10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got my scientist ground mount front flair.

http://i.imgur.com/IVk8iWB.png

I stopped slacking and finished the Southern GV datacubes I needed. >.>;
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't taken a look too much into what level you start earning those kind of items for your path. I'm currently level 17 scientist, but have never found all datacubes for a zone - will it be required in the end? Or just another source of xp?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how tanky my Engineer feels, and its a beast in pve, but hot damn my spellslinger just gets funner and funner. Stalker trying a gank? Void slip. Exile mask carrier in the crosshairs of a couple of healers? Spatial shift him beck into your pack and watch his health bar disappear. Want to give a long range love tap? True sight. Make sure they "can feel that?" Assassinate. So much fun!
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    I haven't taken a look too much into what level you start earning those kind of items for your path. I'm currently level 17 scientist, but have never found all datacubes for a zone - will it be required in the end? Or just another source of xp?
    You can hit max path level without completing everything your path offers in each zone. After that, it'll offer XP and at max character level that translates into Elder Points (for Elder gems).

I recently hit 50/30, and cleared a few more zones (explored every zone fully, now, and done most of my path stuff), and it got me a few extra Elder Gems from doing path stuff even though I was "finished". Still need to do more, though.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

10+ Year Old Account
    On a sidenote about path experience. I recommend you try and cap it to level 30 asap because if you do so before you hit 50, any path exp you get goes straight into leveling exp which REALLY helps in the last few zones. I posted earlier how I felt meh about Grimvault. I no longer feel that way after I got through some parts and the path experience is really helping me chug along the last 3 levels to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    On a sidenote about path experience. I recommend you try and cap it to level 30 asap because if you do so before you hit 50, any path exp you get goes straight into leveling exp which REALLY helps in the last few zones. I posted earlier how I felt meh about Grimvault. I no longer feel that way after I got through some parts and the path experience is really helping me chug along the last 3 levels to go.
    I hit 50 before getting very far into WGV. It was practically "ooh, raid portal, ding". Depends on how much stuff you do earlier in the levelling process, and whether you skipped tasks to get out of areas. I did skip about a third of one zone (Galeras), and a few bits from Whitevale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    I hit 50 before getting very far into WGV. It was practically "ooh, raid portal, ding". Depends on how much stuff you do earlier in the levelling process, and whether you skipped tasks to get out of areas. I did skip about a third of one zone (Galeras), and a few bits from Whitevale.
    Well so far I've done 0 dungeons/adventures. Literally none. Have heard many bad things about pugs and the guild I'm in has very few people online at any given time. Might change it soon maybe. Either way, I'll go back to dungeons once people kind of get through the learning curve, though it's not even vet difficulty while leveling so I might give it another shot either on another toon or perhaps use the mentor thing and help a lowbie through if that's possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Well so far I've done 0 dungeons/adventures. Literally none. Have heard many bad things about pugs and the guild I'm in has very few people online at any given time. Might change it soon maybe. Either way, I'll go back to dungeons once people kind of get through the learning curve, though it's not even vet difficulty while leveling so I might give it another shot either on another toon or perhaps use the mentor thing and help a lowbie through if that's possible.
    The levelling dungeons are easy, I never had one fail group while levelling. Of course you may get unlucky, but the majority of groups clear them easily.

I did the first dungeon once on my main character, and didn't finish it. I've done the first two back in beta.

Seriously, pick up every quest in the area you're in. Do your path stuff. You're not rushing to 50, so just try everything.

Hello there,

I really love MMOs and I usually am bored by every single player game I try to launch from my Steam collection (except the first two Arkham Batman which were really good distraction). I'm a long time WoW player and I've been mainly focusing on the raiding / PvE part of the game (I play DotA 2 when I want some PvP action). I've been placing high hopes on Wildstar since it seemed to promise us some great PvE. I've tried the game during the closed and open Beta and I'm currently trying it again thanks to a 7 days guest pass a friend gave me. And... I hate to say it but I can't find myself hooked by the game.

I've been trying many MMOs since my debut on DaoC and I've nearly always find the beginning of those game very catchy. The first levels are always enjoyable and it's often later that the experience tend to hype down. In Wildstar (and unfortunately it was the same with TESO) I find the starting levels to really be a pain in the neck. I mean, you create your character (you can't really see any difference between classes and specs at this point) and you have to just walk / run talking to a bunch of people and watching cutscenes. There is a really fast "action moment" were you have to destroy some mobs (but at that point they could be just target dummies) and there you go for another walk through a spaceship. And here you are, get some lore on your face!

