Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    To say "the game falls apart after extended play" is a statement that requires more explanation.
    Which would require breaking the NDA.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I might check this game out if it's ever released, I see a lot of buzz. The good kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Which would require breaking the NDA.
    So its ok to break the NDA to make negative comments about the game and its developers, but not ok to clarify such remarks. Gotcha.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

So its ok to break the NDA to make negative comments about the game and its developers, but not ok to clarify such remarks. Gotcha.
    Exactly. We are allowed to be vague, essentially. Rather than, you know, picking a handful of quests and explaining why they are shit.

Exactly. We are allowed to be vague, essentially. Rather than, you know, picking a handful of quests and explaining why they are shit.
    Sounds like you didn't actually read the NDA you signed.

The receiving party may only use the disclosing party's Confidential Information in connection with the Purpose for the mutual benefit of both parties.
    So bashing the game on a public forum probably would not count as "mutual benefit", and is thus in violation of the NDA.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

So bashing the game on a public forum probably would not count as "mutual benefit", and is thus in violation of the NDA.
    It's in their benefit.

First of all, it lowers the expectations of the frothing masses who have this insane idea that the game is going to be perfect. Second, it can create enough negative buzz about certain aspects that they will attempt to fix it before launch. One example of this would be their questing system from the previous CBT and their attempt to dress it up in the current iteration.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Well it's not really WoW in space, it's more like wow with a slightly different color wrapper

still, if that's what you are looking for then you'll be plenty satisfied. I agree there is nothing wrong with that. I was just looking for something a bit different I guess.
    You know this statement could apply completely to Warlords of Draenor. This look fresher than anything Blizzards producing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    You know this statement could apply completely to Warlords of Draenor. This look fresher than anything Blizzards producing.
    oh really? you are telling me a wow expansion is going to be like wow?

im completely shocked how did you come upon this information?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's in their benefit.

First of all, it lowers the expectations of the frothing masses who have this insane idea that the game is going to be perfect. Second, it can create enough negative buzz about certain aspects that they will attempt to fix it before launch. One example of this would be their questing system from the previous CBT and their attempt to dress it up in the current iteration.
    Not to mention that saying 'I don't like this' and providing no details isn't exactly disclosing 'confidential information' in the first place. But hey, some people like to stir up shit for no reason than to be dramatic. It's why I ignore those people.
    BAD WOLF

I've always thought the whole "telegraph" thing was just a cleverly presented scam that gets Carbine out from having to create unique animations for different creatures. The idea of dodging things on the ground is far from new, all Carbine did was replace detailed, unique art on the ground with simple, generic green and red boxes.

It really does feel cheap when you play it, like telegraphs are supposed to be a placeholder for the "real" animation. Its a very ugly style of gameplay that really detracts from what is an otherwise very artistic world.
    This comment is hilarious to me. A scam? Really?

The animation comes out after the telegraph. Telegraphs are simply a warning system and the animation follows and for ex does damage if you were standing in it. Telegraphs make normal combat more fun, while leveling, doing day to day stuff. Its a small thing that helps to break the monotony.

In a raid setting telegraphs can be used as a clearly defined raid mechanic, FF14 does some great thing in their game with the telegraph system and I expect Wildstar to do the same but due to the action oriented combat for it to be a tad more fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Mmmk. Counter point. It has become my least anticipated MMO for next year.
    I get that youre in the beta and are not thrilled about the current state of the game in your eyes, but Im not sure how this can be said with TESO releasing in April. Besides some cool class customization that could be the most underwhelming AAA MMO launch ever.

- - - Updated - - -

If everyone treated MMOs like they do their other games, they would be much happy.
    No game can offer you everything you want. It's why I and others play multiple MMOs, each for it's best quality and, usually, only that.
    On the other side, there is a faction of people who like having that 1 game that they play and focus on and want that to be as desirable as possible.
    I know very very few people that dabble in multiple MMOs at the same time, maybe MMOs and a MOBA or something but not multiple MMOs.

No MMO is going to satisfy everyone, and trying to cater to everyone can also be detrimental to your MMO. The best bet in the current marketplace is try to create something fun, challenging, and different enough to draw in people who will adopt the game.

Wildstar has the opportunity ton do this, the question really is will they be able to deliver something that will build a loyal fanbase.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    This is one of the level 20 dungeon bosses in action at 9 minutes 15 seconds:
    To be honest, this reminds me of the old and now disfunctional (because Blizzard found it too easy that way and disabled LUA features that made that possible) WoW Addon AVR. Here a picture of AVR in action at that time:
    ]
    WoW didnt disable because it made the game easier. They disabled it because they didn't like players altering the game world with an addon.

AVR created the telegraph system before it was ever put into a MMO. It took the poorly graphically displayed "dont stand in bad" boss mechanics and gave you actual zones where the ability was going to hit.

