content that feels big.
    Now I am not going to say the game is rising, but it certainly isn't crashing anymore, its not going to keep going down hard because the Legion hype has worn off (even I left Wildstar for a month when Legion came out)
    I'm a huge W* fan, but this is the type of fanboy propaganda that makes people hate this community. We can't claim whether the game is or isn't crashing. They don't put out new content unless it's for the store, it seems like almost no one plays based on concurrency, and really there's nothing positive on the horizon that we can definitely say will help.
    I get that you want to be positive, but it doesn't really do the game any favors to whitewash it.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    It's one of the best MMO holidays. Really, Wildstar knocks it out of the park with Shade's Eve and Winterfest, with a few things that could be improved. In terms of content and creativity, only GW2 has it beat for me.

Unfortunately anecdotal and has no value to the conversation.

Actually, you just said only 5 guilds have cleared the last raid and only 20 total are attempting it. Then claimed that there are about 40 guilds raiding in the game, but somehow that's not dire. I don't think you know what 'dire' means. The state of Wildstar raiding is abysmal and they need to cut the ties clean. I hope that's what Pappy was talking about recently with new stuff on the way. This needs to be a small group, single player adventure MMO where you can gear to the nines by playing world content, running expeditions, etc. The raids need to be converted into this content, or simply dropped.

In a game that has a fraction of a fraction of a fraction playing, you need small scale content that feels big.

I'm a huge W* fan, but this is the type of fanboy propaganda that makes people hate this community. We can't claim whether the game is or isn't crashing. They don't put out new content unless it's for the store, it seems like almost no one plays based on concurrency, and really there's nothing positive on the horizon that we can definitely say will help.
    I get that you want to be positive, but it doesn't really do the game any favors to whitewash it.
    Well there is nothing wrong with bringing up personal experiences so as long as you dont say "WILDSTAR IS GROWING, HYPUUU" or some stupid shit, like I said, I have seen an increase in que pops but I would say they may have just fixed there broken ass matchmaking.

The raiding point should not be compared to games with ffxiv or WoW or even gw2, which while not being outright stated, is clearly what people here are thinking.

Wildstar is at this point, a stagnant niche game and they clearly already have focused away from raiding. they only released RMT because it was there.

If you compare Wildstars raiding scene to other graveyard mmorpgs, I would say it is doing moderate. I don't raid anymore, so I would rather more small content as well (which is exactly what they are working on)

On a different note, I hated that "rocketing into 2017" post they made as it was just a "Hey guys, recap! Stay tuned for more!!!11one"
    Diablo Bore.

Deleted
    Hey, so I've crashed down from my Legion hype last couple of weeks, and I started getting all nostalgic about my Esper healer. I played pretty hardcore until the population dropped enough to have them consolidate servers a few months after launch (iirc), the free server transfers messed around with my guild so much that I dropped the game after about one month of, frankly, awesome raiding.

Now it's f2p, I'm thinking of checking it out again. What do y'all think, worth it? Are the f2p elements a total drag, or is this going to be fun to pick back up?

Quote Originally Posted by Vasher View Post
    Hey, so I've crashed down from my Legion hype last couple of weeks, and I started getting all nostalgic about my Esper healer. I played pretty hardcore until the population dropped enough to have them consolidate servers a few months after launch (iirc), the free server transfers messed around with my guild so much that I dropped the game after about one month of, frankly, awesome raiding.

Now it's f2p, I'm thinking of checking it out again. What do y'all think, worth it? Are the f2p elements a total drag, or is this going to be fun to pick back up?
    Honestly in terms of F2P model it's the fairest one out there. Usual level boost but nothing bordering on or actual pay to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    It's beyond fair, they didn't monetize jack shit and they're suffering for it.
    Just recently they fixed that and have decent things and systems, to late

To late, Carbines motto...
    Last edited by ryanmahaffe; 2016-12-13 at 10:40 PM.
    Diablo Bore.

Deleted
    Madame Fay Christmas 2016 pet mount and costume.....just awesome ( last years is available by doing this years event, starts December 18th )

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe the best hand made housing item I've ever seen ( William Heartsong NA )