I've managed to level up to level 13. I've tried some PvP, which was not a really good experience at that point. I've rerolled many times since I love to test classes and spells but I haven't found the telegraph / targeting system and main gameplay really fun. The combat "feels" clunky (at that point). I know I'm only in the early stage of the game and I can't judge the whole thing but I NEED some motivation to convince me to buy the game and invest time and effort in it.

As I wrote I really love PvE, I love difficulty in it (I was what you could call an "hardcore" raider during Vanilla / TBC WoW) and I want to know if Wildstar could bring me some fun. At that point I fear I would be disappointed if I try to force myself into leveling in order to be able to find a guild and enjoy raids. I've noted a few points where I would need some enlightenment, and possibly some reassurance.

1. The 8 spells system: I enjoy playing classes where I have like a million buttons to push (wizard in DDO, MW Monk in WoW, etc.) and I was quite chocked to learn that you can only have 8 spells available on your bar in Wildstar. Does it feel good to you (I'm addressing to people who like having 8 bars of spells / macros and stuff)? I was really disappointed during my leveling where I had to leave some spells in my spellbook because I didn't unlock the next action bar slot.

2. Tanking: Is tanking any fun in that game? I usually play support (in fact I almost never play DPS in MMOs) and I was MT during most of my raiding time. Is it challenging to tank bosses? I read that threat could be problematic, but is it like in TBC where you had to be clever AND aware to hold aggro or is it something that cannot be helped?

3. Healing: I love healing as much as tanking, sometimes more when there is a great challenge (I absolutely LOVED early Cata WoW where most healers find it disgusting). Is the healing gameplay fun / challenging in Wildstar? There seems to be almost only AoE spells, does that affect healing strategy? Does the game put a great emphasis on resource management / cooldown/ both?

Thank you very much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NeitherDoI View Post
    1. The 8 spells system: I enjoy playing classes where I have like a million buttons to push (wizard in DDO, MW Monk in WoW, etc.) and I was quite chocked to learn that you can only have 8 spells available on your bar in Wildstar. Does it feel good to you (I'm addressing to people who like having 8 bars of spells / macros and stuff)? I was really disappointed during my leveling where I had to leave some spells in my spellbook because I didn't unlock the next action bar slot.

2. Tanking: Is tanking any fun in that game? I usually play support (in fact I almost never play DPS in MMOs) and I was MT during most of my raiding time. Is it challenging to tank bosses? I read that threat could be problematic, but is it like in TBC where you had to be clever AND aware to hold aggro or is it something that cannot be helped?

3. Healing: I love healing as much as tanking, sometimes more when there is a great challenge (I absolutely LOVED early Cata WoW where most healers find it disgusting). Is the healing gameplay fun / challenging in Wildstar? There seems to be almost only AoE spells, does that affect healing strategy? Does the game put a great emphasis on resource management / cooldown/ both?

Thank you very much.
    1. I can look past it, but I would much rather have more spells available, it gives me a much more enjoyable experience when you have more skills at your disposal.

2. Tanking is rubbish imo, it's basically just a gimped dps that attracts the mobs attention.

3. Healing is fun and takes some getting used to. It is rather easy once you get used to it. People that stand in red stuff or dodge out of your heals make it challenging

10+ Year Old Account
    The LAS is a little frustrating at times, but it forces you to build your character and be smart about it. At any one time in WoW, I wouldn't really use more than 15 buttons at a time. Maybe 20. I also play Shaman, which uses more buttons than any other class I've tried. (I'd only use about 8 on my Rogue) I rarely had to use the entire set of icons on my action bar.
    It's also worth noting that the times that I've actually had to use more than 10 buttons on a regular basis made me feel like I had WAY too many buttons (which is why there's all this talk about bloat and cutting down on it).