To touch on your other topics, do red telegraphs on the ground get in the way of immersion? Maybe, but frankly when you're killing a boss fight with a large raid of people immersion takes a back seat to clearly defined raid mechanics. The epic feel of taking in 20-40 people and fighting a boss doesnt have to do with immersion it has to do with design.

Heres a video of a 24 man boss in FF14's Crystal Tower raid, Acheron, this is a visually stunning fight, although quite easy.

This shows what can be done using a telegraph system without simply using red coloring everywhere. Will Wildstar do something like this? I don't know fpr sure but I imagine they will.

I could totally see an epic 40 man fight in wildstar like this one. Hopefully with improved difficulty though since Crystal Tower is basically a slightly harder LFR.

yikes, that screen is....busy

Not to mention that saying 'I don't like this' and providing no details isn't exactly disclosing 'confidential information' in the first place. But hey, some people like to stir up shit for no reason than to be dramatic. It's why I ignore those people.
    you mean like, let's see, exactly what you're doing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ateista View Post
    you mean like, let's see, exactly what you're doing?
    Yes, I'm saying I don't like it and not providing details so that I don't disclose any confidential information I may or may not have. You're right, that's exactly what I'm doing. (as I should) Vroom vroom though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    I get that youre in the beta and are not thrilled about the current state of the game in your eyes, but Im not sure how this can be said with TESO releasing in April. Besides some cool class customization that could be the most underwhelming AAA MMO launch ever.
    1) I never said I was in beta.
    2) I haven't seen, heard, or experienced really anything about TESO personally so I can't comment on that. I'm too busy enjoying how awesome Skyrim is. I'm not sure why anyone would even want an MMO when they could just try out more mods.
    BAD WOLF

Yes, I'm saying I don't like it and not providing details so that I don't disclose any confidential information I may or may not have. You're right, that's exactly what I'm doing. (as I should) Vroom vroom though.
    really? because what i saw was you stating that you don't like it, then when someone asked a legitimate question you talked about their post count instead of answering it.

honestly all i see is you going on the defensive each and every time with ad hominem responses.

great, we get it, you don't like the game. how about you post constructively.

10+ Year Old Account
    really? because what i saw was you stating that you don't like it, then when someone asked a legitimate question you talked about their post count instead of answering it.
    Yes I should answer questions that equate to grammar/technicality police. Do you have anymore internet buzzwords to throw out in your post? I'm surprised I didn't see strawman, gameplay used improperly, etc. You are pretty much writing the textbook on improper posting. It's odd that you find the need to attack me, claim I'm the one being defensive (passive aggressive much? How tacky), and generally waste all our time because you don't share my opinion.

You're free to love and even worship the game. I'd suggest you not crusade against people who state otherwise. No one can adequately discuss their opinions for good or ill because of NDA. You'll just have to put your big boy britches on and be ok with that.

PS- You clearly missed the context of the entire conversation if you think I was seriously commenting on a post count. Go back and reread it, maybe you'll be enlightened. It was sarcasm to make a point.
    BAD WOLF

Yes I should answer questions that equate to grammar/technicality police. Do you have anymore internet buzzwords to throw out in your post? I'm surprised I didn't see strawman, gameplay used improperly, etc. You are pretty much writing the textbook on improper posting. It's odd that you find the need to attack me, claim I'm the one being defensive (passive aggressive much? How tacky), and generally waste all our time because you don't share my opinion.

You're free to love and even worship the game. I'd suggest you not crusade against people who state otherwise. No one can adequately discuss their opinions for good or ill because of NDA. You'll just have to put your big boy britches on and be ok with that.

PS- You clearly missed the context of the entire conversation if you think I was seriously commenting on a post count. Go back and reread it, maybe you'll be enlightened. It was sarcasm to make a point.
    while i don't post really at all in this thread, i have been actively reading it since the beginning. i see what i see and that is you're really defensive.

if you don't like people with an opposite opinion of yours, don't post. because ad hominem responses only make you look like a complete jackass.

is what is, mate.

10+ Year Old Account
    ad hominem
    Last thing I'll say to you is a bit of advice: look up what that phrase actually means. You're using it incorrectly. Not only am I not somehow dismissing an argument, as an argument doesn't exist (since all I did was offer my opinion), but I'm also not insulting anyone to dismiss that imaginary argument. But by all means, continue to be directly insulting. H.B. don't care.
    BAD WOLF

great, we get it, you don't like the game. how about you post constructively.
    When are people going to get it through their heads that posting your opinion is being constructive and bitching about other peoples' opinions is not?

If every boss is a Heigan dance I won't be raiding. It will surely get stale in the long run, I'd probably quit at the first expac.

Quote Originally Posted by igniter View Post
    If every boss is a Heigan dance I won't be raiding. It will surely get stale in the long run, I'd probably quit at the first expac.
    its not. You can compare even the first two shon dungeons and see that they clearly follow different encounter design. e.g. first boss in KV could be a normal wow boss. the only difference is, that the effectful encounter animations are backgrounded with a telegraph.

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers