Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    yes, but it makes little sense to completely seperate the two in a discussion about how fun, varied, reaction based, challenging and/or innovative actually playing the game is.
    That was not a conversation I was having. Only mechanical and rule operation was my interest. Only.

I wanna see more of the skill Tiers

Its a great concept, wanna see how they pull it off. GW2 could flippin use a skill by skill tier system.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    The AMA is worth reading but I'd like to pick this out specifically because I know I was concerned about this:

I noticed on the Warrior Livestream that something was mentioned about Assault Points and Support Points, more importantly, how the Warrior would have less of these than a light armored class due to their heavy armor. The Esper page also mentioned something like this, saying their DPS would match or exceed anyone else's. I was wondering if a heavier armored class will always have less DPS or healing throughput, etc, than a class with lighter armor. Wouldn't this encourage class stacking of lighter armored characters if their DPS would be the highest?

The heart of my concern is this; What steps are you taking to encourage raiders to bring a healthy assortment of classes to their raids?
    Hey Nauli!

To get straight to the heart of your concern:

- The raids themselves are designed to encourage the use of ALL the classes. There are certain fights in which you will not do well in if you bring just light armor classes.

- We have stances on the lower DPS classes that allow them to sacrifice their mitigation in exchange for higher DPS. This is a lever we can modify if we find that certain classes are being excluded from the raiding scene.

- Classes will bring more than just their DPS to a raid. Within their set of abilities we will be including tools that will be highly desired in the raid environment.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

I like this part.

- Classes will bring more than just their DPS to a raid. Within their set of abilities we will be including tools that will be highly desired in the raid environment.
    I hope it brings more than WoW does. In WoW you have your standard knockbacks, slows & bleh bleh we all know what can bring what kind of 'bread & butter' feel. I hope wildstar brings it more of, this class can bring what this class can, but it also has an additional utility feel to it, so it can maybe slow in an area and snare occasionally, where as this other class can also slow, but instead of having a chance to snare it has a chance to stack a DoT on them that spreads to others.

Totally random I know, but you can always wish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spring 2014 gon` be busy D:

I really hope that we dont see things like Bloodlust & Infight-Rezz. These abilities are way to strong in a raidenvironment in my opinion to give them only to one available class...

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    I really hope that we dont see things like Bloodlust & Infight-Rezz. These abilities are way to strong in a raidenvironment in my opinion to give them only to one available class...
    Can't speak on Bloodlust, but from the recent Esper AMA on Reddit, CRB_Hugh said:

"All classes are able to revive while out of combat. We don’t currently have plans for a combat res."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    awww my sig broke
    it did?

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    That was not a conversation I was having. Only mechanical and rule operation was my interest. Only.
    alright then^^

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    I like this part.
    i like this part:
    - We have stances on the lower DPS classes that allow them to sacrifice their mitigation in exchange for higher DPS. This is a lever we can modify if we find that certain classes are being excluded from the raiding scene.
    because it means that even if their other design choices (raid encounter design, ability design, and how they work together) fail in respects to balancing class representation in raids, they'll still have a way to ensure said balance with sort of a fail-safe button. that may not be the ideal solution, and less fun in some respects than the other ideas, but it wouldn't be the first mmo developer that had to discover that not all their design choices worked out as planned^^

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    i assume they are talking about utility like crowd control, mobility, raid damage reduction, etc.

About beta tests in general.

There is nothing quite as great as posting about an issue or bug and having some rabid fanboy attack you telling you that it's a learn to play issue and that you just "aren't good at it" and THEN have the dev team be like, "Oh. No that's a known bug we haven't talked about publicly. We've been trying to fix it for a while."
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post

There is nothing quite as great as posting about an issue or bug and having some rabid fanboy attack you telling you that it's a learn to play issue and that you just "aren't good at it" and THEN have the dev team be like, "Oh. No that's a known bug we haven't talked about publicly. We've been trying to fix it for a while."
    lol, that sounds fun awesome^^

Pretty much my entire SW:TOR beta experience in a nutshell, well except for the devs admitting its a bug and fixing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyoneZlatan View Post
    Pretty much my entire SW:TOR beta experience in a nutshell, well except for the devs admitting its a bug and fixing anything.
    the carbine team was very vocal in the previous betas on the forums, it really does seem like they listen/care about the feedback. Most posts seemed to have at least 1 dev reply to them.

..They also taunted and mocked us in game if we couldnt break something..

All my swtor beta feedback was like, "So... rail space sucks. You are going to add free flight space, right?"

3 years later they do

The die hard fans are the WORST for both community and development because they are opposed to improvements, options, and different ideas. I mean, if someone doesn't like the core game it's fine to tell them like, "Hey, this may not be the game for you" but you come across people who respond to things like, "Hmm, why does X quest make you run all the way back when the rest of the quest set has you move to the next hub?" and you get things like, "Get out. You don't deserve to play MY game".

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, that sounds pretty acurate..

The die hard fans are the WORST for both community and development because they are opposed to improvements, options, and different ideas. I mean, if someone doesn't like the core game it's fine to tell them like, "Hey, this may not be the game for you" but you come across people who respond to things like, "Hmm, why does X quest make you run all the way back when the rest of the quest set has you move to the next hub?" and you get things like, "Get out. You don't deserve to play MY game".
    just ignore them. they aren't worth your time.

besides, the devs will mostly just ignore them too, as that kind of players will either just stick with the game, regardless of if or what changes are made, or they will ragequit because of tiny things sooner rather than later anway.

I wasted so much time in the SWTOR beta. Hundreds of hours of testing. I've never felt more like a developer didn't listen to feedback more than with that game.

It actually looks to have finally come around as well and the space changes look awesome. My anger about the launch just wont let me go back to playing it ever I don't think.

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    I wasted so much time in the SWTOR beta. Hundreds of hours of testing. I've never felt more like a developer didn't listen to feedback more than with that game.

It actually looks to have finally come around as well and the space changes look awesome. My anger about the launch just wont let me go back to playing it ever I don't think.
    I can think of one game that is still in development hell who listened less.

In fact, they went the opposite direction the fans asked because they had a new "vision" of their game when development was transferred to the main company.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormkhan View Post
    Spring 2014 gon` be busy D:
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Speculation of Warlords of Draenor around then
    Speculation of EverQuest Next around then
    Speculation of Wildstar around then
    There is no way EQ Next is releasing that early. Landmarks Beta starts March 31st and the games beta hasnt even been announced yet. Be lucky if that comes out in 2014.

Personally I hope the game comes out when its finished regardless of how long that takes and preferably after the WoW expansion. It might hurt their box sales off the bat but it might make the experience better for those who were looking forward to the game.

When bored WoW players buy a game simply because they are waiting for the next xpac it brings down the experience in game and on forums in my experience.

- - - Updated - - -

I can think of one game that is still in development hell who listened less.
    Does it start with Fire and end with Fall?

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    Does it start with Fire and end with Fall?
    Huehuehue.
    No, EoN.

FF is listening to players. Just not the players who wanted a TF2 MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually see the devs as being pretty communicative in the Betas I'm in. But no matter how open they are? It won't make up for a bad design. There always comes a point where they have to close their eyes, cross their fingers, and jump. Unfortunately, splats have been more common than flights.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I usually see the devs as being pretty communicative in the Betas I'm in. But no matter how open they are? It won't make up for a bad design. There always comes a point where they have to close their eyes, cross their fingers, and jump. Unfortunately, splats have been more common than flights.
    very well put, and i agree^^