I still don't like it any more than you, however. It's downright weird that I know how to use Assassinate, but simply haven't slotted it. So why isn't my character using it? I didn't like that about WoW specializations either, though. It's weird for my character to suddenly "forget" how to do something. People IRL don't just magically undo their training and learn to do something completely different. They tend to learn multiple things.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2014-06-25 at 10:19 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I am finding as time passes more and more people easily succeed at dungeons, most people don't succeed the first time they experience something. The most I have experienced is wiping on two out of 4 bosses in a dungeon once but downing it on the next try. If you are looking to be carried to victory and can't handle an occaisional wipe due to inexperience then you should avoid using the dungeon finder.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    The levelling dungeons are easy, I never had one fail group while levelling. Of course you may get unlucky, but the majority of groups clear them easily.
    Still harder than flex/normal raids in WoW though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I am finding as time passes more and more people easily succeed at dungeons, most people don't succeed the first time they experience something. The most I have experienced is wiping on two out of 4 bosses in a dungeon once but downing it on the next try. If you are looking to be carried to victory and can't handle an occaisional wipe due to inexperience then you should avoid using the dungeon finder.
    Sadly I must have bad luck with dungeon groups. I've tried 3 times while leveling to run a dungeon, and he groups can't get past either the first few trash pulls or the first boss. I have had elitist lowbie tanks that immediately leave group if they die. Of course it seems some of these tanks leveling seem to think they can tank many mobs like they would have in wow, which doesn't help the situation. So I will wait til I hit max level before I try to run dungeons again...
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Well actually I wouldn't be bothered by the LAS if I was playing a DPS, as there is often a "best rotation" associated with that role and I think 8 spells would suffice to bring that to an interesting level. But when you play heal or tank, it's always fun to have the biggest toolbox to be able to deal with special situations and react properly to events. For example I tried nearly every heal / tank class in WoW (as in most of the MMOs I played) and I couldn't have much fun playing as a Resto Shaman or Guardian Druid where you have few and more straightforward spells. My best memory take me back to early Cata when I could switch between more than 15 different sources of healing playing my AA disc priest. I can understand that it could overwhelm most players, but I find my fun in those kind of things and I fear that I would find the LAS to be a little too restrictive (according to my playstyle).

Thanks for the insight though !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sileh View Post
    Still harder than flex/normal raids in WoW though.
    No, they're not. Maybe 80% of Flex.

Maybe you shouldn't compare things when you are talking about how easy things are when you over gear it. If you take a bunch of randoms into SoO normal, who have never done it before, in ToT normal gear, you will have a pretty bad time.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2014-06-25 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NeitherDoI View Post
    Well actually I wouldn't be bothered by the LAS if I was playing a DPS, as there is often a "best rotation" associated with that role and I think 8 spells would suffice to bring that to an interesting level. But when you play heal or tank, it's always fun to have the biggest toolbox to be able to deal with special situations and react properly to events. For example I tried nearly every heal / tank class in WoW (as in most of the MMOs I played) and I couldn't have much fun playing as a Resto Shaman or Guardian Druid where you have few and more straightforward spells. My best memory take me back to early Cata when I could switch between more than 15 different sources of healing playing my AA disc priest. I can understand that it could overwhelm most players, but I find my fun in those kind of things and I fear that I would find the LAS to be a little too restrictive (according to my playstyle).

Thanks for the insight though !
    Except almost all of the DPS only use 2-3 buttons in their dps rotation. It's actually pretty boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    No, they're not. Maybe 80% of Flex.

Maybe you shouldn't compare things when you are talking about how easy things are when you over gear it. If you take a bunch of randoms into SoO normal, who have never done it before, in ToT normal gear, you will have a pretty bad time.
    Agree on the part that leveling dungeons aren't that hard, but they simply require a different mindset that strays away from performing a rotation flawlessly and focuses on fight execution instead, since dps requirements aren't high until you go for timed runs and silver/gold medals. Many people find this difficult - the idea that if you do enough dps the fight is easy is something pretty deeply inside the mind of many players.

Once people starts to graps the concept, istances will become easier and easier over time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    Except almost all of the DPS only use 2-3 buttons in their dps rotation. It's actually pretty boring.
    Don't know if you're referring to WoW or Wildstar, but as an Engineer i actively use all of my skills in bar in my dps cycle.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

The one thing they really need to fix is these teleporting goldselling farmers. Its at the point that every time I run towards a resource someone teleports on it and is gone a second later with the resource. The game is practically bleeding with these guys and it is ruining the game for me. They are killing the resources market by driving the value of mats down and jacking up the costs of high end items by selling back and forth between accounts to artificially drive up the profits.
    I haven't seen any mention that they recognize the problem or are looking into fixing it. They move so fast you can't even report them.