Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post26996618

Post 22794

Would you like me to point out the post where bard explained it in black and white?

- - - Updated - - -

Wouldn't that fall into the classification of 5 man content but on a larger scale?
    Okay, so basically what you want is what I said. To log on, go straight to a raid, and that's it.

...Why? Why would anyone want that? What's even the point of creating a large, expansive world just to have people run into a hole at Lvl. 1 and never be seen again? I don't get how this would be good, at all, nor how it would appeal to anything beyond a tiny-tiny-tiny niche group.

Hell if you want that play Diablo. It's like a nonstop raid especially if you want to play it at the hardest possible difficulty. Throw in hardcore mode for giggles and you've got a real challenge.

- - - Updated - - -

gimme

/10charmanders
    Ironically I am in it.
    German science is the greatest in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    ...Why? Why would anyone want that?
    It's almost as if people are different than you.

How is this possible???
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Yes, much like how solo content is different from three man content and three man content is different from five,
    raid content is a very different from dungeons.
    Only because they are made that way, though tbh to me they are just dumbed down version of raids with less people. I mean some raids in WoW turned into 5 mans >.>

I was talking about bringing the scale of 5 mans up to raid standards
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Only because they are made that way, though tbh to me they are just dumbed down version of raids with less people. I mean some raids in WoW turned into 5 mans >.>

I was talking about bringing the scale of 5 mans up to raid standards
    Well, that too.

Rift does that to some extent with their master modes whereas WoW does it with challenge modes.

That's more on the end game spectrum which needs to exist for solo, small, medium, and large group. However, it already exists for large group whereas large group is missing from low and mid game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post

How is this possible???
    Well, then the question becomes... does it even qualify as an MMO? Is it even of the genre at that point?

My question for you specifically is this; why don't you just find another genre entirely? You do not seem at all happy with just about any element of this one. "Raiding" can be found in various games like again, the aforementioned Diablo where it is basically nothing but the game.

Well, then the question becomes... does it even qualify as an MMO? Is it even of the genre at that point?

My question for you specifically is this; why don't you just find another genre entirely? You do not seem at all happy with just about any element of this one.
    Again, acting like you know me.

tsk tsk tsk.

How is this possible???
    I can't stop laughing, it hurts

Why? Why would anyone want that?
    The same reason why you want to do quest zones, because to other people that is their thing and bard explained the flaw of getting to that point by going through a shit ton of other content people don't want to do.

Also I want a meaningful MMO that brings back farming like runescape (growing crops and watering and shit) but that's not fucking happening anytime soon. And I don't mean as literal as a RL farming simulator.

- - - Updated - - -

1)Yes because it's still Massive Multiplayer Online
    2)Never implied that there should be a game with just raids.

My question for you specifically is this; why don't you just find another genre entirely? You do not seem at all happy with just about any element of this one. "Raiding" can be found in various games like again, the aforementioned Diablo where it is basically nothing but the game.
    Your understanding of what we are talking about is so narrow that you can only fixate on the raiding aspect

I can't stop laughing, it hurts

The same reason why you want to do quest zones, because to other people that is their thing and bard explained the flaw of getting to that point by going through a shit ton of other content people don't want to do.

Also I was a meaningful MMO that brings back farming like runescape (growing crops and watering and shit) but that's not fucking happening anytime soon. And I don't mean as literal as a RL farming simulator.
    Yes but what is the carrot at the end of leveling? Raiding is just that.

So if you make raiding instantaneous what's the point of leveling via combat?

It's not an idea that can co-exist because raiding in fact is the endgame/highlight of the combat leveling system as it currently stands.

Shh, let him flail around a bit more.

1)Yes because it's still Massive Multiplayer Online
    Not if it's just a group of people in a given instance at all times. Not really.

Yes but what is the carrot at the end of leveling? Raiding is just that.
    Why does the carrot have to be raiding?

- - - Updated - - -

Not if it's just a group of people in a given instance at all times. Not really.
    See point 2:

Let's not ignore half of what we say.

Additionally, what about MMO which do not have raiding?

What about games which have 5 man dungeons as their end game?

Or have the ability to go solo against raid bosses and have leader boards for kill times?

Or where story and quests are THE GAME.

Why can't the carrot stay in the confines of said content instead of divulging into entirely different content?

Meaning why is questings carrot a completely different form of content (raiding) and why is raidings carrot not even fucking content it's just ilvls?

Then what the hell else would it be? You need to come up with comprehensive ideas before you go around saying, "Well you can have yours but I also want mine." because often times in the real world, it doesn't work so well.

If you have a leveling system based on combat does it not make sense that the endgame focus of that system would be to fight the biggest and baddest when all is said and done? Which is what raids are, the finale. The whole point of what you've been slaying various monsters, gradually battling more and more deadly opponents.

I agree with crafters being able to focus on crafting. I agree with gatherers being able to focus on gathering. So on and so forth. However the attempted disconnect between leveling through combat and raiding doesn't make any sense to me. As they're very much intertwined currently.

Why can't the carrot stay in the confines of said content instead of divulging into entirely different content?
    Yes, why must one beat Diddykong Racing in order to play Golden Eye?
    Why must one quest in order to raid?

- - - Updated - - -

Then what the hell else would it be?
    The end game of whichever game mode you enjoy playing.

How is this not obvious to you?

Then what the hell else would it be? You need to come up with comprehensive ideas before you go around saying, "Well you can have yours but I also want mine." because often times in the real world, it doesn't work so well.
    We... already have... this is why the first thing I said to you was:

"You must be new here. Hi my name is zito and this is bard."

If you have a leveling system based on combat does it not make sense that the endgame focus of that system would be to fight the biggest and baddest when all is said and done? Which is what raids are, the finale. The whole point of what you've been slaying various monsters, gradually battling more and more deadly opponents.
    I ask again why does it have to be raids? Here is your box: [] get out of it.

but I don't think it's fair to claim that raiding is the only endgame in this game even when there is so much talk about and focus on it.
    There was never such a claim. Currently.

Why must one quest in order to raid?

- - - Updated - - -

The end game of whichever game mode you enjoy playing.

How is this not obvious to you?
    We're talking specifically about leveling through combat.

If you're going to make a game where people can do given focuses from basically the first level, what would be at the end of the line for people leveling via combat? Just to hit their level cap and go, "Well guys, we're here. Let's go home. Those other guys will fight the even cooler stuff."

Hey now. Diddykong racing > Golden eye