Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    Don't really care what other games are doing, i'm looking at the way this game is designed and forming opinions around that.
    Here we go again...

this has to be the 4th time in this thread where you intend to start a p2p arguement and why the game just can't be anything else but p2p because it's so good.

And then millions of people post examples (again) of games that are not p2p and doing extremely well

and then you ignore them again

and then 30 pages later you start this again.

There I just finished this debate by myself moving on to something that's not the p2p argument.....

WHERE IS MY GREMLIMS?
    Don't need to retype myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever revenue model Carbine chooses I'm at least willing to give it a try.

As far as content?

Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    it wont be.. but anyway lets move along until its announced.
    yes, yes it will be.

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 08:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    It looks to me that they will probably sell monthly content packs piece meal or offer a subscription.
    IE: you can buy a magazine at your local gas station for 8 dollars. Or, you can subscribe for that magazine at about 6 dollars an issue.

I can see it now, "Journey pack 1: Quest with your friends in blah blah blah" and "Crystal castle (40man): Raid with your friends in blah blah blah"
    Or subscribe and rent to the content.
    that would suck, no way would i pay for what should come in a patch
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    that would suck, no way would i pay for what should come in a patch
    If you were a subscriber you wouldn't pay for content in the patch.
    If you were f2p you would.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

If you were a subscriber you wouldn't pay for content in the patch.
    If you were f2p you would.
    that would be a bad free to play model, i would rather have ingame ads all over the place then have to pay for questlines or raids
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

that would be a bad free to play model, i would rather have ingame ads all over the place then have to pay for questlines or raids
    It's an extremely successful F2P model (sometimes called "freemium")

It's an extremely successful F2P model (sometimes called "freemium")
    i dont like it. sounds greedy

You have to fund new content some how.
    If they went pure cosmetic, they would be hard pressed to put out a ton of content.
    So with a subscriber "gets everything + more" option, they get all the people who would have normally subscribed for their game.
    Then, the people who don't like subscriptions would have a f2p option where they can unlock content that they WANT to do. So they are given more choice over what they spend their money on.
    So the developer gets: People who would have subscribed for their game + People who wouldn't have subscribed but are willing to spend some money on their game + people who are just trying it out filling their queues and leveling worlds so that the other players always have someone to play with.

You have to fund new content some how.
    If they went pure cosmetic, they would be hard pressed to put out a ton of content.
    So with a subscriber "gets everything + more" option, they get all the people who would have normally subscribed for their game.
    Then, the people who don't like subscriptions would have a f2p option where they can unlock content that they WANT to do. So they are given more choice over what they spend their money on.
    So the developer gets: People who would have subscribed for their game + People who wouldn't have subscribed but are willing to spend some money on their game + people who are just trying it out filling their queues and leveling worlds so that the other players always have someone to play with.
    id rather just have ingame ads or somethin O-O

id rather just have ingame ads or somethin O-O
    I can't help but imagine a hammer where the head of it is a cocacola can.

I mean, I guess if it works then sure although I can see it getting out of hand insanely fast.

"Hey, how do you remove the mcdonalds logo from the back of your characters head?"
    "you have to pay 5 dollars to remove it"
    "oh..."

I can't help but imagine a hammer where the head of it is a cocacola can.

I mean, I guess if it works then sure although I can see it getting out of hand insanely fast.

"Hey, how do you remove the mcdonalds logo from the back of your characters head?"
    "you have to pay 5 dollars to remove it"
    "oh..."
    well i didnt mean like that, more like on loading screens and billboards in cities, maybe some spaceships would have logos on the back or side or something. could even get creative and have it be like the "nexus" version of burger king or something, or maybe tv screens in buildings could be playing adverts or something idk.

So is paid subscription!

what is this I don't even...

So you are ok with a 15$ a month charging fee but you aren't ok with buying the content you choose to want to play. DLC tend to run from 5-10 $$ and there might not be one every month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really liked the trailer they released today. Was very well put together and explained what this game is all about.

well i didnt mean like that, more like on loading screens and billboards in cities, maybe some spaceships would have logos on the back or side or something. could even get creative and have it be like the "nexus" version of burger king or something, or maybe tv screens in buildings could be playing adverts or something idk.
    If it's done tastefully then cool.
    Reminds me of the advertisements in bladerunner on the side of buildings.

If someone manages to do it well, we can trust that in 5 years EA will do it poorly. huehuehue

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Really liked the trailer they released today. Was very well put together and explained what this game is all about.
    I felt like they could of just linked a video archive of everything instead of wasting time on it imo since they just repeated what they already stated.

Still a nice video though.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    So is paid subscription!

what is this I don't even...

So you are ok with a 15$ a month charging fee but you aren't ok with buying the content you choose to want to play. DLC tend to run from 5-10 $$ and there might not be one every month.
    idk, having a sub just doesnt seem as greedy to me, maybe its just because of the way most companies treat "dlc" that i can see how easily it can get out of hand.

dont know why it just feels greedy to me

idk, having a sub just doesnt seem as greedy to me, maybe its just because of the way most companies treat "dlc" that i can see how easily it can get out of hand.

keep in mind, subscription can be abused too. Like locking people into a year subscription and then not releasing any content for 6 to 9 months.

Please tell me these "most" companies. Meaning you know every company that does DLC and "fails" at it and don't say EA because we all know about EA and that's not even fair to other games if you compare one company to another.

Now please also give me an example of how a monthly fee can't be abused. Because it can, giving you the freedom of spending 15$ a month is less greedy then being required to pay 15$ a month for a game you don't play every day.

keep in mind, subscription can be abused too. Like locking people into a year subscription and then not releasing any content for 6 to 9 months.
    the annual pass wasnt greedy. you could easily get out of it and if you chose not to pay blizzard didnt make a big deal out of it, you basically got free stuff.

its not like they purposely said "lets not give anyone content for 6 months"

i got a free mount, beta access, and 4 free months of wow for FREE, didnt have to do anything i wouldnt normally do. that doesnt sound greedy to me

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 09:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Please tell me these "most" companies. Meaning you know every company that does DLC and "fails" at it and don't say EA because we all know about EA and that's not even fair to other games if you compare one company to another.

Now please also give me an example of how a monthly fee can't be abused. Because it can, giving you the freedom of spending 15$ a month is less greedy then being required to pay 15$ a month for a game you don't play every day.
    lots of games get content "cut" from the game so they can sell less than a month after it comes out im not talking about just ea, ea is worse since the majority of their stuff is ondisk but way to many companies purposefully keep content out of the game so they can sell it later.

lots of games get content "cut" from the game so they can sell less than a month after it comes out im not talking about just ea, ea is worse since the majority of their stuff is ondisk but way to many companies purposefully keep content out of the game so they can sell it later.
    You failed to provide an example of "lots of games"

You failed to provide an example of how a subscription can't be abused like DLC can.

Everything you said about DLC can be applied to subscription.