guys, could you please stop talking about your beta experience. i like mmo-c and would really like to see it stay online.

so. yeah. nda. et cetra.
    "And so it begins, grab on to your nipples, it's gonna be one hell of a ride." ~ Meteoria
    "AND THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE WHO THINK YOU'RE MENTAL FOR LIKING A GIGGLE STICK MORE THAN A HAM WALLET!! PEOPLE WHO THINK A LIFE OF BEING HATED AND BEATEN AND MURDERED IS SOMETHING A PERSON WOULD CHOOSE TO DO WILLINGLY JUST TO BLOW ANOTHER GUY OR LICK ANOTHER CHICK'S FANNY!!!" ~ Reddit user

Lane, wouldn't releasing right before Summer enable them to obtain a large amount of the kids who are out for summer and able to buy/sub into a game? (In reference to your post earlier)

summer releases usually aren't the best idea

Quote Originally Posted by Xayon View Post
    Lane, wouldn't releasing right before Summer enable them to obtain a large amount of the kids who are out for summer and able to buy/sub into a game? (In reference to your post earlier)
    You would think so, but apparently summer is a "lull" time for MMOs where participation drops off substantially. I've seen quite a few MMOs report diminished numbers over the summer, it's like an expected thing.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    You would think so, but apparently summer is a "lull" time for MMOs where participation drops off substantially. I've seen quite a few MMOs report diminished numbers over the summer, it's like an expected thing.
    That's interesting. I've actually never heard that before. I'm just hoping its not released in May as I'll be abroad in Europe for the month. Rather selfish thing to say, I know. Just would rather not be far behind everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dannypoos View Post
    I've been watching loads of vids and streams for this. I think I'm gonna go a Aurin stalker scientist, unfortunatly it seems i'm going to have to go female the males just don't look right. my 9 year old nephew think's it looks cool too So I may get it for him aswell and play together xD
    For a raid i think ranged class would be better for aurin. + stalker aurin tank looks wrong when fighting big bosses (kinda like gnomes). Unles if you go full pvp thats it.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xayon View Post
    That's interesting. I've actually never heard that before. I'm just hoping its not released in May as I'll be abroad in Europe for the month. Rather selfish thing to say, I know. Just would rather not be far behind everyone else.
    I don't know why, but the summer is video game slow season. Companies generally try not to release a title during the summer due to lower sales.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    I don't know why, but the summer is video game slow season. Companies generally try not to release a title during the summer due to lower sales.
    Because people go outside during the summer, heaven forbid, I know.

Really though, the off-summer seasons are prime for home entertainment of all kinds. No one really wants to be outside for very long with the cold, or rain or allergies so they find themselves on a search for more interesting things to do at home. Big sale targets for videogames, televisions and even kitchen appliances.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Because people go outside during the summer, heaven forbid, I know.

Really though, the off-summer seasons are prime for home entertainment of all kinds. No one really wants to be outside for very long with the cold, or rain or allergies so they find themselves on a search for more interesting things to do at home. Big sale targets for videogames, televisions and even kitchen appliances.
    I hate going outside where I live(Texas), especially in the summer.
    Burn to death under 100 degrees everyday? No thanks.

I would love a summer MMO release. But I guess numbers show it doesn't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Balte View Post

I would love a summer MMO release. But I guess numbers show it doesn't work out.
    Same situation for me. Its extremely hot and humid here in the summer...Not nice unless at a beach. But I guess a large amount of places are actually nice.

I have lived in both Florida and Texas, so I can relate.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Few people are like that though. Kids go out and play and teens work. Summer is just not a good time.

10+ Year Old Account

No doubt. I moved down here (Kentucky) a couple years back and the humidity about knocked me on my ass. I couldn't believe it. It's like if you go outside and jump, you could swim in the air like fucking Mario. However, if I don't get a few hours of sun recharge every couple of days, I feel like my batteries die and my motivation goes out the window. I needs my sunlight!
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Depends on if you have persistent beta access or only stress test. If only stress test then I would switch because leveling in Wildstar is slow, in fact, I'm not even sure you can get to 20 in a weekend (unless you play a lot). Otherwise, it doesn't really matter, unless you're aiming to get to 32 before March or something.

I don't like that they made Esper's bread & butter attack stationary, that's my main complaint with the class.
    well ive been playing it since i installed it so im pretty sure its not a stresstest key

Well, then it doesn't matter. :P You can always switch to something else and only play the esper with rested experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    blankity blank
    Last edited by Achaman; 2014-02-14 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalmansikka View Post
    *rant*
    Can someone enlighten me why game makers even bother with these useless NDAs?
    Well one major reason is the game is in Beta and is constantly being change/tweaked and retweaked. And there is a large % of players who frequent this particular game genre who think Beta test means "Demo".

When these people run into something that isn't working or god forbid their class gets changed in some way the first thing they do is run off to the internet to complain. People can also spread misinformation about the game or not have the full picture for a particular feature.

These people can sway other people to think the game or feature is bad when it really might just.

The sense of entitlement and anger I see from players in beta tests for games in the last 5 years is astounding. They will sometimes complain like they want a refund over something not working or being changed.

The NDA right now is only protecting the Elder game and rightfully so as it needs to be tested and adjusted accordingly. If this didnt exist the people I mentioned above would run out to the first website and right shit like "lawl so easy 1 shot it in greens".

You will know whether or not you want to play the game in the first 15 levels, so anything you can see on the internet should help with that. Most of the features of the game are similar to other games in the genre

If the only thing that concerns you is the end game raiding type content then you are going to just have to fucking risk it. Just like any other new MMO that hits the market this is par for the course.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    summer releases usually aren't the best idea
    Based off of what exactly?

GW2 sold a million copies and had 400k concurrent users during the "summer" (August)
    The only other MMO I know of the release in the summer was Neverwinter (June)but that was kind of a joke since it really came out in April they just had "open beta" with microtransactions for 2 months.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    Per NCSoft's Q4 '13 call, WildStar is expected sometime around "mid 2014".
    I am still going with a June release, probably the 10th or 17th with a weekend open beta event shortly before that.

I am sure they have something in mind but would like to see a release date from Blizzard before pushing out the Wildstars pre-order and release date information. If they do try to make a June release they have another month or so leeway before they have to announce it to give a solid 2+ months of pre-order time.
    Last edited by jearle; 2014-02-14 at 04:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    GW2 sold a million copies and had 400k concurrent users during the "summer" (August)
    August is the end of summer in NA in terms of most people are in the process of preparing and/or returning to school. It varies by location, but many school years begin around mid to late August. GW2's launch was August 28th, which would have been the last week of 'freedom' for almost everyone in NA if they hadn't already started school.

Stark contrast to a game releasing in May/June at the very beginning of summer break.
    Last edited by Lane; 2014-02-14 at 04:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    got a char to 6 and im already back to playing WoW ptr :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    got a char to 6 and im already back to playing WoW ptr :/
    Another beta key hard at work.