10+ Year Old Account
    Didnt Ministabber have some sort of breakdown back when this went f2p and started criticizing the game? Or am imagining things? What made him/her turn around again?
    Last edited by Razael; 2016-12-19 at 02:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Rubbish..anybody who wants to raid in Wildstar can! Depending on your skill lvl of course, loads of guild spam in chat!!! Think you and many others just want LFR

EDIT: just remembered I took this screenshot today, because I just knew the usual suspects would come out with the same old crap....1 fresh starting 1 hardcore and 1 middle of the road guild looking for more raid members
    Are guilds looking for people such a rare occurence that you need to screenshot them?
    Or do you always run around with the chat-box covering half your monitor?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly feel that the main thing holding Wildstar back at this point is its own checkered past. The only hope this game has for an immediate future that doesnt include permanent server shutdown is to lure back large numbers of players and keep them playing. But the very name Wildstar equates in the minds of many to "That terrible hardcore raid MMO that failed miserably". Constant PR shilling of certian posters aside, the game truly seems to have changed its ways over the past couple of years. IMO a FF14-style reboot that focuses on purging the Wildstar name and rebranding the game would be a very big step towards showing prospective players that the new dev team is serious about atoning for the sins of the original devs.

I mean, dont get me wrong, i know its not going to happen and this game may hang in for another year or two, but lets be honest - its pretty much resting its head on the chopping block at this point. And NCSoft has got to be thinking more and more about calling in the headsman and writing this trainwreck off.

But for its own sake, WS needs to do something big to bring back players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Didnt Ministabber have some sort of breakdown back when this went f2p and started criticizing the game? Or am imagining things? What made him/her turn around again?
    Yeah mini did go a bit nuts when that happened...Makes me wonder a bit if paid or just that zealous

I saw I could play a chua warrior so I guess I'm gonna take it for a spin again.

Is it worth it to sub if you play? I seem to remember when I was leveling my engineer post f2p it didn't seem like it.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    I saw I could play a chua warrior so I guess I'm gonna take it for a spin again.

Is it worth it to sub if you play? I seem to remember when I was leveling my engineer post f2p it didn't seem like it.
    FYI I think it's around $10 to unlock that race/class combo, though I may have the price wrong off the top of my head.

As for the sub, it's a really nice perk and it's good to pick up. But as you say, it's absolutely not necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    FYI I think it's around $10 to unlock that race/class combo, though I may have the price wrong off the top of my head.

As for the sub, it's a really nice perk and it's good to pick up. But as you say, it's absolutely not necessary.
    Pretty much this. Game has the fairest F2P model out there and it doesn't make it feel like you have to sub.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Are guilds looking for people such a rare occurence that you need to screenshot them?
    Or do you always run around with the chat-box covering half your monitor?
    No not rare at all and no it's not my normal chat box like I said I took the screenshot because I knew how toxic the thread would get once I said they would have no problem the first thing most of the trolls say is prove it, trust me, I knew what was coming

No not rare at all and no it's not my normal chat box like I said I took the screenshot because I knew how toxic the thread would get once I said they would have no problem the first thing most of the trolls say is prove it, trust me, I knew what was coming
    Nobody said there was any trouble finding one. They were just pointing out raiding is in a pretty dire state. But sure again call people trolls because that's all you have to fall back on.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-12-19 at 09:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Nobody said there was any trouble finding one. They were just pointing out raiding is in a pretty dire state. But sure again call people trolls because that's all you have to fall back on.
    But that's the point, raiding is not in a dire state those who raid are having a great time! Most who post here don't raid...they don't even play the game Don't get me wrong we also have toxic raiders, most of the spew seems to be coming from ex enigma members who are very salty!

If you enjoy part of a game it's great, if you don't then it's not.....I just wish we had fishing

But that's the point, raiding is not in a dire state those who raid are having a great time! Most who post here don't raid...they don't even play the game Don't get me wrong we also have toxic raiders, most of the spew seems to be coming from ex enigma members who are very salty!

If you enjoy part of a game it's great, if you don't then it's not.....I just wish we had fishing
    20 guilds in the current raid is dire. Stop trying to say it isn't. Also if anything the toxicity from this thread is coming from you with how you and Wildbark blindly defend the game as if it's the best thing since sliced bread. Not to mention you personally dumping on other MMOs frequently to make yours look better. Which is just desperate if you have to resort to that.

Alright guys, this "discussion" is going in circles and it's not terribly productive. Let's shelve it for now and discuss other areas of the game, or contribute something new to this discussion. Arguing about other posters posting habits doesn't leave room for discussion, so take that to tells.

Deleted
    The Christmas event is awesome....in my opinion http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/ga...ts/winterfest/

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post

It's nice, but not necessary. I think it's worth it when you are active for the XP and currency boost. Also some nice perks now. When I had a sub running (granted it was from buying boxes so didn't cost 15 a month) it felt awesome. Now that I don't have a sub, I don't have as much inclination to play, but I still will because most of the game is entirely free.

Edit: Merry Winterfest from the Wife, me, and Wildstar! (she's the lucky duck on the Panda Snarf since her housing skills are the bomb. I'm the normal one.)

Last edited by Kelimbror; 2016-12-20 at 12:38 AM.
    BAD WOLF

No to relevant or discussion video

But here is a guild kill of Star Eater (1st boss of redmoon mutiny raid/ 5 boss of Redmoon Terror raid)

https://www.twitch.tv/forsciencegaming/v/108445112

I love kill videos, so just thought I would post it
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    You're kind of right, at the same time it is unacceptable how a lot of "new" MMO's have launched. They need to sop rushing the release and make sure they have basic features in game that people are going to expect in 2016. For example a LFG. If you think you are going to release a successful MMO in this day and age without that you are crazy.

Also as other's have said, to compare wow and wildstar and think they problems they had were similar is ludicrous.
    yea god forbid people need to immerse themselves in a games community and create/network friendships and make their own groups/statics.

not in the "me" generation of instant gratification and offense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yup - I unlocked the Aurin Engineer - same price US$9

My thing is exploring, questing and group content / 2 or 5 player, so for the moment, considering the games business model, regardless of population, it's good value for me right now.

At least there is also raid content in the game at the moment and that whole "raid prep" zone, so when I get to max level again, I'll decide whether to stay / take a break again. For now, enjoying it. It's nice that there are no paywalls.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2016-12-20 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Interim View Post
    yea god forbid people need to immerse themselves in a games community and create/network friendships and make their own groups/statics.

not in the "me" generation of instant gratification and offense.
    Which failed miserably initially with Wildstar. It's only just managed to pick itself back up to have a community. The fallout from the mess during the sub times damaged it. Also LFG does not suddenly mean a community cannot exist. LFG exists in FF14 for example and there are still networks and friendships in the form of Linkshells and Free Companies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Yup - I unlocked the Aurin Engineer - same price US$9

My thing is exploring, questing and group content / 2 or 5 player, so for the moment, considering the games business model, regardless of population, it's good value for me right now.
    How you enjoying it Wocky btw? Wanted to see how you were doing since you moved away from Rift. I just couldn't enjoy Wildstar. Loved my Spellslinger but eh I just got bored rather quickly despite the awesome housing.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafiaxo View Post
    Played it last night, Love Winter Fest. Probably my favorite holiday in an mmo. Love how Thayd is literally covered in snow/decorations. Makes me sad Blizzard never does anything like that.
    Honestly when it comes to MMOs Wildstar and Guild Wars 2 have the most decent holidays imo.

Deleted
    I'm saving my event coin for the crazy snow globe mount