Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    I'm well aware of that thanks. The way Kelimbror spoke, sounds as if some addon changes the way he plays combat, and i'm unsure what he means by that. Is it just some tweak, or is it a core change ? Usually those aren't addons allowed by MMO developers .
    Steer and keybindfreedom result in a pretty major change to combat.

As much a change as combatmode1.1 has on Gw2.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Anyone got a screenshot of this new UI they are implementing?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm well aware of that. The way Kelimbror spoke, sounds as if some addon changes the way he plays combat, and i'm unsure what he means by that. Is it just some tweak, or is it a core change ? Usually those aren't addons allowed by MMO developers .
    Bard and I found two addons when used in conjuction (both are the same author) that perfectly replicate pretty smooth action combat gameplay. One of them is completely acceptable as Carbine had their own version, Deadlock, which then was picked up by an author (deadlock extended).

What we use is called Steer + Keybind Freedom. It allows you to rebind any keys in the game, including to the mouse clicks. There's no reason why they shouldn't allow this, but earlier actions of theirs makes it seem like it may be prevented. In any case, Steer is still superb to deadlock extended in functionality because it automatically gives you mouse control back when you stop moving or press a toggle instead of only being able to toggle on and off.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Bard and I found two addons when used in conjuction (both are the same author) that perfectly replicate pretty smooth action combat gameplay. One of them is completely acceptable as Carbine had their own version, Deadlock, which then was picked up by an author (deadlock extended).

What we use is called Steer + Keybind Freedom. It allows you to rebind any keys in the game, including to the mouse clicks. There's no reason why they shouldn't allow this, but earlier actions of theirs makes it seem like it may be prevented. In any case, Steer is still superb to deadlock extended in functionality because it automatically gives you mouse control back when you stop moving or press a toggle instead of only being able to toggle on and off.
    That sounds like something amazing. However i wonder if they'll allow that to go on, this is what i meant. It changes alot in how the game is played. Next beta weekend i'll try those addons, because it sounds better than default. I'm picturing that as a Tera/Neverwinter combat style , with a toggle to give regular mouse control. Which is awesome.

That sounds like something amazing. However i wonder if they'll allow that to go on, this is what i meant. It changes alot in how the game is played. Next beta weekend i'll try those addons, because it sounds better than default. I'm picturing that as a Tera/Neverwinter combat style , with a toggle to give regular mouse control. Which is awesome.
    If they do, I stop playing. It's why I stopped testing after CBT3.

If they are adamant about sticking to shitty controls, then it will cost them.

Even GW2, the anti-addon king, unofficially supports CM1.1. Arenanet knows not to get in the way of fun, they should make sure carbine know it too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    If they do, I stop playing. It's why I stopped testing after CBT3.

If they are adamant about sticking to shitty controls, then it will cost them.

Even GW2, the anti-addon king, unofficially supports CM1.1. Arenanet knows not to get in the way of fun, they should make sure carbine know it too.
    I think the combat is ok, just not as good as it could be. The way Kel described , sure sounds alot better than default. I tend to be very negative when it comes to fun. When you are enjoying the game in a way the devs did not want or envision, in a MMO environment usually means they'll go out of their way to break it.

I think the combat is ok, just not as good as it could be.
    That has to do with mob AI in general. This was originally just a tab target game like Rift or WoW, with the transition to telegraphed attacks they never bothered to change mob AI to support their "action" combat.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    That has to do with mob AI in general. This was originally just a tab target game like Rift or WoW, with the transition to telegraphed attacks they never bothered to change mob AI to support their "action" combat.
    Did I miss something? I don't ever remember it being a traditional tab target MMO >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a point where majority of abilities were targeted but that was early on. They've been transitioning more and more to skill shot with each beta test.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Did I miss something? I don't ever remember it being a traditional tab target MMO >.>

I think Wildstar had every combat system possible at different point of its development, tab targetting was the initial I believe... they made a video at some point about it where they show the game at different stage.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Anyone got a screenshot of this new UI they are implementing?
    http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/ne...s_is_more.php/

http://www.wildstar-online.com/media...UD_labeled.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Some updates for you folks,

"Whoa. There are some big changes in the April patch. Some I didn't even know about. And only 71 pages of notes this time..."

Scooter CM

"I'd like to post them before PAX, even if the patch isn't out yet."

Scooter CM

"Yes, our goal is to deploy the last major content drop before launch sometime next week (QA is finalizing testing of our Release Candidate at the moment). We will absolutely continue to fix issues between then and launch on an irregular basis, so if the issue you are waiting for us to fix isn't in the next patch, don't fret . It isn't like we are all going home for the next two months!"

CRB_Cougar

"Okay... you get one patch notes tease for today: "Stun's breakout gameplay has been changed." Details will be in the full notes this week."

Scooter CM

So if all goes well it would mean we can get our new UI and things next week or the week after, depending on another bonus week-end and their internal results and that we might get the final set of content patch notes before this week-end.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    So if all goes well it would mean we can get our new UI and things next week or the week after, depending on another bonus week-end and their internal results and that we might get the final set of content patch notes before this week-end.
    The thing was posted on Sunday, so "next week" should mean "this week".
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm aware i just don't see them adding a patch and doing a bonus week-end while pax is running, i could be wrong but find it unlikely
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I'm aware i just don't see them adding a patch and doing a bonus week-end while pax is running, i could be wrong but find it unlikely
    Actually I think they want to push it out before PAX, especially if the patch includes the new UI. I assume they have a demo stage at PAX so they really want to show the polished version of the UI instead of the horrible mess it is right now.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow that actually looks so much better than it was. Scratch one complaint. Hopefully theyll deal with the pop up bombardment aswell with this change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Actually I think they want to push it out before PAX, especially if the patch includes the new UI. I assume they have a demo stage at PAX so they really want to show the polished version of the UI instead of the horrible mess it is right now.
    Would be interesting to see if they managed to get the live build working on their internal servers and a demo ready to ship for pax on such a short time frame. Highly skeptical about that but not ruling it out. Would be good for them to show off the live build this event however.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    He means that the mobs act the exact same way as they do in a gen 2 MMO. IE: Unavoidable white damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    He means that the mobs act the exact same way as they do in a gen 2 MMO. IE: Unavoidable white damage.
    No, Zito meant that the game originally was a tab target MMO and they later switched to the telegraph combat but forget to change the mobs. Which Edge- questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Patch notes tease...

"@CRB_Youmukon Because I'm nice, here are #WildStar Patch Notes for the next update: http://i.imgur.com/4P8bvy4.png Can't see anything? ZOOM AND ENHANCE Ψ(`▽´)Ψ"
    ― Anthony Hopkins